Trending Games | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,553 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,295,217
Sony Online Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Beta Testing  (est.rel 2014)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Landmark Forum » General Discussion » Claiming Land

10 posts found
  Oliman

Novice Member

OP  12/08/13 3:04:24 PM#1

I'm curious how land claiming in EQNL (Everquest Next Landmark) is going to work exactly.

Specifically, I was thinking it would be cool to find an underground cave and make a home in it.

Then I started wondering...

• can I claim underground land?
  • Do I just claim the land above it and then get the underground for free?
  • How deep (into the ground) does a land claim go?
  • How does terraforming the ground affect the claim depth? (if there is such a thing)
  • Also, any word on claim costs?
    • is it only real money?
    • can one account only have one plot?

TLDR; Any official word on how claiming is going to work in landmark?

"Read Less, More TV." - Dr. House

Nadia

Tipster

12/08/13 6:32:59 PM#2

some info

http://eqn.junkiesnation.com/2013/10/01/informal-everquest-next-and-eqn-landmark-faq/

Claims
Players can make a three-dimensional claim.
Does not extend all the way to the bedrock.
Only claim owners or their designated trustees can build or destroy on the claims.
Claims can be combined to allow for large co-operative building/destruction.

It is uncertain if we are limited to just one claim per character/per account.

Claims can be sold in-game via a real estate system.

http://slashlfg.wordpress.com/2013/08/04/everquest-next-soe-day-3-landmark-updates/

• No limit to what types of items players can build – Sci Fi, fantasy, modern, etc.
  • There will be size limits on items.  No cities, can build villages and dungeons.
  • Players using Landmark will have an upkeep cost on the claimed area they are using.

Nitth

Hard Core Member

Magic Propels my Rolly Chair.

12/08/13 8:56:59 PM#3

Originally posted by Nadia
some info

http://eqn.junkiesnation.com/2013/10/01/informal-everquest-next-and-eqn-landmark-faq/

ClaimsPlayers can make a three-dimensional claim.Does not extend all the way to the bedrock.Only claim owners or their designated trustees can build or destroy on the claims.Claims can be combined to allow for large co-operative building/destruction.

http://slashlfg.wordpress.com/2013/08/04/everquest-next-soe-day-3-landmark-updates/

• No limit to what types of items players can build – Sci Fi, fantasy, modern, etc.
  • There will be size limits on items.  No cities, can build villages and dungeons. Players using Landmark will have an upkeep cost on the claimed area they are using.

Wonder what would happen if you tunneled into someones 'underground lair'? i will be very disappointed if there is an invisible wall stooping that..

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

muffins89

Apprentice Member

12/08/13 10:43:04 PM#4
I think they'll give us a small claim and sell claims in the cash shop.

I think the prostitute mod corrupted your game files man. -elhefen

Oliman

Novice Member

OP  12/09/13 9:36:31 PM#5

Thanks for the links Nadia!

I thought I had been following this game pretty close, but I hadn't read either of those articles.

Sounds like maybe the dev team is still trying to figure out how deep claims are going to go. It would be awesome if you could extend the claim down to the bedrock (if you were so inclined). But I could see how that might cause a problem for random people trying to gather resources out in the world.

Still, I'm hoping to find me a cool underground cave, maybe with a waterfall entrance, secret agent/evil villain style.

And I know what the next comment is going to say. "You can just build a cool cave" terraform it to look however you want.

Ya, well I'm not that creative. It's much easier for me to take a cool scene and make it mine, rather than start with a blank canvas... (or actually worse in EQNL) Starting with a used canvas and trying to make something completely original.

azarhal

Hard Core Member

12/10/13 11:18:18 AM#6
Originally posted by Nitth

some info

ClaimsPlayers can make a three-dimensional claim.Does not extend all the way to the bedrock.Only claim owners or their designated trustees can build or destroy on the claims.Claims can be combined to allow for large co-operative building/destruction.

• There will be size limits on items.  No cities, can build villages and dungeons. Players using Landmark will have an upkeep cost on the claimed area they are using.

Wonder what would happen if you tunneled into someones 'underground lair'? i will be very disappointed if there is an invisible wall stooping that..

This will probably depends on the permissions people have access to for their claims.

apocoluster

Apprentice Member

\m/,

12/10/13 11:59:28 AM#7
Originally posted by muffins89
I think they'll give us a small claim and sell claims in the cash shop.

Good im gonna need lots. Also

imremeber the saying smething about finding more claims.  One of the round table vids can't remember which 

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

Nadia

Tipster

12/10/13 12:31:49 PM#8

also

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/08/04/soe-live-2013-delving-deeper-into-eqns-landmark/

To understand the scope of building, players must first understand that there are many different continents in the world of Landmark. Only one of them is an enforced Norrath theme; on all the others, players can build whatever they want, from sci-fi to horror to modern day themes. However, be mindful that anything inappropriate can and will be reported and removed.

Oliman

Novice Member

OP  12/13/13 6:37:06 PM#9

Found some more info about claiming land from reddit

• Claim size is still being balanced. Aiming for large enough to make something cool, but they want to force people to combine Plots to make cities.
  • You will be able to build underground. You can build anywhere you can claim. Can dig a tunnel, plant claim flag, your claim will not heal.
  • Whole world will NOT be claimable. there will be restrictions to the number of claims in an area and on a continent.
  • Claims will only remain in effect for "active" players. No details given on timeframe or exact mechanism.

Looks like you can dig underground and claim a plot there.
Good to hear.

Velocinox

Hard Core Member

12/13/13 6:40:50 PM#10
Originally posted by Nitth

some info

Wonder what would happen if someone tunneled into your 'underground lair'? i will be very disappointed if there is an invisible wall stooping that..

'Sandbox MMO' is a PTSD trigger word for anyone who has the experience to know that anonymous players invariably use a 'sandbox' in the same manner a housecat does.

No game is more fun than the one you can't play, and no game is more boring than the one you've become familiar with.

How to become a millionaire:
Start with a billion dollars and make an MMO.