Trending Games | Pirate101 | World of Warcraft | EverQuest | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,899,750 Users Online:0
Games:751  Posts:6,268,451
Frontier Developments | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Development  (est.rel 2014)  | Pub:Frontier Developments
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:$26.00 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Elite: Dangerous Forum » General Discussion » My Fear for this game

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
23 posts found
  User Deleted
7/30/14 3:27:14 PM#21
Originally posted by mayito7777
Originally posted by Dihoru
In couple of months this is going to be EVE online 2 gankfest, abuse and bullying.

Let me guess: The NPCs "griefed" you and when you went to the forums to complain about "griefers" you got laughed at.

No smarty pants, everyone knows that this game is going to become Eve Online 2.

EVE is an MMO, Elite is a P2P pseudo-MMO with instances capped at, at most, 32 players with ping based matchmaking, absolutely no territory control, minimal industry (so far, may change but donno) and unlike EVE the PVP will be rare not be virtue of mechanics but sheer size of the bloody map... High Sec in Elite is bigger by an order of magnitude than the entire of EVE with 0.0, wormhole space and low sec as well as high sec. Sure PVP will exist but good f-ing luck tracking people across such a gigantic map with no actual locator agents and the possibility of players being able to turn off their IFFs in terms of players being distinguishable from NPCs.

This is not mentioning solo offline, solo online and private group options for Elite.

Smarty pants knows his shit, maybe you should study the issue before "knowing" anything and claiming to represent a group.

mayito7777

Hard Core Member

7/31/14 9:59:13 AM#22
In couple of months this is going to be EVE online 2 gankfest, abuse and bullying.

Let me guess: The NPCs "griefed" you and when you went to the forums to complain about "griefers" you got laughed at.

EVE is an MMO, Elite is a P2P pseudo-MMO with instances capped at, at most, 32 players with ping based matchmaking, absolutely no territory control, minimal industry (so far, may change but donno) and unlike EVE the PVP will be rare not be virtue of mechanics but sheer size of the bloody map... High Sec in Elite is bigger by an order of magnitude than the entire of EVE with 0.0, wormhole space and low sec as well as high sec. Sure PVP will exist but good f-ing luck tracking people across such a gigantic map with no actual locator agents and the possibility of players being able to turn off their IFFs in terms of players being distinguishable from NPCs.

This is not mentioning solo offline, solo online and private group options for Elite.

Smarty pants knows his shit, maybe you should study the issue before "knowing" anything and claiming to represent a group.

Read the title of the topic smart person you, the OP is speaking about his fear, I posted what my fear is, my fear is that this game is going to be EVE Online 2, period, so smart that amazes me your head has not exploded of such awesomeness in you. (English is not my native language so I have to use words that may not express the point. )

User Deleted
7/31/14 10:13:58 AM#23

Read the title of the topic smart person you, the OP is speaking about his fear, I posted what my fear is, my fear is that this game is going to be EVE Online 2, period, so smart that amazes me your head has not exploded of such awesomeness in you. (English is not my native language so I have to use words that may not express the point. )

May I suggest then that learning the difference between "everyone knows that this game is going to become" and "everyone fears this may become". FYI: Romanian, born and raised so stop trying to mask your intent under the guise of inadequate grammar.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search