Trending Games | WildStar | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,776,755 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,191,693
Behaviour Interactive | Official Site
MMOTPS | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Development  (est.rel 2015)  | Pub:Behaviour Interactive
Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade Forum » General Discussion » Interview: Staying Relevant with F2P, All-Out Online War, Next Gen Consoles and More

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
49 posts found
  Hatefull

Hard Core Member

Your tears make my gun work better.

10/10/13 5:37:06 AM#41

Originally posted by d0gz1lla
Yeah guess nobody likes the pay for better weapon...Still we will see how that pans out, either way i got no problem if someone will have a "little" advantage over guys who started off whit no cash to invest. A little bit of hard work and its all fine.

But you guys didnt even comment on the 1000 vs 1000 players, that thing is huge, i played Eve online where battles of large scale happened and it was epic, cant imagine how epic this sounds....Total hard on, for a guy like me lol. Just hope the whole system + computers will be able to handle it. Becouse lag, that can kill the whole concept if it wont be stable enough. 

Check out PLanetside 2, they 1K vs 1k off real well. Getting that many players to show up is a different story, but they have some truly big fights.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

Hatefull

Hard Core Member

Your tears make my gun work better.

10/10/13 5:40:01 AM#42

Originally posted by TiamatRoar
In a 3rd person 3D twitch-gaming (action) based title with presumably decent graphics, how is it possible to have 2,000 players in the same area without... I dunno, the servers and everyones' computers exploding?  This is a game that's supposed to be just as playable and action-packed as your typical FPS game or Space Marine or whatever else, not some game with a bunch of chibis smacking each other in timed hits using RNG to determine hit or miss. Right now FPS games can't even get past like, 4-8 players per team in the same battle now, let alone 50 or 100 or ONE THOUSAND.

Is that even feasible to have 2,000 + players on the same battlefield?  I'm pretty sure I got the context of that "2,000 players" statement right because an example in the interview implied all of them being in the same area and battle at the same time...

Planetside 2 does this a lot. There are other games out there as well, but PS2 is probably the biggest at the moment.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

Savij

Novice Member

OP  10/10/13 7:35:18 AM#43
Originally posted by decinator27
Originally posted by Sagasaint
Edit: Especially since when a captain of the ultramarines did break the codex Marneus Calgar exiled him to Cadia for 20 years.

actually when a brother captain did break the Codex, Calgar imposed a death oath on him...

Was it a short story from the book "Galaxy in flames" because thats what I'm referencing. Want to make sure we're referencing the same story here

i think its from the ultramarine novel where uriel broke the codex

be always up to date about Eternal Crusade
WH40k:EC dev Tracker

Other EC Sites i'm in:
Dakkadakka Savij
Reddit EC Savij1337
EternalCrusader.com Savij

Sagasaint

Apprentice Member

I don't always play MMOs, but when I do, I play sandboxes

10/10/13 10:12:35 AM#44
Originally posted by Savij
Edit: Especially since when a captain of the ultramarines did break the codex Marneus Calgar exiled him to Cadia for 20 years.

actually when a brother captain did break the Codex, Calgar imposed a death oath on him...

Was it a short story from the book "Galaxy in flames" because thats what I'm referencing. Want to make sure we're referencing the same story here

yup, in Dead Sky, Black Sun

not the same story, just saying that was not what Calgar normally does to address codex issues,he favours Death Oaths

" To merely execute warriors who might still bring grief to Mankind's enemies is a waste and a sin!"

—Marneus Calgar
  decinator27

Apprentice Member

10/10/13 1:36:46 PM#45

not the same story, just saying that was not what Calgar normally does to address codex issues,he favours Death Oaths

" To merely execute warriors who might still bring grief to Mankind's enemies is a waste and a sin!"

—Marneus Calgar

How old is this story? Mines from 8 years ago.

orionblack

Advanced Member

10/10/13 1:45:05 PM#46
Originally posted by IceAge
Originally posted by grigdusher

Let’s say you go to a high-level dungeon, and the reward at the end is a very powerful sword. But maybe you don’t have the time or you don’t want to do that dungeon, or you don’t want to grind. You want to go right into the shop and buy a sword. The golden rule that we found that makes everybody happy is the sword that you buy in the cash shop is twenty percent less powerful than the sword that you grind and work your ass off for. And that twenty percent difference in power is what makes the really dedicated player want to work for it because he knows that his sword is better because he worked for it. But the guy who bought his sword is happy because the sword he bought is at least thirty percent more powerful than the sword he had before, and he understands that the other guy has a more powerful sword because he actually worked for it. So that aspect is going to be even more important in Eternal Crusade because it’s a PVP game. So fairness and balance is important there, too. So the pay to win factor is going to be something that’s going to be looked at very seriously to make sure that nothing creeps into the game that allows that.

i don't like the part of the buyable sword.

ya i think its an example

but sounds like minor P2W but you cant pay to be the best but to be better then other beginners

Minor? 80% from a powerful sword, is minor? I am sure that the "powerful sword" is not a 100% drop at the end of the dungeon.

I am amused as how some people defend a clearly P2W game. 

Umm if you know how to read english..he was using an example, but for clarities sake so you can understand..he was comparing stats to the same sword , one from drop versus one from cash shop.....So if you get the drop you actually get the stronger wep.

And has been pointed out..This is not set in stone( I mean stat wise) so it could be that the "lower tier" sword is actually the same as the cash bought one.

Sagasaint

Apprentice Member

I don't always play MMOs, but when I do, I play sandboxes

10/10/13 3:48:00 PM#47

—Marneus Calgar

How old is this story? Mines from 8 years ago.

its from 2004, so 9 years old

there's an omnibus with the first 3 stories of the series (Nightbringer, Warriors of Ultramar,  Dead Sky, Black Sun.) for really, really cheap.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Ultramarines-Omnibus-Graham-McNeill/dp/1844164039

if you like Ultramarines I absolutly recommend it, Graham McNeill is one of the best BL writers, the stories themselves are quite awesome, and he manages to make the smurfs likeable instead of mary sues.

freakishbean

Novice Member

10/11/13 1:38:14 AM#48

That book made me love and hate the Ultramarines. 4th Company Under Uriel for life, son.

Cato can go take a walk.

Needing is Wanting...
Wanting is Coveting...
Coveting is Sinning...
I am SO going to Hell.

Savij

Novice Member

OP  10/11/13 6:44:03 AM#49
Originally posted by freakishbean

That book made me love and hate the Ultramarines. 4th Company Under Uriel for life, son.

Cato can go take a walk.

same for me but without hate :D

just my salamanders are more loveable for me :3

be always up to date about Eternal Crusade
WH40k:EC dev Tracker

Other EC Sites i'm in:
Dakkadakka Savij
Reddit EC Savij1337
EternalCrusader.com Savij

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search