Console and JRPG fans will be pleased to hear that 2003's Disgaea is heading to Steam with a new enhanced and updated version. The PC version is expected to be released in February 2016.
- An SRPG from the most prolific SRPG creators in the world, Nippon Ichi Software
- Choose from over 40 unique character types
- Even with a max level of 9999, use Transmigration to start all over again, but your characters will be even stronger per level!
- Delve into the Item World, a randomly generated dungeon world, to level up your items!
- With max level characters and leveled-up items, dish out millions of points of damage!
- Over-the-top battle animations
- Geo Panels - A puzzle game within a Strategy RPG
- Lift & Throw - Throw your allies up ledges to reach enemies in hard-to-reach spots, or toss your enemies around instead!
- A zany story set in the Netherworld, where the notions of good and evil are reversed
New to Disgaea PC (It's not just a port!):
- Updated UI and textures
- Keyboard/Mouse and controller support
- Includes all content from Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness
- New Steam features, such as Achievements, Cloud Saves, Badges, and trading cards
Learn more on the Disgaea Steam page.
Funcom has announced that its horror-themed game, The Park, will be launching on both XBox One and PlayStation 4. The Park is expected to be released for consoles in early 2016. The Park is tied loosely to The Secret World, set in the haunting amusement park from Kingsmouth.
In 'The Park' players step into the shoes of Lorraine, a mother whose son goes missing at the Atlantic Island Park. Here players must explore the dilapidated amusement park and face panic and paranoia as they progress unravel Lorraine's story and the history of the park itself.
Read the full press release on Funcom's site.
Check out our own Bill Murphy's review of The Park.
The Heroes of the Storm team has put up a great new video to give players a look at how the two-player controlled Cho'Gall will work in the game. The "Cho" player is a mighty warrior in charge of movement. The "Gall" player is the finisher and more of a ranged DPS timing specialist. "Two players, one head all sharing the same body". Check out the video!
MMORPG.com has been given some very special gift keys for Wizard101 to share with our community. These gift keys will grant you one random Skeleton Key! A skeleton key is an expendable item that unlocks a hidden room that holds a special challenge boss or bonus reward. Bosses behind a door locked by a skeleton key can give really rare loot! If you’d like to save your key for later, it can even be hung on the wall of your house for safe keeping. Typically skeleton keys are found from battling the big bosses of Wizard101, but here’s your chance to get one absolutely free.
The codes will give the redeemer a chance at winning one of three items:
Codes can be redeemed from any location worldwide, but are only redeemable at https://www.wizard101.com/promo for use on the KingsIsle version of Wizard101. This promotion cannot be redeemed for Gameforge or Taomee hosted versions of the game. These codes expire on 01 May 2016.
On day 2 of BlizzCon, we sat down with the devs of Overwatch to discuss the highly-anticipated shooter. We spoke to Senior Game Designer Michael Chu (story and worldbuilding) and Senior Designer Jeremy Craig (system design and user experience).
Read more of Jean Prior's Overwatch: Blizzcon 2015 Wrap Report with Michael Chu & Jeremy Craig.
The Korean version of Black Desert Online (via Black Desert Foundry) is going to be updating on November 19th that will allow Sorceresses attaining level 56 to "awaken" a new weapon, in this case the Harbinger of Death scythe. To show off its awesomeness, Daum released a trailer. Check it out!
Thanks to Leiloni for the tip!
A new and very frank note has been posted on the Neverwinter site that delves into a great deal of the history of the Astral Diamond market along with attendant admission that the system has not been scrutinized as regularly, or as thoroughly, as it should have been.
Comparing issues between PC and XBox One versions, Cryptic Studios has been able to identify several key factors that will be altered or included once the Underdark module is released later this fall.
Here are the changes that will be going live on PC for Underdark on November 17 and in the near future for Xbox One. These are changes that increase earn rates and decrease prices on both platforms:
- +50% Astral Diamonds earned for gameplay-focused activities: dungeons, skirmishes, PvP, and the weekly quests mentioned in a prior post.
- This includes the base activity, the daily rewards, and the daily limits to what you can earn for these activities (the stuff that Rhix talks about).
- An increase to the daily AD refinement cap from 24,000 to 36,000.
- Companion price reductions: we know companions can get pretty expensive. We think it’s fun to have several, though, and we want that to be viable. We also want you to be able to upgrade (increase the quality of) a specific companion if you love your pet, not just discard it for some other purple — right now that’s so expensive it’s not very practical. We think it’s OK for it to be a little more expensive to upgrade a specific companion. But it shouldn’t be ridiculously more expensive than buying a brand-new companion (of the upgraded color). With that in mind, we’re making some changes:
- Lower prices for the Wondrous Bazaar companions. These blue companions used to cost 650,000 – 800,000 AD; they now all cost 400,000 AD.
- Significantly lower costs to upgrading a companion at the lower qualities:
- White to Green: was 300,000 AD, now 50,000 AD
- Green to Blue: was 500,000 AD, now 250,000 AD
- Blue to Purple: was 750,000 AD, now 500,000 AD
- Purple to Orange is staying the same (1,000,000 AD).
- Exploit fix: There was a severe AD-farming exploit involving Planar Idols and Astral Resonators (items that appear in certain older lockboxes). Earlier attempts to fix them did not work. So we’ve changed how they work completely — they still give the same amount of AD to anyone using them without the exploit, but the exploit should no longer be possible.
Read the lengthy and informative post on the Neverwinter site.
Chronicles of Elyria pushes the envelope with an innovative technology system - one that lets players set the direction of research, leveraging guilds and existing crafting mechanics to add brand new technology to the world.
Read more of Jeromy Walsh's Chronicles of Elyria: Technology & Research.
Defiance players will be pleased to hear about the return of the annual Frontier Harvest. From now through November 30th, players can take part in special events and earn some new rewards including a special new pack.
The Frontier Pioneer Pack Includes
- Turkey spawning “NFH-15 Invader”
- E-Rep Seabee outfit and headgear
- Raptor “Mayflower” vehicle
- 30-day Patron Pass
- “Frontier Pioneer” title
Find out more by reading the Defiance lore article about Frontier Harvest.
Activision Blizzard is once again holding the news headlines hostage, between Black Ops 3, WoW subscriber news, the latest expansion, Hearthstone, Overwatch, the film studio, the Warcraft film, Blizzcon, and of course the quarterly finance releases you all love to pour over, but what is really turning heads and inspiring groans from the Blizzard base is the news that the developer publisher is acquiring King, a company whose titles (including Candy Crush) are sure to be in every hardcore gamer's library.
Read more of Connor Wack's Activision-Blizzard Once Again Holding News Headlines Hostage.
Just in time for today's eleventh anniversary, World of Warcraft players can now legitimately spam trade chat with the arrival of a new limited-use toy that transforms any weapon into (an inflatable) THUNDERFURY, BLESSED BLADE OF THE WINDSEEKER! Not only that, but everyone donning the transformation will get a Feat of Strength achievement called "Did Someone Say...?"
Other goodies include an Edwin VanCleef Exquisite Costume with 50 charges, a pair of celebration wands to transform friends into Gnolls or Murlocs and a celebration package with an 11% experience/reputation boost.
Thanks, WoWHead, for the report!
The Blade & Soul team has announced that this week's class spotlight will be shining on the Force Master that comes along with a new introductory video, a look at some of the class skills, a brand new wallpaper and more. In addition, fans wanting to get a look at the Force Master in action can check out a special Twitch presentation on Thursday, November 19th at 4:00 pm Pacific / 7:00 pm Eastern.
Read more on the Blade & Soul site.
In other news, TenCent announced that the Korean version of Blade & Soul will be getting a large update in December that will include, among other things, a new class called the Force Kungfu Master, a close combat specialist with a lantern in one hand and a "fighting glove" on the other.
You can read more about the new class at 2P.com.
Greetings Crusaders, long time no see. We've been really busy killing Traitors in the Eternal Crusade Alpha test. Recently we had a chance to chat with Nathan Richardsson about that same Alpha test, and ask a few questions about the future of the game.
The latest development update has been posted on the Star Citizen site that gives backers and fans a look at what the various teams have been doing. According to the post, the first-person universe will be something that has not been done before in the history of video games" and that goal doesn't always go as smoothly as envisioned, often times requiring a bit more time under the hood to reach the ultimate goal. Case in point is the Lead FPS Programmer suffered a broken wrist and is out of commission for a week or two.
While clearly set back a bit, the team has made some improvements and additions to the game:
The new ship UI screens we posted footage were very warmly received last week which is exactly the kind of feedback that really gets a buzz around the office and makes our community such a great group of people to work for. We are never totally sure on how something will be received until it’s out there so that was certainly a good way to dip our toe in the water with this one to check the temperature with you guys. We have now finished up the last of the gameplay code hooks so that is in full test now to make sure that clicking all of those buttons will actually do something! Please note that the sections that are labelled as “System Offline” in the video will not be functional in this release but will be coming in subsequent patches as we iterate on it.
Head over to the Star Citizen site to check out the full letter and list of works-in-progress.
During Blizzcon 2015 earlier this month, World of Warcraft: Legion took front and center during the festivities. For the first time since the expansion was announced in August, fans and players alike finally got to hear more details about Legion and what it means to the game millions around the world still adore.
Read more of Suzie Ford's The List: 5 Great Things & One 'Oh Really' Moment Straight From Blizzcon 2015.
Obsidian Entertainment has announced that the next expansion to Pillars of Eternity will be launching in late January 2016. Called The White March – Part 2, the expansion brings to a close the storyline started in part one and includes new quests, abilities and a new Barbarian companion named Meneha. Players can also look forward to an increased level cap and something called "Story Time mode" that progresses the epic tale at a faster pace.
Read more about The White March -- Part 2 on the Pillars of Eternity forum.
Recently we had the chance to sit down and chat with three EverQuest developers, just before both the original EQ and its sequel are to receive their 22nd and 12th expansions. We have a full week of features on EQ planned, but today we wanted to ask each developer what they love most about the storied franchise. Here’s what Holly Longdale (Executive Producer), Jonathan Caraker (Lead Designer) and Alan VanCuvering (Assistant Lead Designer) had to say.
Read more of Bill Murphy's The Best Things About EverQuest From the People Who Made It.
TenCent is taking the wraps off of the Lost Ark MMO that is in development, both with a new trailer and a brand new site.
Lost Ark is an action-MMO similar in some ways to Diablo III but in an open world. Players can own land, play as any one of eighteen classes, take part in PvP battles and more.
TenCent has said that a western version of Lost Ark may be coming but only after the final Korean release in 2015.
Check out the Lost Ark site and trailer for more information.
According to Gamespot, there is a potentially game-ending bug in a Fallout 4 quest line that takes players to Mosignor Plaza. Traveling to the location causes a desktop crash and pops up an error message. The bug has been reported on all available platforms (XBox One, PlayStation 4 and PC).
See an apparent work around in action in the video below.
Steparu is reporting that the Korean version of Tree of Savior will launch with fifty-three playable classes, nine more than the current forty-four. In addition, each class will feature seven distinct ranks.
Check out the full report at the link above.