Trending Games | World of Warcraft | ArcheAge | Destiny | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,860,437 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,247,470
Behaviour Interactive | Official Site
MMOTPS | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Development  (est.rel 2015)  | Pub:Behaviour Interactive
Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

18 posts found
  deadhead74

Novice Member

OP  11/24/13 5:57:15 PM#1
So, how long before people request Pam Anderson looking guardsman?  In the grim dark future there are DD's.  What do you think?
  DamonVile

Elite Member

11/24/13 6:21:34 PM#2

Characters*

It's an mmo, so they probably will. I remember reading someone asking them if there was going to be female space marines and they said they would look into it. I don't know what they ended up deciding.

There's a saying about evolution and why we have two eyes and two ears but only one mouth. Clearly it didn't see the internet coming or it never would have given us ten fingers to type with.

User Deleted
11/24/13 6:26:06 PM#3
I REALLY hope they don't put in female space marines. Eldar, Guardsman, maybe Chaos minions, but Space Marines are strictly male due to how their creation process works. Messing with that would be messing with the core of the setting and would likely irk a lot of people who actually know how the setting works.
  Deivos

Apprentice Member

Iarð skal rifna, ok upphiminn.

11/24/13 6:29:16 PM#4

Sisters of Battle still a thing?

It would certainly be a break from the metagame statistics, but making up for their comparatively less augmented nature compared to space marines by expanding their faith mechanics I'd imagine could balance out without breaking the lore.

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero. - Vaarsuvius

User Deleted
11/24/13 6:30:19 PM#5
Originally posted by Deivos
Sisters of Battle still a thing?

They're a thing, I just don't remember them being mentioned in the game context so far. But, I also haven't kept up too closely.

nerovipus32

Novice Member

11/24/13 6:53:56 PM#6
I doubt it will happen the devs are pretty hardcore when it comes to the lore.
  Guler

Advanced Member

11/24/13 7:00:19 PM#7
I'm not to farmilair with most of the Warhammer universe, but I know in the 40K setting for the RPG Rogue Traders there are lots of attractive male and female characters. So I think there can be something for everyone in this game.
  Rojiin

Novice Member

11/24/13 8:18:42 PM#8
I thought there was a female 40K faction?  Dawn of War Soulstorm has a female marine faction (Inquisition?).
  Rusque

Hard Core Member

11/24/13 8:38:17 PM#9
Originally posted by deadhead74
So, how long before people request Pam Anderson looking guardsman?  In the grim dark future there are DD's.  What do you think?

DD's that are full of cybernetics and steroid stimulants!

Actually a very convenient storage unit.

Daemoneyes

Novice Member

11/25/13 3:16:00 AM#10
Originally posted by DamonVile

Characters*

It's an mmo, so they probably will. I remember reading someone asking them if there was going to be female space marines and they said they would look into it. I don't know what they ended up deciding.

It has been stated that there will be no female SM / CSM.

They said Sisters of Battle will maybe added after launch as expansion.

But seeing that Tau are atm the most wanted Race (after release) the Sisters may have to wait till their turn.

Daemoneyes

Novice Member

11/25/13 3:18:28 AM#11
Originally posted by Rojiin
I thought there was a female 40K faction?  Dawn of War Soulstorm has a female marine faction (Inquisition?).

Sisters of Battle are not Space Marines.

They are just normal humans.

apocoluster

Advanced Member

\m/,

11/25/13 5:37:34 AM#12
Originally posted by Daemoneyes

Characters*

It has been stated that there will be no female SM / CSM.

They said Sisters of Battle will maybe added after launch as expansion.

But seeing that Tau are atm the most wanted Race (after release) the Sisters may have to wait till their turn.

It would be for he greater good if this is done soon :)

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

grigdusher

Advanced Member

11/25/13 7:02:37 AM#13

Characters*

they never say that!

female space marine don't extist.

the only female character at the release are the eldar: they can choose the gender.

war 40K Eternal Crusade: refferal 4$ bonus: EC-9Y7IAZJ8UZN6I http://www.eternalcrusade.com/account/sign-up/?ref_code=EC-9Y7IAZJ8UZN6I

Zzulu

Apprentice Member

King of Nerds

11/30/13 7:15:45 PM#14

Chaos Space Marines should have women, because chaos.

The warp could have transformed them etc. Orks are genderless and Eldar can have as many women as they want

As for regular space marines, they're just a big ol' sausage fest. No women allowed unfortunately

Bakkoda24

Advanced Member

It's a whole new game.

11/30/13 7:32:17 PM#15

Even if they do add in Sisters of Battle as a part of the game, they are as heavily clad in armor as all other adeptus astartes.

There shouldn't be any "DD's" in the game except for Slaanesh or Tzeentch cults and other chaos minions.

Sagasaint

Apprentice Member

I don't always play MMOs, but when I do, I play sandboxes

12/03/13 2:52:39 AM#16
Originally posted by Bakkoda24

Even if they do add in Sisters of Battle as a part of the game, they are as heavily clad in armor as all other adeptus astartes.

they arent even close in terms of strenght or resistance, let alone other advantages of the geneseeds

they have psychic powers tho....

tom_gore

Novice Member

12/03/13 4:14:09 AM#17
Originally posted by Zzulu

Chaos Space Marines should have women, because chaos.

The warp could have transformed them etc. Orks are genderless and Eldar can have as many women as they want

As for regular space marines, they're just a big ol' sausage fest. No women allowed unfortunately

No.

Wouldn't mind Sisters of Battle faction added, though.

Ehliya

Advanced Member

4/15/14 7:07:46 PM#18
Originally posted by Sagasaint
they arent even close in terms of strenght or resistance, let alone other advantages of the geneseeds

they have psychic powers tho....

We have something greater than brute strength - the boundless power of our faith in the Emperor.

We honor the Adeptus Astartes as comrades.  But any who stray into heresy - be they Xeno, Mutant or Space Marine - will be purged by the Cleansing Flame.

As Sister Immaculata taught us:

"By bolter shell, flamer burst and melta blast, the mutant, the heretic and the traitor alike are cleansed of their sin of existence. So has it been for five millennia, so shall it be unto the end of time.

- Words of Devotion, Verses IV-V, Chapter X, Volume LII"