Trending Games | Moonrise | Crowfall | Cabal 2 | Guild Wars 2

Network:  RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,982,654 Users Online:0
Games:827  Posts:6,431,312
Frontier Developments | Official Site
MMORPG | Setting:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 2014)  | Pub:Frontier Developments
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Elite: Dangerous Forum » General Discussion » Elite Dangerous any feedback?

16 posts found
  Tindale111

Apprentice Member

OP  8/05/14 4:59:37 PM#1
Elite dangerous has gone beta ,any feedback on this game ,prob an nda on it but if someone can just say its great or not would like to know 
  jadzYa

Novice Member

8/05/14 5:33:45 PM#2

ArcheAge

General Discussion  » Elite Dangerous any feedback?  » Reply

No, you're definitely asking the question in the right game's forum. Don't allow anyone to tell you otherwise.

Intel Extreme Series Core i7 4820K
ASUS P9X79
2x G.SKILL RipjawsX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1866Mhz
2x EVGA GeForce GTX 660 SC SLI
Samsung 256GB 840 Pro

Drazo

Novice Member

8/06/14 3:23:51 AM#3
Originally posted by Tindale111
Elite dangerous has gone beta ,any feedback on this game ,prob an nda on it but if someone can just say its great or not would like to know 

There is no nda, if you search youtube you can find many vids on people playing it. 

Enjoy.

Caldrin

Advanced Member

8/06/14 3:26:16 AM#4

wrong part of the forum..

I have access to Elite Dangerous and if you liked the origionals you will love it. Still its only just gone into beta so quite a bit to go yet.

My 3D models
http://dragon3d.webs.com/

The.agG

Novice Member

8/06/14 3:50:32 AM#5

There is no NDA and there wasn't once since the Alpha.

I made a post answering this question for someone else last week so i am just gonna copypaste it here:

Originally posted by The.agG

I paid $150 to get into the Premium Beta which started months back (right now its the Standard Beta phase) which also included the lifetime expansion pass. Anyways, the game is definitely worth it for 60 Euros. It's insanely well polished for a Beta. Heck, it was even polished when the Alpha came out. The individual sounds of the different ships, the ambient effects throughout the galaxy and the crazy detailing they have put inside to simulate the Milky way in 1:1 size has made this game one of the best experiences in a game as a space fan.

Look at these videos for some example of the details they put in

Solar Flare recorded in-game time-accelerated

Planetary rings

Galaxy Map

Also, look at this guy's channel for some great videos

ZeeWolf

Just remember though that it's Beta before buying it. While the game is playable by every means right now, they are still experimenting the features. Last version was heavily oriented on combat for making money while the latest Standard Beta introduced tons of new systems leading to people roaming around finding the best trading routes and getting rich without much combat.

Wildstarrr

Novice Member

8/06/14 5:34:34 AM#6
Elite dangerous mobs has gone missing in the beta ,any feedback on this in the game ,prob an nda on it but if someone can just say its gone or not would like to know 

Can confirm they were missing but now are back.

cura

Tipster

8/07/14 7:42:05 AM#7
  Axxar

Advanced Member

"See how I reward those who fail me!"

8/07/14 4:13:59 PM#8

This guy gives his impressions from Beta 1: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lm_0S9hNMMc

He's incorrect on some of the details, however, and some of the features he talks about such as multicrew ships and planetary landings are planned for expansions and not release.

"Tiny clown, he got wet. I was talking to a psychic and I can't sleep in the ozone. There are too many different peanuts, looking sad.

Saxx0n

PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.

8/07/14 5:45:57 PM#9

carebears in space...

read their forums and you will see

Bladestrom

Elite Member

8/07/14 5:58:52 PM#10
Gankdonkeys hav Eve, pray this is more 'carebears' friendly so both types if player finally have a home and don't annoy each other eh :)

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

DocBrody

Apprentice Member

8/07/14 6:19:37 PM#11

yeah, it has no content and almost no gameplay.

you can fly between some almost identical looking systems and buy/sell wares in two types of identical looking stations.

And shoot at some NPCs, which is rather pointless.

No planets landing no getting out the cockpot either

this is no where near a feature complete beta, I'd say it's more like a developer demo

Betaguy

Novice Member

Some folks are like Slinkies, totally useless but great fun to watch when pushed down stairs

8/07/14 6:28:12 PM#12
Originally posted by DocBrody

you can fly between some almost identical looking systems and buy/sell wares in two types of identical looking stations.

this is no where near a feature complete beta, I'd say it's more like a developer demo

^Truth

Bladestrom

Elite Member

8/07/14 6:28:55 PM#13
That's not what I just watched in the linked videos above doc

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

DanitaKusor

Hard Core Member

8/07/14 9:05:13 PM#14
Originally posted by Betaguy

^Truth

Not entirely.

1) The game currently has trading, bounty hunting, piracy, PvP, random missions as content. The base gameplay is complete in that you can fly your ship around and shoot at stuff and fly from planet to planet and also within a limited group of 55 star systems.

2) The star systems are very different. Space is obviously very similar and stars are big balls of different coloured fire (occasionally with flares going off) but there is a lot of variety in the actual systems available include some with multiple stars, gas giants, ringed planets, water worlds, earth-like worlds, rocky moons, asteroid fields, etc. Not sure what you were expecting.

There are at least 5 different station types that I have encountered. The base one that you see in the starter system and then 4 different variations of a wheeled station (one with multiple wheels, one with 1 wheel, one with these fin things at the back, and the one with the posh interior (palm trees around your docking platform!).

3) You can shoot at NPCs either as a pirate or to collect bounties. You can also shoot at other players if you are so inclined. The game also have multiple combat areas where a NPC battle is being fought out and you can show up, pick a faction and blast some fighters.

4) This is correct there is no planetary landings or getting out and walking around stations (or your ship). These are planned to be included in expansions, not in the base game, so won't be showing up in the beta.

That said, I'd agree the current beta is definitely not complete, but it does contain as much content as was in the old Elite games. It is missing a lot of ships (currently 8 of 25 included). It is missing passenger transport, exploration, mining, most of the galaxy (well it's there but we can't access it yet) and a vast amount of planned content. But anyone that is a fan of the Elite series will not be disappointed in the beta as it stands.

The Enlightened take things Lightly

rpmcmurphy

Advanced Member

8/07/14 11:30:39 PM#15

Was it ever claimed that this was a feature complete beta? No.

List of features yet to be put in game - https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=19639

DanitaKusor

Hard Core Member

8/08/14 4:45:28 AM#16

And I'm up to 6 different station types now with the discovery of the wheel orbital station with no wheel in LFT 880.

Edit: Better make that 7, as there is another different type of station in Ross 1051.

The Enlightened take things Lightly