PlanetSide 2 is a scifi MMOFPS from Sony Online Entertainment that takes all the best features of the original PlanetSide and brings them into the modern gaming age, adding improvements that are expected in the genre. Players join one of three factions (Terran Republic, New Conglomerate, or Vanu Sovereignty) and engage in combat on foot, vehicles, or the skies. Battle across open fields to urban centers with and against hundreds of other players to control key territories and valuable resources.
- Three Empires | The militaristic Terran Republic, the New Conglomerate freedom fighters, and the technocratic Vanu Sovereignty.
- Key Battlegrounds | Core gameplay involves holding territories and controlling resources, in order to receive fuel, ammo, and tech bonuses.
- Huge Maps | With every inch of land being contestable real estate.
- Free-form Class System | Engage in combat according to your play style, and unlock more skills to add to your chosen combat role.
- Mission System | Developers and players may add more content into the game, designed for new players and veterans alike.
- Customizable Outfits | Guilds will be able to create their own uniforms to better match their identity, reputation, and role in the war.
- Customizable Weapons | All twenty basic weapon may be customized to players’ preference.
- Customizable Vehicles | Over ten vehicles that have skills and features waiting to be unlocked.