Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Guild Wars 2 | Elder Scrolls Online | EverQuest

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,737 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,296,232
Behaviour Interactive | Official Site
MMOTPS | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Development  (est.rel 2015)  | Pub:Behaviour Interactive
Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search
42 posts found
  Datawarlock

Advanced Member

5/17/14 8:01:18 PM#21
Originally posted by Solar_Prophet

You mean it's not an MMO to you, meaning it doesn't fit your personal definition of what the (very broad) term MMO means. Also, it seems as though you're a bit ignorant of exactly what the game is going to be, at least according to what the devs have said & shown so far. Might want to read up on something before trying to include / exclude it from being covered under your own personal definitions of various industry terms.

Also, the gas you're breathing? It's not air. To me, air consists of 75% oxygen. The gas on this planet consists of ~78% oxygen, therefore it isn't air.

Making up definitions is fun!

Yeah, zombifying this one =P

But at any rate, I'm not sure what planet you're on, as the air HERE is ~78% nitrogen. You must sleep a LOT.

p.s.

I was bored, saw it, and trolled it. Don't hold it against me.

Solar_Prophet

Hard Core Member

WAAAGH!

5/17/14 8:22:14 PM#22
Originally posted by loopback1199

You mean it's not an MMO to you, meaning it doesn't fit your personal definition of what the (very broad) term MMO means. Also, it seems as though you're a bit ignorant of exactly what the game is going to be, at least according to what the devs have said & shown so far. Might want to read up on something before trying to include / exclude it from being covered under your own personal definitions of various industry terms.

Also, the gas you're breathing? It's not air. To me, air consists of 75% oxygen. The gas on this planet consists of ~78% oxygen, therefore it isn't air.

But at any rate, I'm not sure what planet you're on, as the air HERE is ~78% nitrogen. You must sleep a LOT.

p.s.

Hah! Yeah, forgot about this one. Meant to say nitrogen. That's what happens when you try to be a smartass on 3 hours of sleep I guess.

Example of a common core math problem: If you have four pencils and seven apples, how many pancakes will fit on the roof? Purple. Because aliens don't wear hats.

Carnage2K4

Novice Member

5/25/14 1:07:56 AM#23

Jesus, this thread is just a miasma of ignorance...

It's open persistent world, 30 minutes to walk one side to the other, for a single area, before you get a load screen.

4 initial classes, all with RPG elements.

Hundreds of players in each area, potential 4 way battles.

It has the genera RPG and the prefix MMO written all over it.

Originally posted by loopback1199

p.s.

Hah! Yeah, forgot about this one. Meant to say nitrogen. That's what happens when you try to be a smartass on 3 hours of sleep I guess.

Also... Air is just a mixture of O, N, H etc... hence 78% O or 78% N would still be air...

Mors.Magne

Novice Member

5/25/14 11:27:54 AM#24
In my opinion, it is going to be an MMO, it's just that it's not going to be a very good one!
  Hatefull

Hard Core Member

Your tears make my gun work better.

5/27/14 8:42:44 AM#25

Originally posted by Cantorage
Looks like there is no persistent world, just a lobby-based arena shooter, so IMO it shouldn't have a section here.

Unless there's something I'm missing.

Did you do any type of research on this game at all before you ran your mouth? Seldom have I seen one post so full of ignorance having said so few words. You are truly a bad forum member, you should be given a 3 day ban to think about how stupid of a statement you just made, and when you come back offer a full apology.

You sir are the definition of ignorant poster.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

Knotwood

Apprentice Member

6/12/14 10:07:10 AM#26
This was bound to happen, FPS take front seat to MMORPG's these days and what better way to bring in some new eyes and revenue.   I used to always play SOCOM fps while playing EQOA.   Guess you could consider both an MMO,  They should make clear what the hell a MMOTPS is though, since I doubt many MMORPG fans even know what those initials stand for.
  MarkAnd81

Apprentice Member

6/13/14 10:30:35 PM#27
Honestly, I would be happy with just a Warhammer skinned Planetside 2, which is what the game sounds like. If they deliver on that, and improve the RPG elements, the game will sell like hotcakes.
  OrkGrimskull

Apprentice Member

6/15/14 2:45:06 PM#28
Originally posted by MarkAnd81
Honestly, I would be happy with just a Warhammer skinned Planetside 2, which is what the game sounds like. If they deliver on that, and improve the RPG elements, the game will sell like hotcakes.

Heh, not to mention all the money they would make from players purchasing things from the EC in-game store. I think they are already set to make a killing based on the current hype + game format + profit model they plan to use. 

Reklaw

Advanced Member

The adult I am takes care of most things real life. However my inner-child is a GAMER!!

6/15/14 2:58:45 PM#29

Looks like there is no persistent world, just a lobby-based arena shooter, so IMO it shouldn't have a section here.

Will the world be instanced?

The PvP gameplay of Eternal Crusade takes place primarily an open world, without any instancing. Our PvE game modes take place in instanced dungeons and hives below the surface of the planet, but you get to them by finding them in the open world and entering. There may be further use of instancing in the game, but it should generally be the exception rather than the rule. http://legacy.eternalcrusade.com/faq

Seems MMO enough for me and I truly hope they can make it happen. Just look at most common PVP complaints "Bleh need to do quest to get to PVP" This game seems to turn it around with PVP first and PVE second.

Zzulu

Apprentice Member

King of Nerds

6/24/14 8:06:44 AM#30

Like others have pointed out, it seems you missed a lot.

The devs have claimed at least that it is going to be a fully open and persistent world. If you have played any of the Planetside games you will know what type of world to expect

User Deleted
6/24/14 8:19:39 AM#31
Originally posted by Eir_S
Originally posted by forcelima

You didn't get the memo everything that has a multiplayer feature is called an mmo now, look at all the people that call mobas like LoL and DotA mmos

Bleh.  Sadly, you're 100% correct.

Sadly incorrect...persistence does not equate a world, that's just the most popular version of it but to use a cliche: we are all a world unto ourselves.

BlackWatch

Novice Member

licensed to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

7/06/14 2:43:44 AM#32

Not saying that a game has to have these features to be an MMORPG, but... I am curious about WH40k...

Intro/Starting zones with lore and history?

Character classes and roles?

Personal questlines and class-based/'your story' content?

Quest hubs and area-centric/zone-based storylines?

Player vs NPC?

Player groups vs dungeons (raiding)?

Large sprawling faction cities, bases, etc.,  that are alive... not just buildings/structures that are obstacles for combat?

In game economy?

Crafting?

PvE and PvP?

Can players choose to PvE only?

Mounts?

Custom armor?

Custom player appearances?

grigdusher

Advanced Member

7/06/14 9:33:56 AM#33
Originally posted by BlackWatch

Not saying that a game has to have these features to be an MMORPG, but... I am curious about WH40k...

Player vs NPC?

Large sprawling faction cities, bases, etc.,  that are alive... not just buildings/structures that are obstacles for combat?

In game economy?

Crafting?

PvE and PvP?

Mounts?

Custom armor?

it's not a theme park it's more similar to ps2.

war 40K Eternal Crusade: refferal 4$ bonus: EC-9Y7IAZJ8UZN6I http://www.eternalcrusade.com/account/sign-up/?ref_code=EC-9Y7IAZJ8UZN6I

Draenor

Apprentice Member

[Insert Tool lyrics]

7/07/14 8:39:43 PM#34
Nothing that we have been told by the actual devs would indicate that this game is not a persistent world MMO.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

hallucigenocide

Hard Core Member

7/07/14 8:47:24 PM#35
ofc it's an MMO... not every game come with the RPG  attached to them.  and even though i suck at these kinds of games i'm looking forward to it. WH40K + massive battles! what's not to like?

kek

k61977

Advanced Member

7/07/14 9:21:04 PM#36

I will just reiterate what some others have said. 

It is an MMO!  

Massive Multiplayer Online

It is not a MMORPG! 

Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game

Yizle

Novice Member

7/15/14 8:31:52 PM#37

Yes it seems you are missing a lot. What does MMO actually stand for? Massive Multiplayer Online. Show me where that says persistent world.

Ingvar

Advanced Member

7/15/14 9:55:33 PM#38

They said in the Twitch stream thats its a massive persistent world.

Here is the steam:

http://www.twitch.tv/40kcrusade/b/546586715

hfztt

Hard Core Member

7/16/14 6:41:56 AM#39
Originally posted by BlackWatch

You will be starting on a ship it seems. This private space will be your introduction to the setting and mechanics.

4 playable races with 4-8 classes/roles

Nope. (Thank god.) This is counter the whole idea of an open world MMO.

Nope. (Again. See previous answer.)

Player vs NPC?

Tyranids with be the 5th race used for all PvE action.

Tyranid content seems at least partially to be in dungeouns 

Most likely not.

In game economy?

Unknown

Crafting?

Probably not.

PvE and PvP?

This is the main focus of the game, so yeah.

You might be able to. Unknown at this point. At least in theory it is possible,

Mounts?

Yup

Custom armor?

Yup

Unknown

Deddmeat

Advanced Member

Not sure how I got K.A.E.S last PvP was CoD and UO lol

7/16/14 7:07:15 AM#40

Originally posted by Reklaw

Originally posted by Cantorage Looks like there is no persistent world, just a lobby-based arena shooter, so IMO it shouldn't have a section here. Unless there's something I'm missing.
Will the world be instanced?The PvP gameplay of Eternal Crusade takes place primarily an open world, without any instancing. Our PvE game modes take place in instanced dungeons and hives below the surface of the planet, but you get to them by finding them in the open world and entering. There may be further use of instancing in the game, but it should generally be the exception rather than the rule. http://legacy.eternalcrusade.com/faq Seems MMO enough for me and I truly hope they can make it happen. Just look at most common PVP complaints "Bleh need to do quest to get to PVP" This game seems to turn it around with PVP first and PVE second.   

I think the question got raised as their post gives two answers to the game

PRIMARILY open world .. So it may not all be open and without instancing

There may be further use of instancing in the game

GENERALLY an exception rather than the rule

So it sounds mostly open world in pvp and may get more instances at a later date.

They have wisely made no promises and what you expect may get an about face. I hope it's as much open persistent world as they can squash into the game.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search