Trending Games | The Crew | Elder Scrolls Online | Lichdom: Battlemage | Neverwinter

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,843,234 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,221,436
Behaviour Interactive | Official Site
MMOTPS | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Development  (est.rel 2015)  | Pub:Behaviour Interactive
Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade Forum » General Discussion » VERY long and detailed interview with Miguel Caron

6 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 Search
104 posts found
  Gorwe

Elite Member

7/03/13 8:18:13 PM#101

Awesome!

Can't wait to see what's next...

VVGR(Smite talk for you rock!) <3

Ehliya

Apprentice Member

7/08/13 9:20:40 PM#102

Only two issues.

Tyranids being controlled by the developers to "balance" campaigns: that seems to contradict the hands-off attitude he professed earlier.  It seems a better road to simply let the players sort it out.  If the Space Marines outnumber everyone, then the factions can decide to ally.  Or, after a campaign or two of Space Marine domination, you will see people joining other factions to balance them.  Also, it seems strange the Tyranids would be acting as any sort of "Cosmic Balance."  Their intervention should be more random. In fact, random activity by the Tyranids could be a great side activity for people to practice and train.  You could have Tyranid spawns protecting rare resources.  And you could also have Tyranids spawning and if no one deals with them earlier, they multiply and start to threaten everyone.  But Tyranids controlled by the game company?  There are so many landmines in that road it beggars the mind...

Ork Boyz needing five to kill one Space Marine - sounds good in theory but in reality maybe not.  This reminds me of Lord of the Rings Monster Play at release.  You needed many monsters to defeat fewer Free Peoples.  Granted at that time everyone was a subscriber.  But it ended up that many people playing Monsters could not handle getting owned by fewer Free Peoples.  I think even with FTP you will have a hard time keeping Ork Boyz numbers up - not many like being cannon fodder in video games.

freakishbean

Novice Member

7/08/13 11:44:25 PM#103
Originally posted by Ehliya

Only two issues.

Tyranids being controlled by the developers to "balance" campaigns: that seems to contradict the hands-off attitude he professed earlier.  It seems a better road to simply let the players sort it out.  If the Space Marines outnumber everyone, then the factions can decide to ally.  Or, after a campaign or two of Space Marine domination, you will see people joining other factions to balance them.  Also, it seems strange the Tyranids would be acting as any sort of "Cosmic Balance."  Their intervention should be more random. In fact, random activity by the Tyranids could be a great side activity for people to practice and train.  You could have Tyranid spawns protecting rare resources.  And you could also have Tyranids spawning and if no one deals with them earlier, they multiply and start to threaten everyone.  But Tyranids controlled by the game company?  There are so many landmines in that road it beggars the mind...

Ork Boyz needing five to kill one Space Marine - sounds good in theory but in reality maybe not.  This reminds me of Lord of the Rings Monster Play at release.  You needed many monsters to defeat fewer Free Peoples.  Granted at that time everyone was a subscriber.  But it ended up that many people playing Monsters could not handle getting owned by fewer Free Peoples.  I think even with FTP you will have a hard time keeping Ork Boyz numbers up - not many like being cannon fodder in video games.

I don't mind the 'Nids coming in to balance things out here and there. If a faction is doing complete and total steamroll, it gets boring really quickly. Warhammer Online had that non-stop, it was steamroll after steamroll. The 'nids make it so an effort still must be made to win the planet. 

It's still a skill-based game, so and Ork player who is pretty good can still wreck some faces. He'll probably have standard weapons and equipment, maybe a special weapon here or there. Orks still get to use Big Shootas and Big Sluggas and explosives. I'm thinking health and melee strength wise, they don't compare to a Space Marine. 

But hey, they are free. And numerous.

Needing is Wanting...
Wanting is Coveting...
Coveting is Sinning...
I am SO going to Hell.

Savij

Novice Member

7/09/13 1:59:50 AM#104
Originally posted by Ehliya

Only two issues.

your infos are out of date bro^^

tyranids will be AI only, no devs there just the big Hive mind called AI

and they already said that with da orkboys was a mistake, they will have good chances in melee even alone

be always up to date about Eternal Crusade
WH40k:EC dev Tracker

Other EC Sites i'm in:
Dakkadakka Savij
Reddit EC Savij1337
EternalCrusader.com Savij

6 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 Search