Narvalous has sent word that a new feature has been added to Chrono Wars. Called "dragon arm", the system allows players to literally have a dragon arm attached that gives access to the awesome power of dragons and enhances attributes as well as adding new attributes of Grit, Block & Block Rate. To show how the system works, the team has put together a new video.
Dragon Scales are needed in order to upgrade Dragon Arm, and they can be obtained from the Dragon Treasury Challenge. You can enter Dragon Treasury after reaching Lv. 59 or above, and the challenge is open all day. Conquer each floor of the Dragon Treasury and upgrade your Dragon Arm! The higher the Dragon Arm level, the more attributes and BR you will achieve.
Find out more on the Chrono Wars site.
Shroud of the Avatar backers are invited by the team to log in to the game to check out Release 21 which launched on August 27th. The latest build includes the new use-based system, new creatures, crafting skills and more.
Some of the new content includes:
- New Use Based Skill System
- 38 new Player Owned Towns, including the Syndicate's Arx Draconis
- Snowy Mountain Template and NPC Homes Added to Dynamic Lot Placement Tool for Player Owned Towns
- New Creatures, including Boss Phoenix and Under Dwellers
- Scene Polishing and new underground scene, The Epitaph
- Crafting Skills Coming Online
Gazillion has announced the deployment of the fiftieth playable character in Marvel Heroes 2015. War Machine joins the other Marvel Heroes as a powerful soldier. In addition, Carnage has been added as a team-up character and brings new sophisticated weaponry to your fights.
Check out the videos to see each of them in action before visiting the Marvel Heroes 2015 site.
A new developer has been named for A Tale in the Desert. Pluribus Games has taken over the management of ATITD and a "new journey" will begin on Setpember 11th, 2015. Tale VII is expected to last for approximately 18 months and will begin in ancient Egypt.
The game focuses on building, crafting, research and community as well as both personal and group challenges called “tests”. Each test you complete brings you closer to the ultimate goal of being the Oracle in a particular discipline. You can focus on the disciplines of Art and Music, Architecture, Body, Harmony, Thought, Leadership and Worship, or you can try to do them all!
Read more at the official site of A Tale in the Desert.
Based on the feedback from an earlier beta-event, the Linkrealms team has implemented significant changes that players can try out thanks to the commencement of the current closed beta event.
The planned changes to the game consist of:
* Massive map expansion (from ~80 realms to ~250 realms).
* Three new environments (Dead Forest, Darkling Woods, Mount Viscous).
* Bee Hive Dungeon reworked and now functioning.
* New: Harpy’s Nest (Classic Dungeon).
* From Test Server: Hades (Phase Dungeon).
* From Test Server: Blackwoods (Linear Dungeon).
* New POI (Points Of Interest) scattered around the world.
* New random mob spawns and world events.
* One new town within the Dead Forest.
* Revised chest positioning and loot.
* Monsters now have magical resistances like players (Fire, Ice, Poison, Shock, Ethereal).
* Revised monster statistics (life, physical resistances, skill levels, damage).
* More special Tailoring crafting materials.
* Spell Defiance skill implemented.
* Town Chat active (start messages with an asterisk * to speak to all players in town).
* Jorkrut Artifacts.
* Mount Viscous Artifacts.
Find out more about the game on Linkrealms site.
Fans of Final Fantasy XV will be happy to know that the game is confirmed for release in 2016, though not before March when the official date will be announced. The news of the game's release was announced during this weekend's PAX Prime.
Potato Killer Studios has released some new details for the Trading Card Game Fangold, which is a tie-in to MMORPG Land of Britain. The multiplatform Fangold will feature 40 cards, which consist of offensive, defensive, magics, counter-attacks and several special mechanics cards.
Players can accumulate their cards and increase their deck in many ways – the easier it is undoubtedly the acquisition of new cards with the special pack, but you can also craft them amassing the materials in the game or participating at the Dungeon Raids and with other ways that will be revealed later.
The project will be officially launched on Kickstarter soon and for now you can find the details on the official facebook page of Fangold.
EA Spain has posted a trailer for the next Dragon Age: Inquisition DLC that will be released on September 8th. Called "Trespasser", the content takes place two years after the main story, the Inquisitor is slowly being killed by the mark, the Qunari seem to have gained access to the crossroads of the Eluvians and are attacking and the world is falling apart. The trailer has been set to private, however, pending the live stream later this afternoon. We'll keep you posted in about five hours.
(The video has reappeared here but we'll have it posted when it officially is released later today)
Decide the fate of the Inquisition in this exciting final of a player ! In the epilogue of the story it has been two years and the inquisition is needed again . Gather your team . Stop the Qunari threat. Defend your legacy ... Dragon Age: Inquisition - Trespasser will be available on September 8, 2015 for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One! Access EA members will have a 10 % discount.
The Guild Wars 2 PAX Prime live stream is ongoing with the news that raids will be introduced. Notably, there is no attunement needed, no gear grind so when new raids are added, no "wasteland of gear" is left behind; players will be able to damage, control or heal and be able to play the profession they love.
Heart of Thorns will introduce the first raid with three wings. The first wing will open a few weeks after the expansion launches. Raiding will become an integral component of live updates from the launch of HoT onward.
Expansions will come with the base game and updates as they arrive. Now Guild Wars 2, the base game, will be free for everyone beginning today. "Our business model is not changing. The game experience stays the same. We're just opening it up to more players. We believe in buy to play."
Some examples of ways to protect players from abuses by F2P:
This weekend at PAX, we made some big announcements charting the future course of the game and starting the countdown to the launch of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns™.
- Raids are coming! They’ll be a big part of our live content strategy for Heart of Thorns. This is the challenging group content that our skilled players have been waiting for—deadly encounters and epic bosses that will test your team’s skill and coordination and give you a chance to earn legendary rewards. Read more about raids here.
- Today we’re making the core Guild Wars 2 game free for everyone. With Heart of Thorns coming, it was already a great time to invite friends and guild members into the game, and now it’s an even better one. We want to make it easy for new players to try the game because we believe that players who love Guild Wars 2 will buy Heart of Thorns. Read all the details here.
- We’re starting the final countdown to launch, and we’ve finally answered the one question we get asked more than any other: when is Heart of Thorns coming? We’re happy to say that it’s less than two months away. Heart of Thorns will launch Friday, October 23!
Whether you’re a veteran or a new player, there’s no better time than now to level up your characters and get ready to enter the jungle. And now you know the date when it all becomes real.
55 days and counting…
Wargaming and ASUS have entered a partnership that will see players gain exclusive in-game rewards for purchasing certain ASUS products. The promotion will run from now through January 20, 2017.
This uniquely designed camouflage for Marblehead and Diana cruisers, and theTachibana destroyer, can’t be found anywhere else, and will only be available when purchasing from a variety of select ASUS gaming desktops and gaming laptops. Players can also qualify for 1,000 Doubloons, 30-days of Premium Account status, and even more bundles ready to enhance their World of Warships experience.
KOG Games has announced that its F2P action MMORPG Elsword has had a major update that most prominently features guild-specific content. Guilds will now have housing, missions, vendor, storage and an improved guild UI.
Every Guild now has a place to call home in Elsword. If a player is part of a Guild, they get to hang out in their very own Guild Base where they can mingle exclusively with their Guild Mates as well as store communal items, acquire Guild Missions, host super-secret shady meetings and much more.
Find out more on the Elsworld official site.
Yes, I am going to commit genocide on a fictional race. And so are you. But we’re gamers. It’s what we do. And do we feel bad about it? Heck no! It’s fun! It’s even more fun to do it with a friend.
Read more of Hive Leader's Orcs Must Die! Unchained: PAX Prime 2015 - Putting Our Orc Slaying Skills to the Test.
Trion has announced that the v2.0 update to ArcheAge is set to take off on September 12th. Called "Heroes Awaken", the update will bring the political system online where players can take up leadership roles on servers that have direct impact on populations. In addition, upgraded crafting houses, guild expeditions and wars and the usual bevy of bug fixes and enhancements will be released with v2.0.
- The launch of Heroes Awaken will follow the ArcheAge Server Evolution (beginning Thursday, Sept. 10 at 1:00pm PDT (-7 GMT)). All ArcheAge servers will be unavailable for at least 48 hours as we begin the server merge and update the game.
- After the merge is complete, we will re-open all ArcheAge servers, welcome our newly evolved servers, AND launch our brand-new Fresh Start servers: Rangora and Morpheus! The launch of Heroes Awaken has been targeted for 1:00pm PDT (-7 GMT) on Saturday, Sept. 12, though its final date and time are subject to downtime duration and may be extended. Stay tuned to the forums for the latest timing announcements!
- For more information on Fresh Start servers and our Server Evolution, please see this article.
Read the full announcement on the ArcheAge site.
Starting with October the Vainglory team will be hosting seasonal PvP activities. Each year will be divided into quarterly seasons, during which individuals and teams can earn achievements and rewards. In addition, and working with Twitch, competitive support and streaming for regional and global tournaments will be included.
This seasonal model means that there will always be fresh content and activities for you to enjoy throughout the year. Achievements will vary from season to season, and all of the trophies that you earn will be kept in a new trophy room being added to your in-game player profile.
Read the full blog post and find out about the special preseason trophy and season play, visit Vainglory official site.
Red Thomas sits down with an Oculus Rift to experience first-hand its impact on several games, and in the process, ponders the probable impact on the industry’s trajectory. Alliteration aside, we must caution you that Red’s excitement could be contagious.
Read more of Red Thomas's Oculus Rex?
Trion's first new game since bringing Scott Hartsman back as CEO was the now certified hit, Trove. Today, they're unveiling the second game to come out of the Trion Labs initiative: Atlas Reactor. A turn-based tactical combat game, Atlas Reactor has the looks and personality to stand on its own, and the tactical gameplay reminiscent of XCOM or Shadowrun to make us take notice.
Read more of Bill Murphy's Atlas Reactor: Trion's New Tactical Experiment.
During this weekend's PAX Prime, Trion announced that Founders' Packs for Devilian will be available in three different configurations, each including beta access and with its own in-game bonuses, patron status, pets, mounts, etc. Packs will run $50, $100, and $150. In addition, the first alpha phase is set to begin on Thursday, September 3rd.
Find out more on the Devilian page.
Undead Labs has announced with regret that its "collect 'em all" PC and iOS game, Moonrise, has been cancelled. Undead Labs indicated that the game lacked sustainability and profitability over the long haul. Moonrise has been in beta on Steam for quite some time and in limited release on iOS. While the game will not be released commercially, the "floodgates are open" to existing players with all existing content now available, and some even updated.
Since we won’t have to worry about whether the game is profitable, we can just have some fun and open the floodgates. We’re updating the game with new Solari, wildlands, dungeons, and clothing shops. We’re also increasing rewards in Arena Mode, making it easier to earn XP and hit upgrade and evolution milestones, increasing drop rates, decreasing leveling time, and generally making the game play faster and easier across the board. We’re also giving every player a free Sunset Pack containing 2,000 gems, 10,000 gold, two Solari Boosters, and a bunch of essences. Detailed patch notes are here.
Servers will run through December 31st of this year. Read the full letter on the Moonrise site.
ArenaNet Tweeted out this morning that the Guild Wars 2 expansion Heart of Thorns will be launching on October 23rd. Game editions run from $49.99 to 99.99.