Trending Games | ArcheAge | WildStar | Elder Scrolls Online | Age of Wushu

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,797,409 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,195,662
Blizzard Entertainment | Official Site
TCG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/11/14)  | Pub:Blizzard Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Forum » General Discussion » sick of all the priests and mages

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
29 posts found
  angzt

Novice Member

"Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional."
(Bob Monkhouse)

11/14/13 8:12:17 AM#21
Originally posted by Demogorgon

What did you expect?

Its another dumb down blizzard pos that has been hyped up for no reason.

/cheers

we got a hater!

uh and for the record, if played right, the rogue can hand out some nasty "dmg"  too

"believe me, mike.. i calculated the odds of this working against the odds that i was doing something incredibly stupid… and i did it anyway!"

Dewulf

Advanced Member

OP  11/14/13 8:30:44 AM#22
Originally posted by Ikeda

What kind of priests are you fighting?  There are a couple of options.

Inner Fire priests drop a couple of minions buff them to high hell and attack.  Those need to be removed using the likes of Polymorph or Assassinate.  (whatever the hunter removal is [big game hunter?])

I would recommend checking out a charge/windfury deck to combat that.  Oh, it'll be fun, hit fast, and hard.

Another trick would be card denial.  Grab a bunch of cards that force them to draw.  Nothing more fun than watching opponents cards blow up (and you get to see which ones blow up.. it's awesome).  Murloc Oracles :-)

I'm usually against priests that has the card that allows u to draw card every time u heal + the "Lightwell" card that heals +3 health to damaged cards every turn.   And they just always doubles the health of their minion with a card and after that they put the dmg equal to health card. I will always have to focus on their healer minions so they couldnt get free cards.

But when I focus them they heal them up.

And If I try to use my beast combo they just put a taunt or clear the enemies with single spell.

sportsfan

Apprentice Member

11/14/13 10:10:33 AM#23
Originally posted by angzt

What did you expect?

/cheers

we got a hater!

uh and for the record, if played right, the rogue can hand out some nasty "dmg"  too

For the moment Hearthstone turns circles around MTGO.

Speed of play, cost of play, excitement and popularity.

Blizzard will probably own digital card games for the next decade, I think a lot of sleepness nights incoming for the dumb down haters ... again.

Ikeda

Hard Core Member

11/14/13 11:07:50 AM#24

I'll be honest, I've slowed my amount of play over the last 2-3 days considerably because I don't want to burn out.  The INTRIGUING part of this, and the reason Blizz got my attention, was the Adventures.  I don't often enjoy dealing with people.  Most online are a-holes.  At least, they're a-holes to people they don't know.  

That being said, the use of the emote system is refreshing.  I make sure to congratulated winners.   I also use opportunities to tell someone they made a mistake if they mis-play a card.  That's how they learn.

MtGO didn't really do that.  People were there grinding packs and mostly didn't take the time to participate in the social side.  I ALSO didn't like that it cost me in MtGO both ONLINE and IRL.  I would have thought they could create a code that I could type in from the card with a unique identifier or something so I could play online.  But no.  I certainly wouldn't have invested as much money in the online version as I did trying to pull my 3 Jaces.

But this is a conversation for a different thread.

Consequently, I SPANKED a couple of priests this morning with a normal warrior deck.  Nothing special.  Couple of rares, no legendaries.  Never let that 0/5 fountain sit there.  EVER.   EVER EVER EVER.

syriinx

Advanced Member

11/14/13 11:13:34 AM#25

I had a game yesterday as a Mage where I was down 21-10.  I had 2 dalaran mages out, and my opponent used two 4 attack minions to damage me instead of killing my spell damage minions.  So down 21-2.

Next turn I play a kobold geomancer, a frost bolt, 2 ice lances and a fireball.  Game over.

A mage has a lot of low mana cards that can deal huge damage with extra spell damage.  if you see a Mage with a lot of cards in his hand, beware.

syriinx

Advanced Member

11/14/13 11:16:09 AM#26
Game does seem quite simple compared to the EQ one though.  And the EQ one (Legends of Norrath) had trading boards (basically an auction house for cards where you can offer up card x in exchange for card y or any combo of cards)) which was a nice feature
  Ikeda

Hard Core Member

11/14/13 1:17:54 PM#27

Yea, BUT if you had that... I guarantee you it would be a RMT dream.  At least this way, by not trading, you allow people to have dust to make whatever cards they need.  That's how I built a couple of my decks.

While I understand trading, I don't see it as needed in here.  Because half the fun IS the grind for whatever deck you want.  (unless you're like me, build the deck, realize it doesn't play like you thought it would, and move on to another deck to try)

Zinzan

Advanced Member

11/15/13 11:27:06 AM#28
Originally posted by Ikeda

What did you expect?

/cheers

Spoken like someone I should have on my ignore list.  

Play the game before you make stupid statements.

TC,

I have been beating both Priests and Mages easily, but I understand your point.  Hunters/Warriors seem to get creamed by them.  Both of my Murloc decks are shut down by them (although the Paly one holds it own).

There's a reason Blizz gives you other formats to play.  If you were to play MtG, I would shut you down with my Jace deck.  Pissed everyone off.  So people built decks SPECIFICALLY to stop a Jace deck.  So someone else built a deck that would counter the stop deck.  It's the way card games work.  

I'm NOT sure, however, why you're complaining about board wipes though.  Paly has a good one, Rogues is no joke sick (esp. if you use a couple of spell power+ cards and wipe a board full of 5/5's... people lose their shit over that).  I don't play hunter though.  Their traps are annoying.  My murloc deck kills'm by turn 4/5 on avg.

P.S.  The trick to stopping mages, is to finish them early.   Don't let them get 2 fireballs in their hands.  Make sure to use counter and silence.  The trick to priests is to hit them early and not let them get more than 1 minion on the board.  Silence is ALSO useful here. 

There is a 2* Owl and a 4* (elf?) in the Neutrals you should use if you're having issues.

Put me on ignore all you want... It really doesn't change facts.

If my facts aren't your facts then eh, have fun being treated like a 10 years old.

You mean opinion, not fact. The fact is, this is your opinion.....and that is a fact.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

Dewulf

Advanced Member

OP  11/19/13 9:31:36 AM#29
The feeling when priest takes 2 cards from your deck and u get killed by your own weapon + card.
2 Pages « 1 2 Search