Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,923,626 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,317,174
Adventure World Studios LLC | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/01/13)  | Pub:Adventure World Studios LLC
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Hammers End Forum » General Discussion » Anyone tried this?

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
50 posts found
  Myrdynn

Advanced Member

7/04/14 1:03:07 PM#41

anyone playing this?  I just saw an add on main page and never heard of it

alastor44

Novice Member

Trapped in time.Surrounded by evil.Low on gas.

7/17/14 6:10:37 PM#42

I played the trial, 2 days or something, and got to 24 and managed to craft a pair of leather gloves for my druid. I crafting is addicting actually. My gloves required me to roll a 26 out of 5 dice at the same time... took me awhile to craft to say the least but was extremely rewarding when I finally crafted a pair. Someone also told me the crafted gloves I managed to make are what you use to get into raiding.

The combat is simple but fun. The graphics are pretty good. The sound is bland, there is only sound effects with no music. Thankfully there is spotify. The quests are your generic kill this kill that type. Skills auto level as you level, so that is nice. Monsters are not your walk in the park though, they hit pretty hard and you cannot really run away, they walk as fast as you!

So far I am having a blast so I payed my $15 to play it some more. Overall a really good game that needs more attention from people. Honestly, $15 isn't much for this game, it is worth it. Back to crafting and leveling!

Waiting for:
Diablo 3 Seasonal Ladders
Warlords of Draenor

cmorris975

Advanced Member

7/23/14 12:19:45 AM#43
It's a surprisingly good, simple game that reminds me a lot of early EQ 1.  I subbed.
  DMKano

Elite Member

7/23/14 12:47:46 AM#44

Why isnt's there any info on the company behind this?

I'd like to know who are they, where is their datacenter - what platform is used for payment processing etc...

This might not matter to many - but it does to me - I just want to make sure this isn't a 2 person project that could go away at any point and has no future.

flizzer

Hard Core Member

7/23/14 1:03:48 AM#45
This is a bizarre thread. it almost seems as if the developers are going out of their way to hide the game.  Ive just heard about it through this thread and now I am intrigued.
  cmorris975

Advanced Member

7/23/14 9:49:57 AM#46

They are using Paypal for payment.  They have no financial backing as far as I know, so that may be why you don't see much of a web presence for this (yet).  My guess is this is a project of passion for them and they are spending their time developing the game.  It is quite a large world for a small team to have made, seems like a ton of work.

I heard from a player in game who talked to a dev that they have the means to keep the game going and hosted for 50 years independently and that they plan to expand the world through building giant underground dungeon complexes, instead of adding continents as that would spread out chance PvP encounters too much.  Very cool, if this is true.

Mad+Dog

Advanced Member

7/23/14 10:20:49 AM#47
dl'ing now. 

F2Pelerin118

Apprentice Member

7/23/14 1:52:38 PM#48

I remember playing this about a year ago, I was really surprised to see an ad for it on this site.

I enjoyed it well enough, I'm gonna download and play it again - see how it's progressed.

Vlorg

Apprentice Member

7/26/14 3:03:42 AM#49

just dl'd it and tried it.

extremly quick download, no installation... couldn't be easier and faster to get into the game... and you have a 24 hour free trial.

I level'd up a paladin up to lvl 16 in about 2 hour, that's including some time collecting mats for tradeskill. Level'ing up is pretty quick, you can likley reach lvl 50 in that 24 hour trial... Tradeskill however ( weaponcrafting and armorcrafting) appear to be a decent time sink ( very few ressource node). It could be problematic if the game had more than 5 or 6 player online at once.

Gameplay: pretty basic. you start out with 6 abilities... and don't get any new abilities, as far as I saw. you kill lvl 1 mob the exact same way you kill lvl 16 mob.

Questing: Every town are buildt the same way. 1 binder, 1 travel guy, 1 merchant, 1 quest NPC, 1 tradeskill trainer. each town except the very first one had 2 quest ;  go kill some stuff few step out of the town.

First dungeon is at lvl 30, will have to push atleast there to see and judge it.

there's 2 lvl 50 in-game currently, Shroomy and Nightfall... they won't admit it, but I have a feeling they are the dev playing their own game. ( and being quite helpful / chatty with new people).

at the end of the day... likely not Worth 15 buck a month ( it is a subscription.. no matter how they phrase it... pay them 15 bucks, have access to the server for 30 day.. wether you are online or not.... only difference is, you have to pay via paypal, can't have automatic payment via credit card...)

Spluffen

Novice Member

11/01/14 8:46:43 PM#50

I tried the trial out and I fell in love with everything about the game except the fact that I seemed to  be the only person online (at least according to /who all).

I would love to play this game but not alone, it's a multiiplayer game after all, is anyone interested in playing? Already playing and I missed you online?

It's such a shame a game like this has no players. Just typical when I find exactly what I'm looking for.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search