Trending Games | Pirate101 | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade | Guild Wars 2 | The Secret World

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,900,276 Users Online:0
Games:751  Posts:6,269,358
Sony Online Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Beta Testing  (est.rel 2014)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Landmark Forum » General Discussion » Horrible lag spikes?

9 posts found
  ultrastoat

Novice Member

OP  4/29/14 11:26:25 AM#1

Hey all, I recently caved and got the founder's pack for EQ Landmark, and was having a great time until about five minutes in. That's when the lag started.

And by lag I don't mean "my PC sucks and I'm trying to justify it by blaming it on the game engine", I mean there must be something seriously worng with the ForgeLight engine because PS2 and now Landmark give me this problem.

THe problem is simple. I'll pull an average of 45fps virtually anywhere, but every 10 to 30 seconds I drop to 1fps and the game freezes for a few frames, then snaps back to life as if nothing had happened. 

Has anyone else been experiencing this? and if so, do you have a fix?

relevant PC specs:

AMD Phenom II x4 3.4ghz

AMD Radeon HD 7850 1gb

16GB RAM

Archlyte

Elite Member

^Avatar Stylized for Longevity, Frame Rate, & Maturity

4/29/14 11:32:08 AM#2
This is a recent development from what I understand, and they are working on it from what they said in official forums. I'm taking a break from Landmark until they add combat so I haven't seen it for myself.
  piquet

Advanced Member

4/29/14 11:38:43 AM#3
I have AMD as well (AMD FX-8150 and AMD Radeon 7970) and have never experienced this. Never played PS2, so don't know about that, but Landmark has always run fine. Are you using the latest catalyst driver?
  ultrastoat

Novice Member

OP  4/29/14 8:21:14 PM#4
Yup, latest drivers and everything.
  Zinzan

Novice Member

5/24/14 3:01:56 AM#5

Seems to be a problem with the game, my PC never crashes, but it's been crashing regularly these last few days "playing" landmark and the lag spikes are crazy right now.

It does something to the RAM, might be a memory leak, im not sure what exactly but i always have to reboot after playing even if it doesn't crash.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

Jean-Luc_Picard

Elite Member

There... are... four... lights!

5/26/14 12:52:40 PM#6

SSD or mechanical harddisk?

4770k + R9 290x + 480gb Kingston SSD, no lag or slowdowns at all, smooth as a baby's ass here.

And I doubt it is the RAM, I only have 8gb DDR3, the OP has 16gb.

Playing now: WoW, Landmark, GW2

Got a refund: Archeage. First refund since I started MMOs.

Top 3 MMORPGs played: UO, AC1 and WoW

Honorable mentions: AO, LotRO and GW2.

"The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn. After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that neither does the ability to write.

laserit

Elite Member

Confusius say: Man who go to bed with itchy bum wake up with stinky finger

5/26/14 1:00:32 PM#7

Could also be a connection problem

Hope you get it sorted out ;)

I made a double sided USB cable and I plugged my Console into my PC... or did I plug my PC into my Console? Anyway I can now play Console games on my PC! and play PC games on my Console!

FRIGGING AWESOME!

Braindome

Hard Core Member

5/26/14 1:09:43 PM#8
Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard

From personal experience 16GB of ram can actually have a very negative impact on a systems performance if the mobo doesn't support it and I think there are very few that officially support that much ram and it can slow games down cause I have witnessed it personally.

Other than that it has been suggested on the forums quite a few times to delete a cache file in the Landmark directory as the file can become rather large and slow down performance, though this was during early alpha you may want to check into it.

Also try running in window mode just for the heck of it and see if it runs better. Sounds like a memory leak. 

Jean-Luc_Picard

Elite Member

There... are... four... lights!

5/27/14 12:11:02 PM#9
Originally posted by Braindome
Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard

From personal experience 16GB of ram can actually have a very negative impact on a systems performance if the mobo doesn't support it and I think there are very few that officially support that much ram and it can slow games down cause I have witnessed it personally.

This doesn't make any sense. The computer definitely had a problem somewhere else.

And if you think there are very few motherboards supporting 16gb ram, did you just use a time machine to travel 10 years in the future to 2014? ;-)

Playing now: WoW, Landmark, GW2

Got a refund: Archeage. First refund since I started MMOs.

Top 3 MMORPGs played: UO, AC1 and WoW

Honorable mentions: AO, LotRO and GW2.

"The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn. After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that neither does the ability to write.