Codemasters kicked off another great newsletter today. It covered many cool things, but noteably was a glimpse at what the lucky few in Beta 0.5 are up to:
So what have we been doing?
As you are all probably aware, Beta0.5 is mainly a server stress test and as there isn't much gameplay as such, the beta-testers have been quite creative during their time in Fortitude. A hike took place last week in which around 25 of them walked from empire to empire to take in the breathtaking views and explore the delights of the world. I believe I heard that a race was being organised, more on that later.
Our main objective of getting 800 people in the game simultaneously is still pending but we expect this to be achieved over the next couple of weeks. With the promise of special treats, we don't doubt that everyone will logon at the specified time!
It also featured a "Hot News" section that answers some of the rumors that have been circulating our forums about e-mails from Codemasters:
- Questionnaire - In the next few days we will be sending out a questionnaire to a selection of randomly chosen people. The purpose of the questionnaire is to gauge how people would prefer to receive their beta client in future beta phases. Don't worry if you do not receive one this time, we just want to get an idea of what a cross-section of people think. Please also note that this is *not* an invitation to beta!
- RPG Vault Q&A - In the latest question and answer session, Jonric talks to Phil White about Beta0.5.
- Just RPG Dragon Empires Article - by Wendy Gasperazzo. An informative and interesting article about everything Dragon Empires. With a bonus of five brand new screenshots!View here
- Lead Artist dev diary - Adam brings us up to date on the art team's progress, plus kindly gives us a whopping 9 new screenshots of spell effects! Read here
- Beta0.5 invites and e-mail addresses - We have had several of our beta invitations e-mails bounced back. We ask that you all please ensure your beta registration details are up to date! You can check here