MMORPG.com has been give beta keys for Survarium - a post-apocalyptic online FPS game where your skills matter. Get your beta key now!
Each key will give you 10,000 currency and a week of premium access!
Survarium is a post-apocalyptic online FPS game. If you are looking for a shooter where skills matter, look no further! The opposing players, deadly anomalies and traps will never stop you on the way to victory, right? Then start playing now for free!
Join the Survarium Open Beta to experience intense team-based PvP action!
Elsword players will want to jump into game for a new level cap, a new location, field and to meet a bunch of hot-headed new NPCs thanks to the latest update to the game. Players can hone their skills up to level 75 along the way.
There's nothing easy about the new content with fiery monsters and a toxic environment sure to challenge even the most intrepid adventurer. The challenge will be to survive the Ashen Land, the Burnt Forest and the Ash-Covered Village on the way to the safe zone found at Lanox Village. The village also happens to be packed with new NPCs, quests and more.
Read all about it on the Elsword site.
Lightbulb Crew has announced that its MOBA, Games of Glory, has arrived on Steam. To celebrate the big opening day, a new trailer has been released to show off the game play that includes new game play mechanics and more. See what you think!
A new Kickstarter campaign has launched for Pixel Starships, described on the page as an 8-bit starship management strategy MMO. Developers liken it to Star Citizen in 2D.
We have been working hard on this game and the current pre-alpha build is already super addictive and fun to play. We need your help to get this game to market and release on many platforms as possible. Please back us on Kickstarter so we can ship this awesome game! Backers can get awesome exclusive rewards, collaboration and early access.
- PocketGamer - Pixel Starships will put 8-bit space strategy and crew management into an online universe by Chris Priestman
- MMGN - The graphics in this 8Bit indie game is the best we've seen in a retro style game for a long time by Roy Hui
- PocketTactics - I’m intrigued by the cutaway side-view of the starship with turbolifts and transporters at the ready by Dave Neumann
- TechTimes - The World’s First 8-Bit Total Starship Management Game Hits The Online Universe by Lauren Keating
Check out the Pixel Starships KickStarter page and the video below.
The MOBA genre’s roots lie in the now struggling RTS genre, but Petroglyph and PlayGrid hope to bring those roots back to the forefront with a new MOBA called Victory Command. Currently in Early Access on Steam, Victory Command is a 5v5 military themed MOBA where players fight it out using a small to moderate sized squad of units organized under 12+ distinct companies.
Read more of Michael Bitton's Victory Command - Bringing the MOBA Back to its RTS Roots.
Tree of Life is today ready to enter Early Access through the sale of a pair of packages: Settler for $19.99, Adventurer for $24.99 with an additional Settler four-pack available for $59.99.
Each package comes with a variety of in-game items. The first phase of early access will run from today through June 2nd.
Find out more on the Tree of Life Steam page.
The Albion Online team has posted a new video developer diary that details how important farming will be to all aspects of the game including housing, controlling territories, feeding soldiers or transporting goods. It's a fascinating look at how the need for food and other goods provided by farming will be integral to a player's success. Check it out!
Obsidian Entertainment and My.com have announced that today marks the initial beta test for Armored Warfare. Over one million early access players will take part who have preordered various game packages.
The First Early access test will be taking place from May 27th, 2015 to June 3rd, 2015 from 8pm – 11pm ET on weekdays and 7pm – midnight ET on weekends.
The first round of the Early Access testing contains following features:
- 38 vehicles from multiple countries of tiers 1 to 6 (including 11 MBT’s, 4 light tanks, 5 tank destroyers, 13 AFV’s and 5 SPG’s)
- 4 PvP maps (Cold Strike, Port Storm, River Point and Ghost Field)
- Updated artillery system (including new point of view, counter-battery indicator and incoming artillery warning)
- Commander and crew skills
- Multiple tank upgrades (including smoke grenades and ERA)
- Two tank dealers (Sofie Wolfli and Marat Shishkin)
- Wide range of shells to use against your opponents
- A clan (“battalion”) system and a platoon system
- Achievement system (for excellent performance in combat)
Read more on the Armored Warfare site.
As we get closer to the console release of The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited, it has been predictably slow on the significant changes to the game front on PC, but there have been a few recent moves that bring certain digital goods matters to the forefront. Zenimax alerted some players that their keys weren't legitimate and decided to end their access to the game as of this week. The studio also seems to finalizing all console moves, including which goods would transfer over in one more effort to help future console players get started off right, as well as ushering in some changes that likely reflect the future of the crown store.
Read more of Christina Gonzalez's Elder Scrolls Online: The Banned Accounts Highlight Industry Issues.
The Daybreak EverQuest forum has been updated with the announcement that a second progression server is in the works. The first, Ragefire, was built to be twice as large as those that came before, and it is packed to the rafters. The result of that is the forthcoming Lockjaw server now in the preparation stages. The goal is to have Lockjaw ready for deployment as early as this weekend.
Read more on the EverQuest forum.
The Xsyon team has sent word that a special PvP Capture the Flag event will be headed into the game this Saturday, May 30th beginning at 12:00 pm Pacific / 3:00 pm Eastern.
How it works:
- Entry fees can range anywhere from $500-$5,000 depending on what you want to wager on your team winning.
- The event will be held on the PVP server, but entry fees can be paid from ANY server and winnings can be paid out to ANY server.
- Winning amounts will be paid out depending on the events being held with a minimum of 2x normally occasionally 3x for special events.
- Armor and weapons will be distributed by guides to promote fairness.
- Teams will be balanced fairly by guides
- There will be a flag centered in each fort which has to be carried back to your teams fort center to be captured for a point. At that point another flag will be spawned to replace it. The first team with three flags wins.
- When an enemy flagbearer is killed the flag is left in place and can only be picked up again by another enemy.
- Any one that gets killed will be resummoned to the event area.
Read more on the Xsyon site.
Quests have always been a staple for MMOs, and while they do make an appearance in Guild Wars 2, it’s the events that will steer most of your adventuring. The core of Guild Wars 2 introduced the mechanic of the dynamic event, and the Living World experimented with it. Now it’s time to see how HoT will take the concept to the next level.
Read more of David North's Guild Wars 2: The Beta Was Eventful.
Like many Guild Wars 2 players, I took the new revenant class out for a spin in the recent beta event for Heart of Thorns. How did it go? Well, I died rather infrequently... that's something, right?
Read more of Jason Winter's Guild Wars 2: Revved Up - Our First Look at the Revenant.
With just a couple of weeks left until the console version of Elder Scrolls Online arrives, Bethesda has revealed the digital preorders for both XBox One and PlayStation 4. Each is available in regular ($59.99) and digital collector's ($79.99) editions.
Anyone preordering a digital edition of either type will receive a free Explorer's Pack:
- All races playable in any alliance. Maybe you fancy being an Orc but want to fight alongside the Ebonheart Pact. Or perhaps you want your Nord to join up with the Aldmeri Dominion. In ESOTU, each faction is composed of three unique races. With the Explorer’s pack, you can pick any of the nine total races and align with any of the three factions, giving you even greater freedom to play the game however you like!
- A precious pet. Fondly known as Warty, the Scuttler is a vanity pet you can only get through the Explorer’s Pack. Be the envy of your friends when you show up with this scaly rapscallion scampering around your heels! (Don’t worry, you can change Warty’s name.)
- Treasure maps. Everyone likes loot. Get a leg up with a collection of maps that’ll lead you to hidden chests stuffed with treasure.
Read more on the Elder Scrolls Online console preorder page on the Bethblog.
We have received word from Thrive Games that it has launched its indie cross platform pixel art MMORPG Dragon of Legends on Square Enix's "Collective" initiative platform. Dragon of Legends currently sits at 95% positive from the community and are hoping to secure even more positive votes to stay on top of the charts.
After creating your own custom character and selecting a faction, you will set out on an epic quest to conquer evil and save the lands of Havamal from impending doom, or succumb to the darkness and act as an agent of destruction. You will have your own background, racial history, and character specific storyline that will provide direction, and motivation behind all of your actions. Along your adventures you will acquire new equipment and learn powerful skills to aid you on your path, and you will be constantly interacting with other players from around the world. In order to defeat the most complicated and challenging dungeons, you must strategically coordinate your efforts and work effectively as a team to reap the rewards. You can band together with like-minded players in clans and guilds and wage war against other rival factions - or even turn on your own.
Games receiving a positive vote from the community will start up either a KickStarter or IndieGogo fundraiser that will be backed by Square Enix as well as by the normal backers sought through such funding campaigns.
Check out the Dragon of Legends Square Enix Collective page for more information.
Ubisoft has announced that several new cars will be headed into The Crew, first for Season Pass holders for a week of early access, and subsequently for other players. The community had been concerned by the lack of Season Pass content, a worry that seems to be dismissed for the time being with the new vehicles.
The Corvette Stingray will be available to both former and current Season Pass holders beginning on June 3rd with other cars to follow soon. The Crew site is packed with images of some of the cars that will be released over the next several months.
Players may also wish to speculate what Community Manager Natchai meant by the following:
you clearly didn't read well. The ones shown are only a few of the cars to come.
And yes, there will be more this week (not cars, other things)
Thanks to Stizzled for the tip!
Award winning composer, Inon Zur, is on tap to create the score for Sword Coast Legends. Zur is known for musical compositions from games that include Dragon Age: Origins, Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal, Icewind Dale II, Fallout 3, EverQuest and others.
“Throughout his career, Inon’s music has been integral to many of the game industry’s most memorable experiences and has raised the bar on what we expect from a video game score today. His ability to capture the player’s experience through his music is second to none,” said Dan Tudge, President of n-Space and Director of Sword Coast Legends. “It’s wonderful to see Inon return to Dungeons & Dragons and the Forgotten Realms setting, where I’m confident our deep story, compelling characters, and rich environments will inspire one of Inon’s most memorable works to date.”
Find out more on the Sword Coast Legends site.
Shroud of the Avatar takes a hard turn towards immersion in their 18th release, and Red Thomas heads to Austin in order to get details from the team. Take a look at what got him so excited.
Read more of Red Thomas's Shroud of the Avatar: Released 18 - Return to Immersion.
Check out the latest hype-train video from the crew at CD Projekt Red, showcasing the Witcher 3's 15 different languages (7 spoken, 8 subtitled) the game has been localized into. Have you been playing Wild Hunt? What do you think, so far?