Trending Games | ArcheAge | Destiny | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,316 Users Online:0
Games:740  Posts:6,239,323
Hex (H)
Cryptozoic Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Beta Testing  (est.rel 2014)  | Pub:Cryptozoic Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC Mac Mobile Devices iOS Android | Out of date info? Let us know!

Hex Forum » General Discussion » We like Hex and we don't care who knows!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
25 posts found
  Dralon

Novice Member

6/25/13 1:22:44 AM#21

Many people interested in Hex are forming guilds and have been building that social aspect over the last month, through sharing ideas, articles, dedicated youtube channels and guild websites.  It is the same social aspect you see in other MMO's where your companions are online, not across the table....so it's different, but still very social.

Personally the digital card aspect is the easiest to accept. I would rather have hundreds of dollars in digital cards that I can play with friends online, than thousands of dollars of cardboard sitting in my closet that I can't play, because of lack of players or interest.

Margulis

Advanced Member

6/25/13 1:24:42 AM#22
First thing I backed on Kickstarter - pretty excited.  Also glad they added it to the game list.
  Ginaz

Elite Member

6/25/13 2:16:33 AM#23
Originally posted by redcapp

For me personally, the whole point of a card game or tabletop game is to sit around a table with friends.. loses its appeal without that social aspect.  /shrug

Cool that such an innovative project is garnering so much enthusiastic support, though.  I'm probably going to try it up until I feel I need to spend money.. won't be buying digital cards.

I've mentioned this before, but not everyone can play whenever they want with their friends.  Many people who are into TCG's can't or no longer want to leave their home and go sit down for a few hours and play.  They may only have a certain amount of time each week they can set aside.  An online TCG allows people to play when they want, for how long they want.  It's not a hard concept to grasp.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

SvennEthir

Novice Member

7/06/13 11:17:19 AM#24

Not only is it easier to find people to play with... but the things they can do with the digital aspect are awesome. They have said many times they really want to explore the digital side of things so we'll see all sorts of cool stuff that just aren't feasible in a physical TCG.

Also, the PvE side of things is sounding pretty awesome.

svennethir Xfire Miniprofile
  Loktofeit

Elite Member

Currently playing EVE, SMITE, Project Gorgon, and Combat Arms

7/06/13 11:30:17 AM#25
Originally posted by Ridrith
I just can't get excited over a digital card game, I'd prefer to have tangible merchandise that I can hold in my hand when I throw down money for a game such as this one.

I guess it's all how one looks at it. For me, it's an MMO with TCG gameplay. I guess if I looked at it in the light of an online CCG, I'd probably have the same view as you.

"And wikipedia is as accurate as Britannica. Wikipedia is very reliable. You would be hard pressed to find a more reliable source for these kinds of things." -fivoroth

2 Pages « 1 2 Search