Auran has announced that this weekend marks the start of competition in the Fury Challenge, Fury's open beta event which offers players the opportunity to win a piece of a prize pool totaling more than $2 million.
– September 28, 2007 - This weekend FURY will reach the pinnacle of its testing with the first competition weekend of its Open Beta event - the FURY Challenge. The event kicks off with a bang - full-on competitions spanning seven ladders have players competing for over $2 Million in prizes. To allow for two full weekends of competition and mid-week practice sessions, the release date is now scheduled for October 16, 2007. Auran is opening up the field to everyone before the game even hits the shelves by inviting all players, from veteran FURY testers to one-timers to FURY virgins, to get out there and show their stuff! The FURY Challenge gives players their first real chance to experience the game the way it was designed to be played (and to win some cool loot as well). Brisbane, Australia
There’s no doubt that learning a new game can be frustrating especially when you’re faced with higher ranking opponents or someone who has been playing the game for months, but that’s about to change. Since FURY is meant to be all about FUN, Auran has been working hard on addressing these issues to ensure that every player, of every rank, gets the chance to mix it up in a well balanced match. More fun brings more players, more players improve the whole matchmaking process, and thus we start a snowball effect which will help push FURY to critical mass this weekend. In short, the FURY Challenge is a chance to sample the sweet, sweet taste of victory.
Here’s a list of some recent improvements that will smooth the learning curve and help players experience FURY as it’s meant to be played:
- Test out multiple Incarnations prior to battling against human opponents. Players can roll a new character and test drive all the Incarnations by picking up a FURY Challenge Authentication Code here: http://furychallenge.com/accounts
- Equip Points for Reborns, Initiates and Disciples have been increased so you can immediately buy additional starter abilities and customize your incarnation.
- It is easier and faster to go through the Ranks so that even after just a few hours, you have reached a competitive level (and for FURY Challenge we have capped Ranks to make things a little more balanced)
- Bloodbath and Vortex matches are smaller (16 man FFA BB and 8 v 8 VTX teams). This ensures a tighter grouping of player Skill Ratings for the match and thus more even matches.
- Player Skill Rating calculations (used by the Matchmaker) have been amended to ensure a wider spread from newbie to expert. This makes it easier for the matchmaker to find similar skilled players.
- Numerous balance changes have been made in response to player feedback which should enable a variety of effective tactics to be employed to counter “flavor of the week” builds.
- A “Newbie Offense and Defense” bonus has been added to help players who die frequently build up their offensive and defensive ratings to help make them more competitive. This works off Avatar Rank not Incarnation Rank so will only affect new avatars.
Read more about the Fury Challenge here.
Read more about the prizes here.