Trending Games | Cabal 2 | Elder Scrolls Online | Crowfall | World of Warcraft

Network:  RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,963,752 Users Online:0
Games:808  Posts:6,407,483
Blizzard Entertainment | Official Site
TCG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/11/14)  | Pub:Blizzard Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

2 posts found
  Quizzical

Guide

OP  5/10/14 10:18:28 AM#1

My theory is that arena matchmaking basically breaks players into three groups:

1)  players with 0-3 wins so far that run,

2)  players with 4-6 wins so far that run, and

3)  players with 7+ wins so far that run.

And then it matches players in the same pool, but otherwise record doesn't matter much.

I've found a large jump in opponent difficulty when reaching the 4- and 7-win thresholds.  So long as I have no more than 3 wins, I seem to draw a lot of opponents who make flagrant mistakes.  At 4 wins, the obvious mistakes mostly disappear.  At 7 wins, I seem to get opponents who not only play well, but have good decks, too.

The statistics bear this out, as well.  Out of 29 arena runs so far, I've had just as many (8) end at 4 wins exactly as anywhere in 0-3 wins.  Out of the 8 times that I've gotten to 7 wins, I had four end at 7 and three end at 8.  And a lot of those times, I had fewer than 2 losses when I picked up the seventh win, too.

Axxar

Advanced Member

"See how I reward those who fail me!"

7/02/14 8:56:23 AM#2

My guess is it tries to match you against players with a similar score to you, but expands the search a little if needed until an approximately appropriate opponent is found.

"Tiny clown, he got wet. I was talking to a psychic and I can't sleep in the ozone. There are too many different peanuts, looking sad.