Lawbreakers has officially been revealed by Nexon America, Cliff Bleszinski and Boss Key Productions. Essentially, the game centers around gangs, guns and gravity. The world is zero-gravity with gameplay all taking place in the air because being on the ground is a bad thing. It's law vs breakers all based on gravity alongside characters and abilities.
Find out more during the live stream going on now and by visiting the Lawbreakers site.
Right before Gamescon we received word that BIGMOON, creators of Trapped Dead: Lockdown, were working on a new RPG Demons Age. Read on to find out what Paulo Gomes CEO of BIGMOON had to say about the world of Demons Age, party dynamics, and what they consider to be their core gamer.
Read more of Rob Lashley's Demons Age: A New RPG from Bigmoon.
Secret Wars is the latest update to be applied to NetMarble's Android / iOS mobile ARPG, Marvel Future Fight. Secret Wars brings a number of new costume options as well as three members from the Secret Wars universe to comprise the Secret Wars: A-Team.
Additional exciting gameplay features in this brand new Secret Wars update include:
- New Characters: Three brand new characters from Secret Wars: A-Force will be introduced – Sister Grimm, Singularity, and She-Hulk
- New Uniforms: Brand new uniforms inspired by popular Marvel Secret Wars comics
- New Event “Battleworld”: Event PvP mode that determines the best of the best – with up to 5 different heroes on a roster, Battleworld features a fierce 2 vs 2 relay tag battle
- Comic Cover Collection: Collect and complete Marvel Secret Wars comic cover pieces. Players who collect and compete a full cover will receive hero skill level increases
- New Villain Siege Mode Features: Five brand new stages for Villain Siege, rebalancing level design, new Villain Siege rewards
- Various Improvement and Bug Fixes
Find out more about Marvel Future Fight on Google Play.
Larian Studios has announced the commencement of the Divinity: Original Sin 2 KickStarter initiative. The team is hoping to raise $500,000 to create the sequel to one of the most successful RPGs in recent years.
A couple of quick facts about the game:
- Divinity: Original Sin 2 is a single- and multiplayer top-down, party-based role-playing game with pen & paper RPG-like levels of freedom.It features turn-based combat, a strong focus on systematic gameplay and a well-grounded narrative.
- Divinity: Original Sin 2 is the sequel to the critically acclaimed Divinity: Original Sin, winner of over 150 Game of the Year awards and nominations. Winner of GameSpot’s “PC Game of The Year 2014”.
- Divinity: Original Sin 2 is currently in development for PC in English. Subtitles will be available in German, French, and Russian. Other platforms and languages may be announced at a later stage, once development is more advanced.
Find out more on the Divinity: Original Sin 2 KS page.
Bethesda and GoG.com have announced that a trio of Elder Scrolls titles and three Fallout games have landed on the gaming platform. All are DRM-free and come in at a nice price. Bethesda's Doom titles have also been released to GoG.
The Elder Scrolls series (DRM-free)| Purchase all three games to receive a 33% discount.
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Game of the Year Edition
- The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard
- The Elder Scrolls: Battlespire
The Fallout series returns DRM-free | Purchase all three games to receive a 66% discount.
- Fallout 2
- Fallout Tactics
Check it out at GoG.com.
With Skyforge firmly in retail release and the first major update, Crucible of the Gods, already deployed, we reached out to Obsidian's Eric DeMilt to talk more about Crucible, what it brings to the game, the part feedback played in some of the design decisions and much more.
Read more of Bill Murphy's Skyforge: Running with the Gods in Crucible.
Funcom, in the midst of financial distress, has announced a new single-player horror game called The Park. According to the announcement, The Park will be out in October of this year. The Park is an adventure in a new genre with Funcom having been focused on MMOs for years.
Amusement parks are happy places, filled with the innocent joys of childhood and the exhilarating rush of hair-raising, but safe adventure. Balloons, cotton candy and fantastic rides to be dared. Perhaps that is how Lorraine pictured it too when she brought her son Callum to one... just before it descended into the most terrifying nightmare of her life.
The Park is a single-player horror experience developed by Funcom, set against the backdrop of an amusement park where a dark and sinister secret is just waiting to be uncovered. It will be released for PC in October 2015.
Check out The Park site for more information.
Carbine's Brianna Schneider, Lead Game Designer, has penned the latest 'Deep Dive' on the WildStar site. This week's topic is the new player experience and, as the title indicates, making the early game more accessible.
Based on feedback over the course of WildStar's first year, the team received a lot of feedback about the steep learning curve for new players. As a result, several key changes are being implemented as WildStar heads for free to play later this year.
Among the incoming updates players can expect are:
- Make character creation easier and more intuitive with a new look and flow.
- Offer three starting options based on your level of experience with WildStar so you only play as much of the tutorial as you need.
- Make changes to arkship layout and content to reduce the risk of getting lost and keep you moving in the right direction.
- Revisit the rollout of tutorials in the first ten levels so you’re getting the most important lessons at the right times.
- Add new effects and animation to draw attention to tutorials players were easily missing.
The blog takes each of those bullet points and expands on them, so be sure to swing by the WildStar site to check it out.
What about you? Did you play WildStar in its first year? Did you find the new player experience difficult? Let us know!
CCP has announced that the Galatea update to EVE Online is now available for players. Galatea starts off with a bang stemming from the assassination of Empress Jamyl Sarum of the Amarr Empire. In addition to the fallout from this event, the team has revealed several more important facets of Galatea.
- The EVE team remains committed to evolving the Sovereignty system introduced in the Aegis release. Changes include reducing the base capture time of Command nodes, giving defenders 60% control at the beginning of a capture event, reducing the cap on total nodes and the spawn rate of new ones, and replacing the Entosis Link mass penalty with a 4000 m/s speed limit when fitted.
- Updated animations and effects for many combat and support modules, including the devastating Doomsday weapons
- The first Designer SKINs have come to New Eden with the blood red “Raata Sunset” line for Caldari ships. More bold new styles will be coming in the following weeks and months.
- A more satisfying killshot: the camera will now linger over the ship you just reduced to scrap so you can enjoy your victory just that much more
- The iconic workhorse of the Gallente Federation, the Dominix, went back to the shipyards for a redesign which evolves its original utilitarian design into a truly inspiring battleship
Read the full patch notes on the EVE Online site.
WildStar seemed to quickly fall out of favour after its launch last year, but suddenly the game is once again a hot topic for MMO bloggers. Are there second acts in the lifecycle of an MMO?
Read more of Jessica Cook's Tales from the Neighborhood: The Second Act of MMOs.
Blizzard has announced that the Americas servers have been patched with the massive v2.3.0 update for Diablo 3 is now live. The patch brings a new adventure mode area called Ruins of Sescheron, new gear, the Kanai's Cube, class updates and the new "season journey".
- Extract Legendary Power: Destroy an item to add its Legendary power to your catalogue of collected powers. Once a power has been extracted, it can be equipped to your character without the need to equip the item. Players may have one Weapon, one Armor, and one Jewelry power equipped at a time. Players may only equip powers from items that their characters can normally equip and use.
- Reforge a Legendary Item: Completely re-rolls a Legendary item as though it had dropped for the first time. This includes any powers that may have been previously enchanted on the item. Note that reforged items may re-roll as either Ancient or non-Ancient, so reforge at your own discretion!
- Upgrade Rare Item: Upgrades the quality of a level 70 Rare item to Legendary. This item will roll as a randomized Legendary that shares that item's equipment type.
- Convert Set Item: Converts a Set item to a randomized piece of gear from the same Set. For example, if you convert a pair of Asheara's Finders, you could get Asheara's Custodian, Asheara's Pace, or Asheara's Ward in return.
- Remove Level Requirement: Removes the level requirement from an item, allowing it to be equipped by a character of any level.
- Convert Gems: Converts 9 of any color gem to 9 of any other color.
- Convert Crafting Materials: Converts 100 normal, magic, or rare Crafting Materials to 100 of another type of non-legendary Crafting Material
The full update notes have been published on the Diablo 3 site as well as an overview video that you can check out below.
From now through September 15th, ArcheAge will be celebrating its first anniversary since its Trion launch of the game. Through that time, players logging in on a daily basis will receive special packages containing party favors, weapon skins and more.
- Anniversary Quests: Complete the day’s quest and you’ll receive Anniversary Tokens that can be exchanged for awesome prizes (like Anniversary hats and epic weapon skins) at the Anniversary Token Exchange Machine on Mirage Isle.
- Anniversary Love Tree Sapling: When planted on public land or personal property, this tree grows into an Anniversary Tree in 30 minutes. Harvest it up to 3 times a day and get Anniversary Love Boxes that could contain anything from loyalty tokens to Superior Red Regrade charms!
Check out the ArcheAge site for more information.
Ultima fans, rejoice! If you’ve been only lukewarm on the skills system in Shroud of the Avatar, and you really wished they’d go back to something more use-based, this is your update. You’ll find a skill system overhaul in this month’s release. Plus, I’m going to brag a little on their community again.
Read more of Red Thomas's Shroud of the Avatar: Release 21 - Victa Ultima.
Fortnite alpha testers will want to check out the game after the deployment of today's large new update. Additionally, alpha servers will now be open 24/7 for players to get in and help the team with bug squishing and feedback.
Players can look forward to:
The Destiny team will be on hand in the official Twitch channel on Wednesday, August 26th to show off a brand new strike coming to the game with the launch of the Taken King expansion. You can take part in the stream at 11:00 am Pacific / 2:00 pm Eastern.
Check out the trailer below for a sneak peek of what will be shown.
Pure Bang Games has sent word that its MUD sandbox MMO has officially launched its KickStarter campaign. In the works for over a year, and already Steam Greenlit, Pure Bang is looking to raise $65K to complete development.
MUD is an open-world exploration and survival game, inspired by old school M.U.D.s and recent sandbox games. MUD lets you jump into a world with friends and strangers to forge a community, kill epic monsters, craft cool gear, build towns, and fight other players in a completely destructible world.
You can find out more on the MUD KickStarter page.
In a genre built upon innovation and refinement of core ideas, EVE Online stands alone as an almost entirely unique game. While most other games tend to follow a logical progression of innovation, where playing the predecessor equips you for playing the successor, there really isn't much of an analogue for EVE Online. For one, this makes learning how to play an incredibly trying time. Without a doubt, EVE's biggest challenge is getting its players to survive their first few hours within the game.
Read more of Steven Messner's EVE Online: Chronicles of New Eden - Everybody's Got to Start Somewhere.
Pillars of Eternity, as you might remember from our original review, is an excellent CRPG that hearkens back to the days of Black Isle’s best games. With staff from said revered studio and with Obsidian being veteran of the RPG genre, it only makes sense that PoE was so widely anticipated and adored. But can the studio continue the magic with its first major expansion, The White March?
Read more of Bill Murphy's Pillars of Eternity: The White March Part 1 Review.
Obsidian Entertainment has announced that the first expansion to Pillars of Eternity has been launched. The White March Part 1 takes place in the midst of the core story, though players can take part even if the original story has been completed. Taking place in a location inspired by Icewind Dale, players will have new quests to venture forth on and new companions at their side.
White March expands the story and experience of the original game, adding new locations, quests, and companions to the world of Eora, as well as new gameplay features such as multi-class abilities, soulbound weapons, and a higher level cap, allowing players new ways to play in all areas of the game. The White March: Part I is available today as an add-on to Pillars of Eternity for Windows, Mac, and Linux PC for $14.99. A bundle with Parts I and II is available for $24.99, which will grant owners the second installment immediately upon its release.
Find out more on the Pillars of Eternity site.
Under Hartsman's leadership, Trion Worlds has successfully transitioned from a packaged goods company to developing and publishing strictly digital and free-to-play games. Today, Trion Worlds operates a growing catalog of first-party and third-party MMOs, including Rift, Defiance, and Trove, as well as ArcheAge from XLGames and the recently announced Devilian from Bluehole Ginno.
Read more of Morgan Ramsay's Scott Hartsman on All Things Trion.