YouTube Gaming has been live for about six months. During this time period, developers have been collecting community feedback for both the mobile and browser versions of the popular streaming platform and have been making iterative changes to help viewers find their favorite games and streamers. In addition, both the Android and iOS versions of the mobile app are now live in several countries, with more to come soon.
Today we're sharing some new ways we're helping you find and watch awesome videos and live streams based on feedback we've heard:
- Homepage navigation: Say goodbye to the sidebars! We've simplified the homepage to make it easier to find what you're looking for.
- Game and channel browsing: We've added pages for you to manage your games and channels, plus discover new ones.
- Dedicated live destination: You'll find a new "Live" tab on the homepage that brings together top streams, top games, and streams from channels you're subscribed to.
- Android live playback: Our Android live stream player joins iOS and the HTML5 desktop player with an upgrade to support quality switching, 60fps playback, and DVR mode.
- Pop-out player: On Android, you can now pop out the YouTube Gaming player to keep it visible above other apps on your device.
Read more about these changes on the YouTube Gaming - GoogleBlog site.