Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,791,489 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,194,417
Behaviour Interactive | Official Site
MMOTPS | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Development  (est.rel 2015)  | Pub:Behaviour Interactive
Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade Forum » General Discussion » Imagine Space Marine Faction

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
39 posts found
  Savij

Novice Member

Joined: 6/18/13
Posts: 340

 
OP  9/24/13 8:19:16 AM#21

Added the vehicle section + glorious chapter special vehicles!

added the vehicle explanation to the explanation section

be always up to date about Eternal Crusade
WH40k:EC dev Tracker

Other EC Sites i'm in:
Dakkadakka Savij
Reddit EC Savij1337
EternalCrusader.com Savij

  grigdusher

Elite Member

Joined: 2/03/08
Posts: 131

9/24/13 11:06:35 AM#22

bike will be hard to balance, can be easily become OP, specially if a mounted space marine can use also the personal weapon (shotting with bikeweapon+special weapon).

land speeder look really complex to recreate in game, they arent' simple hover veicle.

war 40K Eternal Crusade: refferal 4$ bonus: EC-9Y7IAZJ8UZN6I http://www.eternalcrusade.com/account/sign-up/?ref_code=EC-9Y7IAZJ8UZN6I

  Savij

Novice Member

Joined: 6/18/13
Posts: 340

 
OP  9/24/13 12:14:20 PM#23
Originally posted by grigdusher

bike will be hard to balance, can be easily become OP, specially if a mounted space marine can use also the personal weapon (shotting with bikeweapon+special weapon).

land speeder look really complex to recreate in game, they arent' simple hover veicle.

well bikes are fast but low armored and the weapon is hard to aim since you cant turn it alot

and you can hit the driver!

 

dont know why land speeder should be hard its a light  hovering vehicle which is fast

 

tell me more about it please :)

be always up to date about Eternal Crusade
WH40k:EC dev Tracker

Other EC Sites i'm in:
Dakkadakka Savij
Reddit EC Savij1337
EternalCrusader.com Savij

  Policenaut

Novice Member

Joined: 9/19/13
Posts: 21

9/24/13 12:43:17 PM#24

I don't mean to be a NEGATIVE NANCY but I just get the feeling that having some 18 vehicles per faction would be an unreasonable expectation. I'm gonna wager it'll be more along the lines of each faction having a motorcycle, a troop transport and a tank. 

  Savij

Novice Member

Joined: 6/18/13
Posts: 340

 
OP  9/24/13 1:34:32 PM#25
Originally posted by Policenaut

I don't mean to be a NEGATIVE NANCY but I just get the feeling that having some 18 vehicles per faction would be an unreasonable expectation. I'm gonna wager it'll be more along the lines of each faction having a motorcycle, a troop transport and a tank. 

ya thats may be right but there are so many iconic vehicles in the lore

they cant be missed !

what would space marines be without a rhino, predator, land speeder or a land raider?

 

and chapter special vehicles are a nice idea i think! i want the chapters to mean more then different colors

be always up to date about Eternal Crusade
WH40k:EC dev Tracker

Other EC Sites i'm in:
Dakkadakka Savij
Reddit EC Savij1337
EternalCrusader.com Savij

  grigdusher

Elite Member

Joined: 2/03/08
Posts: 131

9/24/13 1:41:24 PM#26

many veicles are variant of a single chassis.

space marine have:

bike 

rhino (predator are rhino with a turret and sponson)

land speeder

land raider

 

 

war 40K Eternal Crusade: refferal 4$ bonus: EC-9Y7IAZJ8UZN6I http://www.eternalcrusade.com/account/sign-up/?ref_code=EC-9Y7IAZJ8UZN6I

  Savij

Novice Member

Joined: 6/18/13
Posts: 340

 
OP  9/24/13 1:46:54 PM#27
Originally posted by grigdusher

many veicles are variant of a single chassis.

space marine have:

bike 

rhino (predator are rhino with a turret and sponson)

land speeder

land raider

well but EC does not need to care about this ^^ and i dont understand what does that post want to say :D

be always up to date about Eternal Crusade
WH40k:EC dev Tracker

Other EC Sites i'm in:
Dakkadakka Savij
Reddit EC Savij1337
EternalCrusader.com Savij

  DecisiveRaindrop

Novice Member

Joined: 8/10/13
Posts: 17

9/24/13 5:36:36 PM#28

I think what Gridg was trying to say is that there are many vehicles of the same base. You can have 5 vehicles, just each one can be upgraded differently. Say for a Land Raider, you can have a standard land raider, or upgrade it and have it become a land raider crusader/redeemer. Have a land speeder become a tempest or transport model, have falcons become fire prisms. They can have the standard tanks be upgradable in a similar to PS2 or like DoW. This gives an additional challenge when organizing a large scale attack trying to balance your vehicles for maximum effectiveness. Each variant is specialized in different roles and have different faults, but that will help with game balancing. Just imagine seeing a dozen land raiders rolling in with different weapons burning/purging all the xeno filth, with predators and annihilators in pursuit sweeping the aliens up while the METAWL BAWKSES and razor backs offload fresh troops.

  DecisiveRaindrop

Novice Member

Joined: 8/10/13
Posts: 17

9/24/13 5:39:46 PM#29
Now what I feel would be an interesting aspect is if we are allowed to use thunderhawk gunships and rain down death as we tank shots capable of blowing up a predator :D
  Savij

Novice Member

Joined: 6/18/13
Posts: 340

 
OP  9/24/13 6:01:31 PM#30
Originally posted by DecisiveRaindrop
Now what I feel would be an interesting aspect is if we are allowed to use thunderhawk gunships and rain down death as we tank shots capable of blowing up a predator :D

atm air units are not planed to be player controlled

but this may change any time

be always up to date about Eternal Crusade
WH40k:EC dev Tracker

Other EC Sites i'm in:
Dakkadakka Savij
Reddit EC Savij1337
EternalCrusader.com Savij

  DecisiveRaindrop

Novice Member

Joined: 8/10/13
Posts: 17

9/24/13 6:11:23 PM#31
Savij, do you plan on adding air vehicles to the mix? I believe the devs say they plan on adding them, but there are only a few two dedicated flyers (thunderhawk and storm eagle) , and a few land speeders that could go in the category.
  aRtFuLThinG

Apprentice Member

Joined: 4/30/09
Posts: 1004

9/24/13 6:19:43 PM#32

So did the designer said Space Marines are going to be their own faction?

 

Cuz I do like that idea. I wouldn't like it myself if they mingle Imperial Guard with Space Marines (as I prefer to play Imperial Guards)

 

I like the list that you've put out btw :)

  Savij

Novice Member

Joined: 6/18/13
Posts: 340

 
OP  9/25/13 2:13:09 AM#33

Originally posted by DecisiveRaindrop
Savij, do you plan on adding air vehicles to the mix? I believe the devs say they plan on adding them, but there are only a few two dedicated flyers (thunderhawk and storm eagle) , and a few land speeders that could go in the category.

hm i wanted to be as close as posible to the actual EC concept

so no air vehicles planed yet ^^

but if you want to see them i may add em :3

Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

So did the designer said Space Marines are going to be their own faction?

 

Cuz I do like that idea. I wouldn't like it myself if they mingle Imperial Guard with Space Marines (as I prefer to play Imperial Guards)

 

I like the list that you've put out btw :)

the factions are based on the tabletop factions and there SM and IG are 2 factions

IG may come in a later update after launch

 

and thanks for reading it :)

 

 

btw where would you put a dreadnought? as Class or as Vehicle?

i would think Class cause they cant come out, but what do you think?

be always up to date about Eternal Crusade
WH40k:EC dev Tracker

Other EC Sites i'm in:
Dakkadakka Savij
Reddit EC Savij1337
EternalCrusader.com Savij

  aRtFuLThinG

Apprentice Member

Joined: 4/30/09
Posts: 1004

9/25/13 6:14:35 PM#34
Originally posted by Savij

btw where would you put a dreadnought? as Class or as Vehicle?

i would think Class cause they cant come out, but what do you think?

I personally am in agreement with you on that I think it should be a class.

 

I mean even if they CAN come out (like say the pilots of Crisis Suits for Tau), it wouldn't make no sense to put it as a vehicle as there is no chance that another space marine could just jump in a pilot the thing :P

 

However I think it should be a class which require high resources points to spawn though (or whatever system that will be devised that considers resource available to a faction/player)

  krage

Apprentice Member

Joined: 5/22/11
Posts: 408

9/25/13 6:26:44 PM#35

I think dreads should be a commander or guild level perk that is rare and can be summoned onto the battlefield as an overpowered NPC killing machine that is given simple orders until it is killed or runs out of an alloted amount of time.

This allows dreads to be OP, since players will be more likely to complain about other players being OP in it, and to make them seem more rare or special.

  BeerSamurai

Novice Member

Joined: 7/05/13
Posts: 69

9/25/13 6:31:27 PM#36
I think it should be a privilege class.   After the faction( or player) had completed enough to get some high standing in the game, they can be allowed to respawn as a dreadnought.   The class basically follows basic vehicle rules.

Dreah I'm yunk, wazzit matter to you?

  Savij

Novice Member

Joined: 6/18/13
Posts: 340

 
OP  9/26/13 1:56:56 AM#37

Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

I personally am in agreement with you on that I think it should be a class.I mean even if they CAN come out (like say the pilots of Crisis Suits for Tau), it wouldn't make no sense to put it as a vehicle as there is no chance that another space marine could just jump in a pilot the thing :P

However I think it should be a class which require high resources points to spawn though (or whatever system that will be devised that considers resource available to a faction/player)

Originally posted by BeerSamurai
I think it should be a privilege class.   After the faction( or player) had completed enough to get some high standing in the game, they can be allowed to respawn as a dreadnought.   The class basically follows basic vehicle rules.

sounds like it would fit into EC what you to said, maybe the faction needs to hold a specific structure to have the dreads available and then only "expirienced players" can spawn as them

Originally posted by krage

I think dreads should be a commander or guild level perk that is rare and can be summoned onto the battlefield as an overpowered NPC killing machine that is given simple orders until it is killed or runs out of an alloted amount of time.

This allows dreads to be OP, since players will be more likely to complain about other players being OP in it, and to make them seem more rare or special.

there is so much truth in this post =/ but i would love to controll be a dread from time to time :P

 

i will try to make a class for them!

be always up to date about Eternal Crusade
WH40k:EC dev Tracker

Other EC Sites i'm in:
Dakkadakka Savij
Reddit EC Savij1337
EternalCrusader.com Savij

  Aconti

Novice Member

Joined: 7/26/13
Posts: 20

9/26/13 3:37:07 AM#38

Terminator Armour, Vehicles, Dreadnaughts. All the talk and discussion here makes me realise just how tough a job the developers have!!

Between just a few of us here in this thread we all have different views on how these should be implemented, all being good ideas that could work well.

  Savij

Novice Member

Joined: 6/18/13
Posts: 340

 
OP  9/30/13 4:00:10 AM#39

Added the Chapter specials to the Explanation section, here is a copie so you dont need to search :D

I know its lorebreaking in some way but well was hard to find something for every chapter =/

Chapter Specials

All chapter specials are extremely rare and hard to obtain!

Blood Angels

Angelus Bolter (Tactical Marine)
Special Bolter with bigger clip-size.
Damage:    5/10
Armor Pen.:    4/10
Rate of fire:    7/10
Accuracy:    7/10
Range:    7/10
Clip-Size:    35
Special:     Can be used with different ammunition.

Inferno Pistol (Assault)
Small Melta gun.
Damage:    10/10
Armor Pen.:    10/10
Rate of fire:    1/10
Accuracy:    10/10
Range:    1/10
Clip-Size:    1
Special:     Cone of effect

Exsanguinator (Sanguinary Priest)
Medical device made for combat.
Damage:    7/10
Armor Pen.:    5/10
Swingspeed:    9/10
Block-spd.:    8/10
Range:    1/4

Dark Angels

Corvus Hammer (Assault)
specialized pick which consisted of a hammer modified to provide additional power during impact.
Damage:    6/10
Armor Pen.:    10/10
Swingspeed:    6/10
Block-spd.:    6/10
Range:    2/4

Flail of the Unforgiven (Terminator)
2-Handed Flail which is slow but powerful.
Damage:    8/10
Armor Pen.:    8/10
Swingspeed:    1/10
Block-spd.:    1/10
Range:    3/4
Special:    AoE

Furious Vengeance (Tactical)
Special Bolter.
Damage:    5/10
Armor Pen.:    4/10
Rate of fire:    7/10
Accuracy:    8/10
Range:    7/10
Clip-Size:    24
Special:     Can be used with different ammunition,
extra damage to chaos space marines

Ultramarines

Gladius (all)
Longer then a dagger, shorter then a sword
Damage:    5/10
Armor Pen.:    7/10
Swingspeed:    10/10
Block-spd.:    8/10
Range:    1,5/4

Gilded Boltgun (Tactical)
Special Bolter.
Damage:    6/10
Armor Pen.:    5/10
Rate of fire:    7/10
Accuracy:    8/10
Range:    7/10
Clip-Size:    24
Special:     Can be used with different ammunition

Axe of Ultramar (Assault)
Special Power Axe.
Damage:    6/10
Armor Pen.:    8/10
Swingspeed:    8/10
Block-spd.:    6/10
Range:    2/4

Space Wolfs

Fang of Morkai (Wolf priest)    
Medical device made for combat.
Damage:    9/10
Armor Pen.:    4/10
Swingspeed:    8/10
Block-spd.:    7/10
Range:    1/4

Frost Blade (Tactical)
Special Chainsword
Damage:    8/10
Armor Pen.:    5/10
Swingspeed:    9/10
Block-spd.:    5/10
Range:    2/4

Foehammer (Assault)
Special Thunderhammer with teleport device.
Damage:    7/10
Armor Pen.:    7/10
Swingspeed:    5/10
Block-spd.:    4/10
Range:    2/4
Special:    Can be thrown, can be teleported to your hand.

be always up to date about Eternal Crusade
WH40k:EC dev Tracker

Other EC Sites i'm in:
Dakkadakka Savij
Reddit EC Savij1337
EternalCrusader.com Savij

2 Pages « 1 2 Search