Reto-Moto has announced that the latest update to Heroes & Generals has been deployed. Called "Young" after US Brigadier-General Russel Young, the patch brings a new game mode, several new weapons, vehicle camouflage and a new light vehicle transport for German forces into the game.
With the new ‘Encounter’ game mode, the players are thrown into fast-paced infantry-only battles. On a small map without distractions from tanks and airplanes, the player has an opportunity to truly familiarize himself with his rifle. The goal is to capture and hold a single objective and this game mode arrives with a brand new map called ‘Depot’. This map provides a bloody fight through trenches to take and hold a fortified train depot in the woods.
Read the full press release on the Heroes & Generals site.
Rich Lambert has taken to the Elder Scrolls Online forums to let players know that Veteran Ranks are in the planning stages to be removed from the game. He does, however, say that the team is not quite ready to speak to how precisely things will change as it is still in the early, non-finalized stages of planning.
A little context here before this gets too out of hand…
- We’re still working on the system – nothing is finalized. (which is why we’re not really talking much about it yet)
- The intention is that once you hit 50, champion points take over. Veteran Ranks are completely removed.
- When Veteran Ranks are removed, we will convert any Veteran Ranks on your highest character into CP.
- To get a rough idea of balance - think of 10CP = 1 VR. (so 160 CP will roughly = VR16)
- We’re planning on giving 2.5 CP for every VR level you’ve earned on your highest level character. (40 for a VR16 character)
- When the conversion happens, any player with CP less than their old veteran rank * 10 will instead be given enough CP such that their total is VR * 10. For example: A player is VR14 with 75 CP, they will be given 65 CP (140-75) instead of 40, so that they can still equip any gear they may have.
- We will make sure the 16 attribute picks you got from VR1 to VR16 will carry over. (current plan is an achievement that goes up in 10 CP increments until 160)
Keep in mind that none of the stuff above is 100% locked in. We're still implementing the feature - things are subject to change. It's important that everyone understands they are not suddenly going to have to have 501 CP in order to equip the top level gear. We will introduce new gear, with higher CP requirements sometime in the future, but we won't be making huge jumps. (i.e. - we won't go from 160 to 400 suddenly)
Once we finalize the system and lock in more of the details, we will discuss things in more detail and answer questions.
Read the full discussion on the Elder Scrolls Online forum.
We're wrapping up EverQuest week with a look at the most interesting characters players can look forward to meeting in the EverQuest II expansion, Terrors of Thalumbra.
Read more of our exclusive developer diary, EverQuest II: Most Interesting Characters you'll Meet in the Terrors of Thalumbra.
MMORPG.com has been given special gift keys for Kanpani Girls. This key unlocks the special character Ann, a powerful cleric who will join your company and ensure your warriors live to see the end of a battle. Keep her to the rear of your forces and unleash her healing powers whenever an employee begins to falter. Get your free gift key now!
As part of a live stream event earlier today, Chris Roberts announced that the v2.0 beta for Star Citizen first person shooter module will be entering its first phase of beta testing with invites going out over the next several weeks.
In addition, Roberts spoke about what players can look forward to in v2.0:
You can listen to the entire three hour presentation, as well as get a look at in-game development footage, on the Star Citizen Twitch channel archive.
Tonight at 5pm PST / 8pm EST, our own Bill Murphy will be live on YouTube and Twitch channels with Evan Berman and Andrew Sipotz from the Trion Devilian team. The plan is to check out the new PVP content in the closed beta, and talk about the game's plans going into launch.
Be sure to check into the MMORPG.com Stream page to see how it goes...or go into game, look for Bill and pwn him. Your choice.
One of the challenges of working on an MMO as long lasting as the EverQuest franchise is decisions made today may still be having effects to the game 10 years down the line. And with a total of 53 game programmers who’ve worked on EQ2 so far, there have been many different cooks adding ingredients to the codebase that’s the heart of the game.
Read more of our exclusive developer diary, EverQuest 2: Legacy of the Baby Dragon.
Lucky closed beta key holders will want to check into Devilian as today marks the beginning of the final weekend event. Scheduled to run from today through Monday, players will have an opportunity to check out the newly overhauled PvP mechanics and the new Shadowhunter class.
PvP will be happening in several different ways:
The latest issue of PC Gamer magazine has hit the stands with none other than Mark Hamill gracing the cover in his Star Citizen role of Lt. Commander Steve 'Old Man' Colton. The PC Gamer team has posted a great video showing the motion capture that Hamill underwent for his role. In addition, Hamill speaks to his role in the game, in Star Wars and much more. It's a fantastic fifteen minute look at a beloved star of movies and games.
Wargaming is inviting PlayStation 4 owners to come check out World of Tanks on December 4th through December 6th during a special open beta event. Players will earn some exclusive rewards for taking part including a special PlayStation 20th Anniversary M22 Locust, special camouflage and more.
World of Tanks on PlayStation 4 continues Wargaming’s multi-platform expansion by delivering an array of new features to the battlefield. The game will support key platform features including complete DUALSHOCK 4 functionality, Share Play and PlayStation Vita Remote Play, along with optimized controls designed to elevate the handheld experience. Two limited time exclusive maps will also be making their PlayStation 4 debut during Beta: “Ruinberg”, and “Scorpion Pass”, the largest World of Tanks map to date.
Find out more about the PS4 open beta event on the World of Tanks site.
Hearthstone players have had a week to get going with the new expansion, League of Explorers. With the first wing behind them, Americas region players can now log into the game to try their literal and figurative hands at Uldaman, wing two of League of Explorers.
Uldaman features three bosses, Chieftain Scarvash, Mine Cart and Archaedas. Defeat the three and score a pair of awesome cards, Brann Bronzebeard and Excavated Evil.
Read more about League of Explorers: Uldaman wing on the Hearthstone site.
Nvidia is taking on the challenges of bringing virtual reality with streamlined processing power to gamers everywhere. As part of the forward vision, Nvidia has launched both GameWorks VR and DesignWorks VR that are already being included in future games by Epic Games and others.
For game and application developers, the GameWorks VR SDK includes:
- Multi-Res Shading—an innovative rendering technique for VR in which each part of an image is rendered at a resolution that best matches the pixel density of the warped image required by the headset. It uses the NVIDIA Maxwell™ chip architecture’s multi-projection capability to render multiple-scaled viewports in a single pass, delivering substantial performance improvements.
- For developers of professional VR applications in markets such as manufacturing, media and entertainment, oil and gas, and medical imaging, NVIDIA DesignWorks VR builds on the core GameWorks VR SDK with the addition of powerful tools
Find out more about GameWorks VR and DesignWorks VR at the links above.
iam8bit and ArenaNet have revealed a pair of must-haves for the Guild Wars 2 player in your life. Starting on Friday, November 20th, both a Quaggan plushie and a smart looking Quaggan sweatshirt (available in festive red and green) will be available for purchase through iam8bit.com. The sweatshirt runs $34.00, while the plush is $30 in a limited edition of only 300 available.
Be sure to check into the iam8bit.com site tomorrow and have a very Merry Quaggan this winter!
As part of my trip to South Korea, where I spent tons of time with Blade and Soul, learning about NCsoft, and a brief demo of a new NCsoft game that will be making the jump to the West, the big focus was undoubtedly on the healthy eSports scene that Blade and Soul has carved out for itself since it launched in the East four years prior. And now, after four years of building momentum, that scene is about to crack wide open as western audiences are allowed to compete.
Read more of Steven Messner's Blade & Soul: Does It Have What It Takes to be the Next Big eSport?
Square Enix has announced that Dragon Quest Heroes: Slime Edition will be officially launching for PC on December 3, 2015. The Slime Edition features eleven additional weapons and two bonus maps along with Steam achievements and badges.
- Overpower Hundreds of Monsters – Swing into action against seemingly impossible odds and become the hero of the battlefield. Cleave through relentless swarms of monsters and fight against gigantic foes in an epic clash of good versus evil.
- Fight Alongside Legendary Characters – Players can embark on a journey with some of the most beloved characters of the DRAGON QUEST series – all voiced – to form their own party of four and stride into battle. From the sultry Maya of DRAGON QUEST IV fame to Yangus, the thief with a heart of gold from DRAGON QUEST VIII, the player’s party will always be full of character.
- Strategy-Oriented Battles – Players can level up each character and upgrade their unique spells and abilities. Swapping between characters strategically and unleashing the right skill at the right time will help players survive the toughest battles.
- Collect Monster Medals to Turn the Tide – Gather monster medals from defeated foes to bring them back to the battlefield as allies or to take advantage of their special skills. Up to 24 monsters can fight by the player’s side at any one time.
- Legendary Trio of Creators – The title comes to life in beautiful high-definition graphics for PC with a host of distinctive characters and monsters designed by world-renowned artist Akira Toriyama. Both Yuji Horii, director and creator of DRAGON QUEST, and Koichi Sugiyama, the composer closely tied to the series since its first installment and creator of countless memorable musical masterpieces, are working on this full-scale action RPG.
Find out more about Dragon Quest Heroes: Slime Edition on its official Steam page.
Cabal Online will be undergoing a massive update today that will bring new ways to PvP with other players. Included in the "Art of War" update, players will find new areas and dungeons with "elite difficulty" as well as a new PvP battle arena to prove prowess in battle.
You can learn more about the Art of War on the Cabal Online site.
During a recent preview event, we had the opportunity to both preview the new Brawler class coming with next month's TERA update, Knockout, and a chance to talk to Patrick Sun and the TERA team from En Masse about the update and what it means for the game.
Read more of Garrett Fuller's and Suzie Ford's TERA: The Brawler is a Knockout, But Not in the Way You Think.
JRPGs are not just limited to consoles, PCs, and handheld gaming devices. Kobojo has created an original JRPG Zodiac: Orcanon Odyssey and released it for mobile phones. But how does it compare to the titans of the age-old genre?
Read more of Rob Lashley's Zodiac: A JRPG Fix on the Go.
A game is assuredly a success when it makes Fortune magazine. In an article posted the other day, it was revealed that Bethesda and the Fallout 4 team raked in $750M in day one sales. That translates to 12M copies sold in the first 24-hours.
“Its popularity seems to come from an odd blend of narrative and action,” van Dreunen says. “As the franchise has grown more mature over the years, it has inevitably attracted a larger player base, but its popularity among livestreamers on Twitch and YouTube has further accelerated its momentum.”
Read the full analysis of the astronomical sales figures at the link above.
In the latest ARK: Survival Evolved digest posted to the game's Steam page, the team announced that the XBox One release is "imminent". There is no word on other console versions, but this is pretty exciting news!
Read the full digest, including an AMA, on the ARK: Survival Evolved Steam page.