Trending Games | Trove | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | Marvel Heroes

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,871,466 Users Online:0
Games:744  Posts:6,254,500
Blizzard Entertainment | Play Now
TCG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/11/14)  | Pub:Blizzard Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Forum » General Discussion » Hearthstone on mobile devices

19 posts found
  Nadia

Elite Member

OP  10/23/13 3:43:51 PM#1

http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/197-fireside-chat-blizzcon-panel

• There is work on the Android version of Hearthstone. No time frame currently, but likely the second half of 2014.
  • iPhone will be getting its own version of Hearthstone in addition to the iPad.

On stage, Pardo showed a shot of the game running on an iPhone 5s.

i assume the ipad version is playable at Blizzcon

http://www.vg247.com/2013/11/08/hearthstone-screenshots-show-card-characters/

The game will go into open-beta next month and the tablet version is playable at the show today.

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/10311881341#13
    Hope it connects to the same account so you don't lose progress.

This is correct - if you are playing on your iPad, you will use your Battle.net account to log into Hearthstone. All of your progress is the same whether you are playing from the comfort of your own home or on the go on your iPad.

Sounds maybe stupid but the main reason for me to purchase an ipad is to be able to play Hearthstone with it, with the current progress which i have on my battle.net account.

Having the iPad version of Hearthstone connect with your Battle.net account so collections are shared across both devices is our current plan.

Hard Core Member

10/23/13 3:47:54 PM#2
Makes a lot of sense, a CCG is perfect for touch screen devices. Hopefully it will eventually launch for Android devices too.
  zevian

Elite Member

10/23/13 3:58:18 PM#3
I play it on my PC but its definately a game i would be more interested in on my android tablet.   Cant see it working on a phone too well, maybe a samsung note.
  expresso

Tipster

10/24/13 2:45:27 AM#4

Sadly I don't see Hearthstone coming to android, problem with android is there are some many more different sizes of tablets\phablets from 6" all the way up to 10.1", a whole bunch of different CPU's, GPU's, Ram and storage sizes, resolutions, pixel density and on top of that different version of the Android operating system.  One 7" tablet can be vastly different to another, a bottom of the bucket 7" runs a 480p screen a top of the line runs a 1080p screen and so on.

There are just 5 or so models of ipad so Hearthstone can be tested and\or modified on all to ensure it works as expected.

The only way I can see Blizzard supporting Android is if they only make it available on a certain family of Tablets such as the Kindle fire, Samsung Galaxy and the Google Nexus, that way they can test it to ensure it meet strict Blizzards QC critiria.

I am an Android fanboy as much as I am a blizz fanboy but sadly I don't see HS coming to Android.  Blizzard will keep saying they are considering other platforms but I can bet Android was off the table from the very start.

Nadia

Elite Member

OP  10/24/13 9:52:00 AM#5

an alternative

use a remote viewer w any mobile device

http://www.hearthpwn.com/forums/hearthstone-general/general-discussion/604-microsoft-surface-rt-and-surface-pro
I can confirm that hearthstone works great with -any- screen sharing software
I ONLY Play hearthstone on my iphone right now (using splashtop) works fantastically

http://www.splashtop.com/personal
Subscribe monthly for $1.99 or annually for $16.99

personally,

I prefer the ios for tablet gaming (many more games) but I use an android phone  (HTC One)

going to try splashtop after work w my phone

Nadia

Elite Member

OP  10/25/13 6:14:16 AM#6

i can't imagine anyone playing this on a mobile device unless it has at least a 7" screen or they know what the cards do already

otherwise splashtop is a decent option for playing on mobile

TheHavok

Apprentice Member

"Free crack and everybody gets laid."

10/25/13 6:20:26 AM#7
That is by far one of the coolest apps I have seen.  But I think i'll just wait for the ipad version to come out (wouldn't be surprised if it was very soon).  The beta is pretty solid on my PC and i'm 100% new to CCGs.
  Zinzan

Advanced Member

10/25/13 12:26:49 PM#8
Originally posted by Nadia

i can't imagine anyone playing this on a mobile device unless it has at least a 7" screen or they know what the cards do already

otherwise splashtop is a decent option for playing on mobile

MTG 2013 and 2014 worked surprisingly well on tablets, I have both on my ipad and they were/are awesome :)

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

Nadia

Elite Member

OP  10/25/13 12:43:28 PM#9

a poster, from one of the links above, says he plays on his iphone

an Iphone has a 4" screen  -- its doable but good luck reading the card text

TheHavok

Apprentice Member

"Free crack and everybody gets laid."

10/29/13 3:32:50 AM#10
Originally posted by Nadia

an alternative

use a remote viewer w any mobile device

http://www.hearthpwn.com/forums/hearthstone-general/general-discussion/604-microsoft-surface-rt-and-surface-pro
I can confirm that hearthstone works great with -any- screen sharing software
I ONLY Play hearthstone on my iphone right now (using splashtop) works fantastically

http://www.splashtop.com/personal
Subscribe monthly for $1.99 or annually for $16.99

personally,

I prefer the ios for tablet gaming (many more games) but I use an android phone  (HTC One)

going to try splashtop after work w my phone

At first I was going to wait but I decided to give this a shot and it works really well. Pretty damn cool app.

expresso

Tipster

10/29/13 6:39:07 AM#11
I gave it a whirl using splash ttop and my nexus 7, i think the screen is a lil to small IMHO.
  Dreamo84

Defender of Worlds

I actually still like MMORPGs

10/29/13 7:39:22 PM#12
Originally posted by expresso

Sadly I don't see Hearthstone coming to android, problem with android is there are some many more different sizes of tablets\phablets from 6" all the way up to 10.1", a whole bunch of different CPU's, GPU's, Ram and storage sizes, resolutions, pixel density and on top of that different version of the Android operating system.  One 7" tablet can be vastly different to another, a bottom of the bucket 7" runs a 480p screen a top of the line runs a 1080p screen and so on.

There are just 5 or so models of ipad so Hearthstone can be tested and\or modified on all to ensure it works as expected.

The only way I can see Blizzard supporting Android is if they only make it available on a certain family of Tablets such as the Kindle fire, Samsung Galaxy and the Google Nexus, that way they can test it to ensure it meet strict Blizzards QC critiria.

I am an Android fanboy as much as I am a blizz fanboy but sadly I don't see HS coming to Android.  Blizzard will keep saying they are considering other platforms but I can bet Android was off the table from the very start.

I was going to say pretty much the exact same thing. That's always been one of the biggest concerns for developers. While there is a bigger market in Android users, trying to reach all of them is really hard and you inevitably end up pissing off a lot of users for not supporting their device or they download the APP and it doesn't work right/at all.

Hell even on iOS you get idiots who download a game on their 3GS and complain it doesn't work when it clearly says "does not support older than iPhone 4". Then they rate it 1 star. This issue is magnified on Android.

I don't think we won't ever see it on Android, but it won't be until the game is really well established and proven itself and they have the extra resources to devout to the project.

At least that's how I feel in my opinion! 

zymurgeist

Advanced Member

10/29/13 9:04:49 PM#13
Seriously? Screw Apple. Wouldn't use their crap if you gave it to me free and paid me to.

"Strong and bitter words indicate a weak cause" ~Victor Hugo

rojoArcueid

Elite Member

"It is double pleasure to deceive the deceiver". - Niccolo Machiavelli

10/29/13 9:08:00 PM#14

looking forward to an android version...

...Period.

My endgame begins with character creation and ends with a new mmorpg

Arthasm

Hard Core Member

10/31/13 7:25:23 AM#15
There will be Android version, too. But, we need to wait as long as PC users wait for GTA V.
  braggy187

Novice Member

11/02/13 7:32:11 AM#16
Hoping they make a 'small' screen version, wanting to play it on my S3 whilst out of the house
  r01525029

Novice Member

11/03/13 2:28:33 AM#17
hello
  Nadia

Elite Member

OP  11/08/13 7:43:26 PM#18

updated the 1st post w blizzcon info

http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/197-fireside-chat-blizzcon-panel

• There is work on the Android version of Hearthstone. No time frame currently, but likely the second half of 2014.
  • iPhone will be getting its own version of Hearthstone in addition to the iPad.
  Amjoco

Elite Member

11/08/13 7:46:54 PM#19
Good. I don't want to use my precious PC playing time on this game. :)

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.