After three weeks of alpha testing, R2Games has announced that its Asian MMO, Monkey King Online, will head straight to open beta with players able to immediately head to the new OBT server to make characters. According to the team, over the course of the alpha, the team has focused more on PvP, core elements and a more advanced UI.
Monkey King Online is a free-to-play browser MMORPG inspired by the Chinese epic Journey to the West. Players choose one of four ancient heroes, including the rebellious Monkey King himself, and embark on a quest to bring peace to a broken world. Real-time combat is enhanced by the Immortals, giving players the ability to change shape during battle. Monkey King Online can be enjoyed solo, but features a host of robust multiplayer modes, including team dungeons, PvP combat, competitive Arena play, and territorial Guild versus Guild battles.
- Live the Legend – discover a vibrant MMORPG world inspired by Chinese mythology… in your browser!
- Choose your Champion – become one of four heroes from Journey to the West, including the Monkey King himself
- Fight for Justice – bring peace to the heavens with hard-hitting real-time combat
- Invoke the Immortals – transform into powerful deities during battle, with new Immortals added every month
- Enhance your Equipment – master the art of crafting to create the ultimate arsenal
- Claim a Kingdom – conquer territories with a Guild in open-world PvP
Read more about Monkey King Online.