Fortnite players have a bunch of new things to try out with the latest update to the online test client. Those lucky enough to be participating in the alpha can now check out beefed up heroes complete with new and overhauled abilities; try out the new quest system; locate and upgrade outposts in the game world; and experience a new tutorial system.
- All Heroes have been revamped with brand-new updated gadgets and ability trees!
- All Heroes now have three active abilities and brand new passive abilities.
- Hero ability unlocks and ability progression has changed to use a new format :
- From levels 1 to 10, Heroes unlock a fixed set of abilities and bonus.
- Each level from 11 to 20, Heroes unlock one skill point to spend on their ability tree. Most abilities cost 1 point to unlock, while a few powerful ones cost 2.
- There are now 4 ability lines with 5 abilities each in the Hero ability trees.
- All Hero classes now have upgrades available for their Home Base buildings.
- Hero abilities now apply and benefit from status modifications (Detailed below the Hero section).
- See the Heroes section below for a list of the new active abilities with some pictures!
You can read the full update notes on the Fortnite site.