The official SWG site has posted a gigantic list of new features that will be coming soon to the MMORPG based in George Lucas' Star Wars universe. Here is a partial list:
Droid & Droid Engineer Enhancements
- Droid Damage Repair Kits and Droid Wound Repair Kit
- Droid Battery consumption rate halved (enabling them to last twice as long)
- Droids will no longer be susceptible to poisons, bleeds, /warcry or /intimidate
- Combat Droids will have all the fighting functionality of a regular combat-capable creature (CL10)
- These options will function like creature pets.
- All players will have the ability to own and operate these combat droids.
- A combat droid is a droid that is capable of attacking things, in addition to other potential droid capabilities that can be added to droids currently.
- The normal crafting process is used, and a combat module is included in the droid.
- Combat module will only mount in droids capable of combat. They can be placed in one of the general droid module slots that already exist on the droid chassis', seen during the crafting of the droid.
- Combat module is crafted in exactly the same fashion as other droid modules, using a draft schematic, resource ingredients, and previously crafted component ingredients.
- Combat modules can be crafted at varying quality levels, which can be seen when the module is examined.
- Combat modules stack and if more than one of them is placed in a single droid, they have a cumulative effect.
- To have the strongest combat droid, six 100% combat modules must be used in constructing a droid.
Preliminary Combat Balance Changes:
As part of the ongoing Combat Balance, the team has made some preliminary changes to combat in order to equalize some of the larger changes that have been made recently.
- Defensive Modifiers will have a hard cap with profession template stacking. Defense stacking will no longer stack beyond the intended combat calculation limits causing the defender to be nigh invulnerable.
- Carbineer Specials have been improved:
- The dizzy effect in /fullAutoSingle1, /fullAutoSingle2, /fullAutoArea1 & /fullAutoArea2 have been improved
- /burstShot2 was changed from a single target to an AE cone attack
- /actionShot2 now hits all targets in the area of effect.
- Defense / To-Hit Fixes:
- Melee attackers now get a To Hit bonus when attacking targets with ranged weapons.
- Dodge enhancing Food now decreases your chance of being hit.
- Accuracy increasing food now increases your chance to hit your target.
- Dead Eye buff now increases your chance to hit your target.
- Warcry has been changed from being a single target lock down preventing it from attacking to a method of "crowd control". Enemies can be temporarily prevented from attacking as long as they are not currently being attacked themselves.
- Bleed DoT Improvements: Targeted pool bleeds (/mindShot1 & 2, /healthShot1 & 2, etc) now hit their intended pool on the initial strike as well as the bleed damage.
The list at the official web site is MUCH longer than this, please follow this link to read it all.