Kal Online has announced update scenario 3-1.
This is Kalonline.
We are so pleased to announce that Kalonline updated scenario 3-1 (Destructing key points), which is a part of scenario 3 consisting of 'Destructing Key Points', 'Protecting Leader', 'Suffering Valley'., which is a Battle for attacking the enemy's key points effectively and defending our key points.
Players can enjoy this system during specific time as below.
Battle Progressing Time (Korean Local time)
- Time for Registering Guild : Every SUN/TUE/THU 0:00 ~ 23:59
- Announcing the Selected Guilds : Every MON/WED/FRI 0:00 ~ 1:00
- Applying the Member of Participation : Every MON/WED/FRI 1:00 ~ 19:00
- Time of Battle : Every MON/WED/FRI 20:00 ~ 21:00
Read more here.
Always outspoken, Dan Fortier returns to MMORPG.com with his MMOWTF column. Today, he's handing out his awards for the best of the worst of 2006.
Welcome back to the 2006 MMOWTF Awards. Despite threats and plummeting approval ratings, I'm still your host for this weekly jaunt into forbidden territory. This week, we tally up all the votes that you placed and give out some punk cards to the losers in each category. I painstakingly counted each and every post/ballot and finished a mere couple of hours before the forums were the victim of a database failure. Each of the categories will show the game you voted for followed by my choice. Now without further ado, let's see how you voted:
Read the column here.
Sigil Entertainment's Nick Parkinson returns today with part two of his four part series that answers the question: "So You Want to be an MMO Developer". This week, he looks aat that question from the Programmer's point of view.
Most development studios work with C++ and maybe some C#. Fortunately, more and more schools (high schools included) are offering beginner courses in various forms of computer programming, C++ included. Take those, see if you like it - it'll be challenging but if you enjoy it keep going. If you find yourself not liking it at all, it's probably best to focus on some other area of development as it's only going to get more intense. advertisement
Read the whole article here.
Xiah has announced that they have launched their commercial service where players willbe able to buy certain in-game items.
San Jose, CA December 19th, 2006 - Xiah announced today that it was launching the commercial service of Xiah. This launch means that players can now purchase in-game items that were previously unavailable or difficult to acquire in the game. These items can help improve a player's game play.
The items that are now available at the item mall are:
- Clean Water (Large)
- Selling Tag
- Mana Pill (Large)
- Curing Potion (Large)
- Dragon Bone Elixir (Large)
- Eternal Life (Large)
- Mana Pill (Medium)
- Curing Potion (Medium)
- Yao Hammer
- Web Hammer
- Ju Hammer
- Stamp Hammer
- Heaven Hammer
- Dragon Hammer
- Ice Crystal of Life
- Ice Crystal of Accuracy
- Ice Crystal of Defense
- Ice Crystal of Attack
- Large Hornpipe
- Small Hornpipe
The model of free-to-play has not changed for Xiah. The addition of the Item Mall is simply a new feature for players that would like to purchase items that were not previously available or items that are available in the game, but are difficult to acquire in-game. Players buy items in the Item Mall with CyberCash. In-game currency, also known as Cybercash, can be purchased on the Xiah website.
"We have had many players who have been eagerly awaiting this service. It gives players more of a choice about how to acquire certain items", said Kevin Kim, CEO of OnNet USA, publisher of Xiah.
Read more here.
Our European readers may find it interesting that Codemasters, the company repsonsible for the European version of Turbine's Dungeons and Dragons Online: Stormreach, have announced a €10,000 Treasure Hunt Giveaway. As the name implies though, it's only open to Euro players.
Codemasters Online Gaming is running a HUGE promotion with the spectacular MMO Dungeons & Dragons Online throughout Europe! There's a €10,000 Treasure Hunt Giveaway where players can win real world cash prizes for finding hidden items within the game world!
This is the largest promotion of this kind ever run by Codemasters Online Gaming and we want to offer your site additional value to your existing customers/readers. The competition will run over the next 90 days and is fully open to both existing players, new players, and free trialists. PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A EUROPEAN EVENT ONLY AND THEREFORE ONLY OPEN TO EUROPEAN PLAYERS.
We can offer your site 10 Day FREE trial keys to your subscribers/readers and feel this is a terrific value add opportunity.
Read more here.
On Friday, the folks over at The Chronicles of Spellborn announced that they would be holding a Christmas competition that asks players to send in something that combines the game with Christmas.
The contest is really simple. What we want you to do is send us something that represents Spellborn and Christmas. In other words, come up with an idea that revolves around Spellborn and Christmas in any way you want.
You can use everything that you find appropriate as a mean of communication. This can be a written submission, like a poem or a story, but it can also be a musical composition, an MP3 or something entirely different. Of course it's also possible to submit an image, photo or movie created or enhanced using specific software. What it all boils down to is that you may pretty much use anything you want as long as its not bigger then 4 Mb. Should your creation be bigger, please provide us with a URL linking to it.
Send your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org on December 31st at the latest. And don't forget to include your forum nickname in the mail.
Out of all the submissions we will select the three best entries and reward them each with a very exclusive TCoS poster.
So now it's up to you! Get those submissions going! You can submit as much creations as you like, just as long as you keep in mind that you'll be rewarded one prize only (if you happen to be one of the winners).
We're very looking forward to checking all of them!
As usual don't hesitate to drop by on the forums to check for more info or ask your questions!
Read more here.
On Thursday, News Editor Garrett Fuller took in a telephone Press Conference being held by EA Mythic for their upcoming MMORPG, Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning. He reports on what exactly Paul Barnett and Jeff Hickman had to say.
Being only a call, this press conference was a little different. Fortunately, Paul Barnett and Jeff Hickman gave us a wealth of knowledge and insight into Warhammer Online. Trying to follow Jeff's approach to the technical game mechanics and Paul's wild eyed views on Warhammer creates quite a journey. If there ever was an Abbott and Costello of the MMO world it is certainly Paul and Jeff. We also have to thank Eddiemae Jukes of Kohnke Communications for hosting and managing the call. No easy task when these two get talking about Warhammer. So let's get to the point, there's a W.A.R. brewing and I am not talking about some dwarven keg of new ale, I am talking about battles, killing, RvR, PvP, and the ability to cut off your opponent's head and stick it on your guild's banner!
Jeff Hickman is the Senior Producer of Warhammer Online at EA Mythic and the lead producer on the project. Many of the game play, interface, and mechanics questions were fielded by Jeff throughout the call. Paul Barnett is the Creative Director of W.A.R. and in his own words, "a waving monkey from the UK". Paul is here to spout Warhammer lore until the "Americans make my game." Paul was able to answer some great lore questions about the IP and how many elements will work into the game.
Read the article here.
EA Mythic is giving fans of their game, Dark Age of Camelot, notice that the Bossiney cluster will be going down for fixes on Tuesday form 8 AM to 4pm EST.
We're planning to take Bossiney down tomorrow, Tuesday, December 19 at 8:00 AM EST, to further fix the issues that cropped up on Saturday. We expect to have the cluster back up and running around 4:00 PM EST. We're really sorry for the inconvenience to our Bossiney players. Please check back here for updates, and thanks for your patience!
Read more here.
A power outage in the Seattle area over the weekend brought power down to the Flying Lab Software offices. at 8:50 am this morning, FLS announced that theyw ere back up and running.
Everyone will be pleased to learn that power has been restored and we are back in business. Many thanks for your patience and our best to those who weathered the storm with us.
Read more here.
Space Cowboy Online has released the notes to their most recent update:
This coming Tuesday (December 19), Space Cowboy Online (A free MMO/FPS), will be receiving a major update (Biggest one since the game launched!). The scale of this update is so fundamentally game changing that the player base refers to it as the ZOMG patch. Changes include:
New skills for all gears.
- A-Gear (Tank)
- Air Siege- Mode that increases damage output, weapon accuracy, and attack speed.
- Barrier- Temporary shield that blocks only missile attacks, while allowing standard fire to pass in and out of the barrier.
- Camouflage- Disguise your gear making it invisible to enemy pilots.
- Hyper Shot- A charged attack which when unleashed, not only damages your target, but any opponents within a radius of that target.
- Remedy- Recharges your shields over a period of time.
- Shield Paralyze- Targettable debuff that prevents enemy gears from naturally recovering their shields.
- B-Gear (Bomber)
- Air Bombing- Mode of missile fire that allows for air-to-air bombing attacks.
- Big Boom- Self-destruct ability, damaging all opponents within a certain radius.
- Chaffs- Defensive ability that increases a gears survivability.
- Invisibility- Cloaking ability that renders your gear invisible.
- I-Gear (Sniper)
- Berserker- Increases damage output greatly for a short period of time.
- Chain Rolling- Disables the cooldown between barrel rolls, allowing for
- Silence- Disables your opponents missile-lock warning, allowing for surprise long range attacks.
- M-Gear (Support)
- Elevation- Self-buff only. Increases damage output and accuracy of your weapon systems.
- Full Recovery- Fully recovers the HP and Shields of the designated Gear.
- Invincibility- Protects your gear with a shield for a short duration, preventing any attack from entering or exiting the shield.
- Purify- Purges one buff from your target.
- Scanning- Pulse the area around your gear, revealing any hidden enemies within a large radius.
Evolved Nation Wars
Strategic Point System
New strategic points are buildings that control the respawn of enemy zones. Through the destruction of these points, your faction can be granted the ability to respawn within enemy zones. Bonuses and rewards are also given for destroying and/or defending these points.
Redesigned Respawn System
Respawn has been normalized, meaning respawn is never random within a zone. You will always respawn to the warpgate which is closer to your factions home city. This should bring PvP, tactically, to new levels while also allowing for new Mothership battle strategies.
Leader System Changes
New Sub-Leader System
In order to take pressure off of nation leaders, we've brought a new system into play where the nation leader selects several "sub-leaders". These sub-leaders have access to basic leader commands, but are not given leader equipment nor nation buffs.
Christmas Tree and music added to town. Snowman monster added. Snowmen randomly appear all over the world, and possess high quality drops.
Christmas Event Items added.
- Rock's Nest Middle Layer has been added.
- New quests for mid-level players have been added.
- New weapon types.
- Many weapon tweaks and balance changes.
- Drop rates changed.
- New recipes for enchant cards.
- New components and ore types added.
- More safe channels added.
Read more on Space Coyboy here.
MMORPG.com is pleased to announce the release of the newest episode of Game/On, our weekly podcast.
This week, Garrett Fuller returns for a commentary episode of the Game/On podcast as he and Co-Host Jon Wood discuss Warhammer Online, World of Warcraft, Firefly, Fallout and more!
Listen to the podcast here.
The people at IGG, the company behind Myth War Online has announced a discount for players in the game's item mall.
To bring more happiness to you in the Christmas, more importantly, to return you the constant support that you've given us in the past half a year, we have held an overall discount in our item mall.
As the name "Double Big Surprises" has indicate, this overall discount consists of 2 parts-- firstly, all items are sold as special offers and the biggest discount goes up to 60%! Secondly, the popular power packs are sold at 88% of their original prices! Yes, they are all special offer in this season!
Besides, there is other good news for western union customers--if you buy Item Mall points with Western Union during this period of time, you will get an extra of 300 points for every 4000 (including 4000) points you purchase! Moreover, if you buy more than 8000 points through Western Union during the period of time, you will have the opportunities to join the lottery which will be held by official on Dec 26th, and the winner will be granted with a big Christmas present!
This unprecedented special offer season is right now very well-received and it will be held for a total 23 days. Just realized it? Don't worry! You've still got plenty of time to get your favorites :)
Read more here.
The developers at NCsoft's Lineage II have announced "massive holiday activities" that will be taking place between December 19th and January 2nd.
Lineage II Super Holidays
'Tis the Season
The Santa Claus guild trainees are back! The guild has dispatched young apprentices all over Aden to spread holiday cheer and offer blessings and gifts wherever they go.
During this event, monsters will drop an assortment of special items to make the season bright, including unique Echo Crystals that play holiday carols.
- Echo Crystal - 1st Carol: "Jingle Bells"
- Echo Crystal - 2nd Carol: "Joy to the World"
- Echo Crystal - 3rd Carol: "Jingle Bells"
- Echo Crystal - 4th Carol: "Deck the Halls"
- Echo Crystal - 5th Carol: "Deck the Halls"
- Echo Crystal - 6th Carol: "Jingle Bells"
- Echo Crystal - 7th Carol: "Auld Lang Syne"
- Echo Crystal - 8th Carol: "We Wish You a Merry Christmas"
- Echo Crystal - 9th Carol: "Deck the Halls"
- Echo Crystal - 10th Carol: "Joy to the World"
The monsters roaming Aden and Elmore are also carrying tree branches and ornaments that can be given to the Santa Trainee to create your own small Christmas tree.
To make your small Christmas tree, you will need 4 Star Ornaments, 4 Bead Ornaments, 10 Fir Tree Branches, and 1 Flower Pot.
Give the Santa Trainee 10 small Christmas trees and he will give you a special Christmas tree, which has a magical effect of increasing health and magic regeneration while under its branches. Special Christmas trees can be summoned anywhere, but you will not receive the magical effects of the tree if it is summoned inside peace zones.
This small guild of the Dwarven Village is led by a mysterious, yet jolly, Dwarf known only as Santa Claus. The apprentices managed to bring along a stock of Santa's Hats with them to the villages. However, they won't give up these hats easily! Collect 10 small Christmas trees and the Trainee will exchange them for a bright red Santa's Hat. This hat can only be worn during the holiday season, and cannot be dropped or exchanged.
The Santa Trainees in the starting villages also give holiday blessings. These buffs will help you in your hunt for both monsters and presents.
Read more here.
RF Online has unveiled a number of planned events for the Christmas season.
RF Online Christmas Events - The Queen of Winter
Over the Christmas period, the RF Online team will be holding a series of Christmas events (Santa Chooty has been Chooty-napped! (http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149103), which will lead up to the biggest, most brutal battle to grace the planet Novus. The Calliana Princess will be invading Sette with her army of Ether creatures on three separate occasions - can the three races unite and hold back the Princess and her army? Or will this be the end of Novus as we know it?
For more information on these events, please visit the RF Online In-game events page here! (http://www.rf-onlinegame.com/events.php?type=ingame)
Read more here.
Blizzard Entertainment's World of Warcraft has announced the availability of four new realms.
We are pleased to announce the opening of four new realms. These new realms will provide a great place for new and old players alike to begin fresh adventures within the world of Azeroth. Enjoy!
Name -> Type -> Time Zone -> Battlegroup
Misha -> PvE -> PST -> Whirlwind
Ravenholdt -> RP-PVP -> EST -> Whirlwind
Bladefist -> PvE -> PST -> Whirlwind
Maiev -> PvP -> PST -> Whirlwind
Read more here.
Scott Hartsman, the Senior Producer of Sony Online Entertainment's EverQuest II has released a Producer's Letter. in this letter, Hartsman tackles the current status of the game: Echoes of Faydwer, Play the Fae, Update 30 and more! As you might expect, the letter is too large for our humble newsroom. To read it all, follow the link below.
Once again, the holiday season is upon us. A brand new expansion has been released to much fanfare and the EQ2 developers are all nestled in for an extended, hard-earned winter's rest in hopes that the Gigglegibber Grump doesn't arrive to make too much trouble this year...
Wait, no. Sorry. That's fantasyland. We're still here hard at work, and it's been far too long since the last Producer's Letter.
For starters, thank you all very much for making Echoes of Faydwer our most successful expansion yet, by every means we have available to measure "success." For our part, we're thrilled that people think we did this fabled continent justice.
Since its release a month ago, Echoes has been the best-selling expansion to date. That's probably not too exciting for most people to hear, but it's also meant the most in terms of both new and returning users coming back onto the scene. That's where everyone wins. We've all seen guildies return and faces we haven't seen in a while suddenly show up to check out what all the excitement's about. And being able to spend time with old friends is very fitting for the season, on top of it. To all of you new and returning folks: Welcome! We're glad to have you.
If you have even more friends that you want to get into EQ2 with you, now's a perfect time for it with the launch of Play the Fae. Point 'em in that direction, have them make a new account, and they can be playing right beside you in Greater Faydark.
Read it all here.
EA Mythic's Dark Age of Camelot has released another of their weekly grab bags. Actually, it's the fifth anniversary edition. As usual, it's too lengthy t print here, but feel free to click on the link below to read it all!
Q: In the last week, I have been getting the 'Choose a Realm' menu when I log in from the server selection menu, even though I already have characters on Hibernia on the server I have logged into. At the same time, some of my 'Quick Entry' logins have stopped working. If I go to the server selection screen and then to the lobby it seems to work ok. Are these things related, and are you in the process of allowing character on all 3 realms on one account?
A: Yes. You're on the Devon cluster. I'm sorry for not posting this sooner; I genuinely didn't know you were getting this cool side effect when Akatsuki joined the family. You see, that's the deal - Akatsuki, being the only server in Japan, did not have any realm limitations. Players there always had access to all three realms, and now, so do players on Devon. You will have to log into your characters to create new Quick Entry logins. It's possible there are some bugs with Quick Entry and names in the clustering. Please appeal if you log into your characters, log out, and still don't see yourself on Quick Entry.
Q: Recently for a change I have started to play on the Gaheris server. It was nice to see how several of the similar items from one realm can be used by another realm. For example, on my Valkyrie I use a slash polearm as a 2-handed sword. Since the release of ToA, we have had various drop weapons with a bonus to all melee types. Due to this, items from one realm can work for another realm. My question is since my Midgard characters can use polearms and Alb 2-handers with no problems, why can they not use the Hibernian Large weapons
A: Some things seem to me similar on the surface, and yet behind the scenes they represent drastically different systems. From the Redheaded Stepchild: "The systems were never meant to be spread across the realms [they were designed for use in one realm], and this was the best we could do to make things match up."
Read the whole bag here.
Turbine's Dungeons and Dragons Online: Stormreach, has announced the release of a brand new update titled "Evil Resurgent". The new update gives players access to six new dungeons for their playing enjoyment.
TURBINE PRESENTS EVIL RESURGENT FOR DUNGEONS & DRAGONS ONLINE™: STORMREACH™
Turbine, Inc. announced today the release of the latest update for DUNGEONS & DRAGONS ONLINE™: Stormreach™ (DDO), the first and only massively multiplayer online (MMO) roleplaying game based on the world-renowned DUNGEONS & DRAGONS® brand franchise from Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE: HAS). The Evil Resurgent update features six new handcrafted dungeon experiences for advanced players in the game. Turbine will offer the Evil Resurgent update free of charge for all current DDO subscribers. DUNGEONS & DRAGONS is under license from the Hasbro Properties Group, the intellectual property development arm of Hasbro.
"DDO has always offered the best dungeon crawling experience and with the release of Evil Resurgent, we are continuing our aggressive push to provide new and compelling content for our fans," said Jeffrey Anderson, president and CEO of Turbine, Inc. "Evil Resurgent delivers six new dungeons that challenge players with fearsome monsters including mindflayers, a lich, ogre magi and a necromancer."
Evil Resurgent delivers six new dungeons to DDO players:
- Parthilcar Tower Crypt - Mirra heard a noise in her basement. When she sent her brother to check it out, he discovered several mindflayers lurking in the crypt. The mindflayers have been secretly taking several members of each of the major houses of Stormreach and turning them into voidminds. The mindflayers are preparing to release their voidmind house members to take over the great houses of Stormreach from within, unless they are destroyed.
- From Beyond the Grave - Deathshadow is long in the ground, but his evil lives on. Through dark magics and sheer force of will, the necromancer haunts the convict cemetery called Penitent's Rest, and is now summoning forth an army of the undead. With a legion of walking corpses and ethereal horrors at his command, he intends to break out from his pauper's grave and invade Delera's Graveyard, the resting place of Stormreach's prosperous and elite. The players must meet his forces head-on in a fight to the death...again!
- Spire of Validus - The Spire of Validus was buried under the earth. The lich buried there used his magic to cause his tomb to grow like a beanstalk, causing it to burst forth and rise high into the sky. Players must journey to the top of the tower to discover that the lich has awakened, and defeat him.
- Whisperdoom - When Splinterskull fell, Whisperdoom found herself with a very large new lair. However, a group of ogre magi came upon Whisperdoom and captured her. They have taken her to a new lair, and have begun to imbue her with magical abilities, with the hopes of creating an army of magic wielding spawn of Whisperdoom to do their bidding.
- Haywire's Grotto - Haywire has struck a deal with a tribe of duergar: they allow him to live in their caves and provide him with materials, and he makes golems. Things were going well for Haywire, until he became convinced that he should start replacing his body parts with those of a warforged. The Marut discovered this, and Haywire is again stuck, this time inside a panic room he fortunately had built, but who knows how long he'll last against the combined might of the Marut, the golems, and the now quite upset Duergar.
- Gate of Nightmares - Long ago when the Dal Quor invaded Xen'drik, they built many temples that were attuned to the Plane of Dreams, and served as conduits for their soldiers. The Cult of Madness has found one of these temples, and has managed to alter its attunement to be aligned with Xoriat. Several of the smaller portals have been reopened, and the central gateway is not far from becoming fully operational.
Read more on DDO here.