Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Destiny | Star Trek Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,537 Users Online:0
Games:740  Posts:6,240,716
Blizzard Entertainment | Official Site
TCG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/11/14)  | Pub:Blizzard Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Forum » General Discussion » Topic of the day : Is Hearthstone P2W ?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
25 posts found
  Gravarg

Spotlight Poster

2/09/14 1:13:43 AM#21
I wouldn't say it's P2W, it's more like P2HYPB (Pay to help you play better).  I have a deck full of ragnaros, dragons, and legendaries...It does horrible, it will lose like 90% of the time against any deck, even basic decks.  Cards are easy to get in this game.  If you pay money, you just want to skip the month or two it takes to get enough cards to have several great decks.
  Damedius

Advanced Member

2/09/14 1:57:45 AM#22
Originally posted by Gravarg
I wouldn't say it's P2W, it's more like P2HYPB (Pay to help you play better).  I have a deck full of ragnaros, dragons, and legendaries...It does horrible, it will lose like 90% of the time against any deck, even basic decks.  Cards are easy to get in this game.  If you pay money, you just want to skip the month or two it takes to get enough cards to have several great decks.

A casual player would probably have to play for at least half a year to have  3 or 4 competitive decks.

mari3k

Novice Member

2/09/14 2:02:00 AM#23

No its not !

You can achieve everything without money.

Your definition is wrong, or every trading card game would be ptw.

Step in the arena and break the wall down

Axxar

Hard Core Member

"See how I reward those who fail me!"

2/09/14 2:04:21 AM#24

Originally posted by BeansnBread
Yes, like almost every CCG, there is a pay to win element to it. At least in constructed.

This. But it's not so bad, because you can relatively quickly make a decent deck. And the game is a lot of fun, so you can overlook the P2W factor as it's not too pronounced. If you play a crazy amount you'll probably get the cards you want anyway. Eventuallly.

You will win more if you pay, as you will have better cards. So by definition it is unquestionably Pay2Win if you fork out that cash.

But if you just can't handle that it's P2W, there's Arena mode, which has no P2W elements. Unfortunately som grinding required to play this mode.

Currently playing: Divinity: Original Sin, FTL, Hearthstone and Skyrim.
Eagerly anticipating: Camelot Unchained, Elite: Dangerous, Legend of Grimrock 2 and Star Citizen.

mari3k

Novice Member

2/09/14 2:05:02 AM#25

BTW 

Its nothing wrong with paying for some boosters, if you like the game.

The development of this games costs a ton, so if you play the game a lot you better spend some money to reward their work !

Step in the arena and break the wall down

2 Pages « 1 2 Search