It is with mixed emotions that today we are announcing the EA-Land experiment will soon draw to a close. Since 2002, EA-Land / TSO has attracted a very special group of players (of which you are one) and we certainly appreciate your participation in the EA-Land community. The lifetime of the game has drawn to an end, and now we will be focusing on new ideas and other innovative concepts in the games arena. We’d like to thank everyone who has taken part in this online community as a unique experience in the virtual world.
Below are some facts about how the site and service will be closed. Please see also a special message from the team that maintained EA-Land, to the community that played it.
- On August 1, 2008, the game EA-Land / TSO will no longer be in service and EA will focus these resources on future games
- Your subscription billing will end now, so that at least 60 days of your EA-Land experience will be at no cost to you
- You may cancel your account and subscription at any time by contacting customer service or by managing your EA account online. To do this, you must log on to EA-Land / TSO to cancel within the game
- Starting immediately PayPal cash-in will not be available anymore
- EA Customer Support at support.ea.com is available to help answer any questions you might have regarding your account
If you are a paying subscriber as of April 29th 2008, EA would like to offer you one of the following two gifts as a token of our appreciation:
- $15 off any game at the EA Store at www.eastore.ea.com, or
- Three months of Club POGO(tm) Subscription Time
Paying subscribers please insure your email contact information is up to date as details of this offer will be sent out to you within 30 days.
Again, thanks you to all of you.