Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | Marvel Heroes | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,736,205 Users Online:0
Games:712  Posts:6,173,753
Ubisoft Massive | Official Site
MMOTPS | Genre:Real Life | Status:Development  (est.rel 2015)  | Pub:UBISoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Division Forum » General Discussion » New "Division" vid: The future of graphics

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 Search
100 posts found
  muffins89

Novice Member

12/10/13 3:19:25 AM#81
Originally posted by adderVXI
Hell they sold one console on this video.....

I think the prostitute mod corrupted your game files man. -elhefen

tawess

Elite Member

WoWWARCoh/vSWGEveProject entropia

12/10/13 4:36:43 AM#82

Now since we have pretty much flogged the subject at hand in to glue...

What will really grind my gears is if that car that was on fire outside the police station is always on fire... Why would anyone go back over and over again and build a fire in that precise car...? What kind of sense does that make. If they manage to make that dynamic then we can start talking next gen... Sure it is very fancy that the smoke interact with my *bleep* as i wave it around... But if they can not make small things like a burning car make sense... What is the point.

After all we have AI fish now... So how hard can it be to make a AI fire.

This have been a good conversation

tom_gore

Apprentice Member

12/10/13 4:40:57 AM#83
Originally posted by Chattaway
and the PC master race finally realizes its the consoles that advance game engines :) in 7 years why have we never had a pc dev make this weather system or level of detail? it takes a next gen console, division is only added to pc now because people asked for it and ubisoft decided to allow it, i doubt it will come out at same time prob a month or two later to make it exclusive to consoles.

No advances in game engines have been made that haven't been there for years already. What you probably mean is that it's the consoles that make creating games with those engines finally viable.

Are we (as the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race) pissed? Yes, slightly, because we also know we are stuck with the "next-gen" for the next 5-10 years again, but at least it's a leap forward that has been long overdue now.

But we are also happy, because now the next gen games are being made and the best platform to run those games will still be PC. You Filthy Console Peasants can have your 720p and 30 FPS. Hell, you can even keep your 1080p and 60 FPS with the few titles that support it, while we start moving to 1440p and/or 120FPS, and in a few years to 4k and beyond.

You know what I think? I think you're just jelly because we are getting Division, too ;)

Jean-Luc_Picard

Elite Member

There... are... four... lights!

12/10/13 6:58:06 AM#84
and the PC master race finally realizes its the consoles that advance game engines :) in 7 years why have we never had a pc dev make this weather system or level of detail? it takes a next gen console, division is only added to pc now because people asked for it and ubisoft decided to allow it, i doubt it will come out at same time prob a month or two later to make it exclusive to consoles.

It's more like the advanced game engines are first developed on PCs since they will always have the most advanced hardware, and then are adapted to consoles once those have caught up with the actual technology.

And anyone disputing that PCs have the most advanced hardware aren't even worth paying attention to. The actualy hardware of those new PS4 and XBox One is completely crushed by any modern gaming PC, and you don't even need the best processor and graphic card for that.

Playing now: Archeage, WoW, Landmark, GW2

Top 3 MMORPGs played: UO, AC1 and WoW

Honorable mentions: AO, LotRO and GW2.

"The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn. After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that neither does the ability to write.

darkhigh

Apprentice Member

12/10/13 7:07:13 AM#85
Looks good for a console but this is not photo realism. This kind of statement brings back memories of half life 2's first trailers. Everyone was amazed at the major changes, and now a few years later it still looks decent but its meh comapared to what has come out since then. This will be exactly the same, it always is.
  Foomerang

Elite Member

A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still

12/10/13 7:33:46 AM#86

Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard

Originally posted by Chattaway and the PC master race finally realizes its the consoles that advance game engines :) in 7 years why have we never had a pc dev make this weather system or level of detail? it takes a next gen console, division is only added to pc now because people asked for it and ubisoft decided to allow it, i doubt it will come out at same time prob a month or two later to make it exclusive to consoles.
It's more like the advanced game engines are first developed on PCs since they will always have the most advanced hardware, and then are adapted to consoles once those have caught up with the actual technology.

And anyone disputing that PCs have the most advanced hardware aren't even worth paying attention to. The actualy hardware of those new PS4 and XBox One is completely crushed by any modern gaming PC, and you don't even need the best processor and graphic card for that.

well if you're gonna get technical, personal computers do not have the most advanced hardware ;)

If you thought the events were dynamic, you'll think the stories are living.

lizardbones

Elite Member

I've become dependent upon spell check. My apologies for stupid grammatical errors.

12/10/13 7:46:51 AM#87

Originally posted by Chattaway and the PC master race finally realizes its the consoles that advance game engines :) in 7 years why have we never had a pc dev make this weather system or level of detail? it takes a next gen console, division is only added to pc now because people asked for it and ubisoft decided to allow it, i doubt it will come out at same time prob a month or two later to make it exclusive to consoles.

This is actually true. Nobody writes a game on a console.

When people are all like, "Then why do console graphics look so good?" It's because developers have years and years to optimize the graphics engines to get the most out of the chips. That's why that demo you posted can look so good on an AMD x1800 card with 256MB of ram. The developers were able to write dozens of custom shaders and tweak the application to get every last bit of performance out of that card. It couldn't do anything else beyond that scripted demo, but it was able to look really good. With enough time developers get to the point that they can make things look really good and run games on weaker hardware that has fewer built in features.

For every large, complex problem, there is a simple, clear solution that also happens to be absolutely wrong.

Phry

Elite Member

12/10/13 7:52:13 AM#88
Originally posted by Foomerang

well if you're gonna get technical, personal computers do not have the most advanced hardware ;)

when advances to the hardware are made though, its usually straight to PC, but that doesnt take away the fact that the 'next gen' consoles are at 'best' the equivalent of mid range PC's, though with the Xbone's useage of DDR3 for graphics, im not sure 'next gen' is really applicable, especially when you consider the Xbone doesnt actually have higher definition than the Xbox 360, same resolution in fact 1280x720. which pretty much puts it on the same par as your average laptop, though most of them even are able to handle 1440x 900.
 To me it seems like the limitations of the Xbone are going to be holding back games until the next generation, again, although with the PS4 outselling the Xbone, its possible we might see some improvement, but again, we're seeing limits of 1920 x 1080 even with the PS4.
Its only a matter of time before there's another advance in GPU's etc available for the PC, and once again we're going to have the problem of the consoles just not being able to handle games that are on PC, which means the 'mass market' that usually develops games multiplatform for PC/Consoles, is going to focus on the lowest denominator, in terms of hardware. With few taking the risk of developing for PC, barring MMO's perhaps, which are really the domain of the PC.

daltanious

Elite Member

12/10/13 7:53:48 AM#89
What OP suggested looks to me more like some regular video trailer for game that ALWAYS looks better then ACTUAL GAMEPLAY. There were present FEW SECONDS of gameplay for which I'm not even sure if was ACTUAL gameplay at all. I will believe when i see actualy gameplay with all HUD elements.
  Foomerang

Elite Member

12/10/13 7:55:39 AM#90

Originally posted by Phry

It's more like the advanced game engines are first developed on PCs since they will always have the most advanced hardware, and then are adapted to consoles once those have caught up with the actual technology.   And anyone disputing that PCs have the most advanced hardware aren't even worth paying attention to. The actualy hardware of those new PS4 and XBox One is completely crushed by any modern gaming PC, and you don't even need the best processor and graphic card for that.
when advances to the hardware are made though, its usually straight to PC, but that doesnt take away the fact that the 'next gen' consoles are at 'best' the equivalent of mid range PC's, though with the Xbone's useage of DDR3 for graphics, im not sure 'next gen' is really applicable, especially when you consider the Xbone doesnt actually have higher definition than the Xbox 360, same resolution in fact 1280x720. which pretty much puts it on the same par as your average laptop, though most of them even are able to handle 1440x 900. To me it seems like the limitations of the Xbone are going to be holding back games until the next generation, again, although with the PS4 outselling the Xbone, its possible we might see some improvement, but again, we're seeing limits of 1920 x 1080 even with the PS4.Its only a matter of time before there's another advance in GPU's etc available for the PC, and once again we're going to have the problem of the consoles just not being able to handle games that are on PC, which means the 'mass market' that usually develops games multiplatform for PC/Consoles, is going to focus on the lowest denominator, in terms of hardware. With few taking the risk of developing for PC, barring MMO's perhaps, which are really the domain of the PC.

How many actual games does this affect you, personally? I call bullshit on all you guys lol. Seriously, you are your own worst enemy when it comes to gaming. Refuse to play something because of a controller or lower resolution? lol come on. Same people saying that are the ones that gloat about their 5 dollar deal they got on steam from some game that came out ten years ago. Double standard imho.

Kasp3r

Apprentice Member

12/10/13 8:02:22 AM#91
Would be nice if we could see these graphics in gameplay footage
  Foomerang

Elite Member

12/10/13 8:04:53 AM#92

Originally posted by Kasp3r

DocBrody

Advanced Member

12/10/13 8:29:21 AM#93

Originally posted by Kasp3r

woah this is crazy.. Next gen has arrived I guess

DocBrody

Advanced Member

12/10/13 8:35:18 AM#94

Yeah Ubisoft is top dog right now in the graphics dept. Snowdrop engine is crazy good. They are slowly testing the mmo waters with each new game, adding more and more players online in their worlds. I predict this gen, Ubisoft announces a full on mmorpg. Then half the current mmo devs will just give up lol.

Damn imagine they would make a Star Wars MMO.

OMG lots of MMOs will go down now that this kind of tech sets the new standards.

LOL @ SWTOR  for example... looks like a piece out of a museum in comparison, not even mentioning WoW

The Division and Star Citizen are setting the new MMO standards right now 

DMKano

Elite Member

12/10/13 8:54:44 AM#95

It looks nice - BUT this is all a marketing demo. E3 was a small area and all played by devs.

We know almost zip about technical features of SnowDrop.

Does it support tesselatation and displacment mapping?

Parallax occlusion maps? Subsurface scattering?

All of these (and dozens of others) are all supported by CryEngine3.5, and you can see a full feature list on wiki and Crytek site.

CryEngine 4 will have full DX12 support.

I would love to see technical features list of Snow Drop, why are they so secretive on those?

Also destructibility shown on glass - CryEngine 3 has had this for a while (bullet holes through glass with shatter). 

I'd love to see what other capabilities Snow Drop has as far as physics, they have not shown any trees falling down when trunk is cut (like CryEngine) - just tires popping and glass breaking.

We can't assume that it can do other physics without seeing them.

C1d0s

Novice Member

"Behind every successful man is a woman, behind her is his wife." ~ Groucho Marx

12/10/13 9:05:52 AM#96

I like how everyone is posting the E3 Press Demo as actual gameplay graphics.

You guys realize that shit is staged, always looks better than ACTUAL in-game footage, and has the sole purpose of selling the game, right?

It won't look like that when it actually releases. Close, but not this "AMG PHOTOREELIZM". Just look at - I don't know - almost any E3 demo, they're all far better than what was / is released.

Marketing hype. Eat it all up.

( Hint: I actually like the game, though. Looks fun. )

lizardbones

Elite Member

I've become dependent upon spell check. My apologies for stupid grammatical errors.

12/10/13 10:05:21 AM#97

Originally posted by C1d0s
I like how everyone is posting the E3 Press Demo as actual gameplay graphics.

You guys realize that shit is staged, always looks better than ACTUAL in-game footage, and has the sole purpose of selling the game, right?

It won't look like that when it actually releases. Close, but not this "AMG PHOTOREELIZM". Just look at - I don't know - almost any E3 demo, they're all far better than what was / is released.

Marketing hype. Eat it all up.

( Hint: I actually like the game, though. Looks fun. )

There is actual game play footage, from back in June or July. It starts at about 1:09 in the video. The actual game play footage looks pretty good.

Oops. Foomerang already posted this. :-)

For every large, complex problem, there is a simple, clear solution that also happens to be absolutely wrong.

Drakynn

Novice Member

12/10/13 10:59:09 AM#98

How many actual games does this affect you, personally? I call bullshit on all you guys lol. Seriously, you are your own worst enemy when it comes to gaming. Refuse to play something because of a controller or lower resolution? lol come on. Same people saying that are the ones that gloat about their 5 dollar deal they got on steam from some game that came out ten years ago. Double standard imho.

Insult and exaggerate much?Just because these things don't matter to you doesn't mean they are inconsequential to others.

Also it's more accurate to say that AAA Games are now starting using better engines because the install base of people using machines(PC and Console) that can run them are now financially viable to develop for or are foreseen to be in the near future.The advancements that those engines are now using have been around for years.No one sector of the market be it xbox,playstation or PC is large enough on it's own to drive Third Party AAA game publishers to spend money on making technically advanced game engines like the one discussed in this thread unless subsidized by Sony or Microsoft like they do first party devs.

Some of you come off as arrogant as the so called PC Master Race elitists.

Distopia

Drifter

"what a boring life, HATING everything" -Gorilla Biscuits

12/10/13 11:19:05 AM#99

You missed the point, it's the power of the consoles that dictate what tech becomes common in gaming. They're the threshold by which tech in gaming evolves. THere are few exceptions to this as PC gaming has far fewer exclusive titles than it did years ago.

We can go on and on about PC's having more technical capability, it's a moot point when 90% of the projects out there will not utilize it.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

It is a sign of a defeated man, to attack at ones character in the face of logic and reason

Foomerang

Elite Member

12/10/13 5:04:34 PM#100

Originally posted by Drakynn

Originally posted by Foomerang How many actual games does this affect you, personally? I call bullshit on all you guys lol. Seriously, you are your own worst enemy when it comes to gaming. Refuse to play something because of a controller or lower resolution? lol come on. Same people saying that are the ones that gloat about their 5 dollar deal they got on steam from some game that came out ten years ago. Double standard imho.  
Insult and exaggerate much?Just because these things don't matter to you doesn't mean they are inconsequential to others.

Also it's more accurate to say that AAA Games are now starting using better engines because the install base of people using machines(PC and Console) that can run them are now financially viable to develop for or are foreseen to be in the near future.The advancements that those engines are now using have been around for years.No one sector of the market be it xbox,playstation or PC is large enough on it's own to drive Third Party AAA game publishers to spend money on making technically advanced game engines like the one discussed in this thread unless subsidized by Sony or Microsoft like they do first party devs.

Some of you come off as arrogant as the so called PC Master Race elitists.

Its not arrogance, I'm just tired of hearing people attribute the decline of gaming to an overblown theory. I cant seem to find anyone to show me a video game for pc that looks better than The Division. I really want to see that. And not some tech demo or thousand dollar flight sim software. Id also like to know which games that people are actually playing that they feel are being held back by their console counterparts. Id also like to know why these same people are rallying for more streamlined combat on one hand, and in the other hating on console mmos because they dont have enough buttons (never mind the fact that you can map 40+ button combos easily on a gamepad, which is more than most bloated mmos).

Sorry if i came off harsh.

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 Search