Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | EverQuest | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,902,290 Users Online:0
Games:753  Posts:6,276,184
Sony Online Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Development  (est.rel 2014)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

EverQuest Next Forum » General Discussion » Storybricks Update (EQN's AI system)

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 Search
88 posts found
  evilized

Advanced Member

8/04/14 11:11:24 AM#81
Ryde, I don't think AI means what you think it means...
AI: artificial intelligence
Programming that dictates how in game mobs and NPC's interact with players, the environment each other. (In the mmo world)
You seem to be confusing factions with AI. While factions can play a part in how NPC'S and mobs interact with the player, the environment and each other, they are not the engine that drives every decision, they are just a small part.
If you are still having trouble understanding I don't know what else to tell you. Unless of course you are just trolling, in which case I would ask you to stop.
  Gallus85

Novice Member

8/04/14 11:13:21 AM#82
Originally posted by azarhal
Originally posted by Gallus85
Originally posted by Rydeson
Gall.. you will never get it.. you are in for a rude awakening when the game goes live..   Each character will have weapons skils nad class skills.. YOUR weapons do NOT effect what class skills you can use..  Understand? 

According to the dev panel at SOE live last year, your class + weapon = the first 4 skills on your bar.

Example:

Warrior + 2h hammer = Slam, Kick, Charge, Knockdown.

Cleric + 2h Hammer = Smite, Bash Head, Heal, Banish

Warrior + Hammer/Shield = Hammer throw, Block, Shield Bash, Wall

Cleric + Hammer/Shield = Strike, Purifying Light, Cure,  Spell Reflect

This is what was said at SOE Live last year on the class panel, as proven by the video I posted.  In the video he explicitly stated:

1. Weapons will change what 4 class skills you have access to on the first half of your bar.

2.  Different classes using the same weapon will have different skills.

My example highlights this.

Now this is them talking from an early concept / alpha stage.  Things can and do change.  However, unless you can provide a newer quote from one of the devs that contradicts what was in that video, this is what we have to go on at the moment.

This is an accurate representation of the weapon class skills and I don't think it's going to change. Last year at SOE live, that class system was so advanced in term of design that they already had the combat idle animations for all 40 classes for at least one weapon set.

I doubt it's going to change either.  I personally like the way the system sounds.  I like that weapons aren't just going to be stat sticks, and that your class and weapon combo will change the way your character plays.  Combined with multiclassing and the ability to switch between builds freely (not in combat), I feel it's going to give a lot of replay value to your primary character.  As soon as you start to get bored, you can just swap to a different class or change your weapon.  If you can't find a healer, you can just swap to a class/build that fits that role and continue playing the game uninterrupted.

Sounds like a good system to me.

Legends of Kesmai, UO, EQ, AO, DAoC, AC, SB, RO, SWG, EVE, EQ2, CoH, GW, VG:SOH, WAR, Aion, DF, CO, MO, DN, Tera, SWTOR, RO2, DP, GW2, PS2, BnS, NW, FF:XIV, ESO, EQ:NL

Maelwydd

Advanced Member

8/04/14 6:39:58 PM#83
Originally posted by Victor_Kruger
Rydeson has been bashing EQ Next on the forums ever since the last SOE live and will ignore all reason and logic and continue his senseless ranting about a game he obviously hates and should of gotten over about it by now. 

He is the only person who doesn't get it in this thread and when I pointed out what I thought were the reasons for his posts I got a warning. Lets just say I agree with what the others above have stated. I hope he just stops posting.

evilized

Advanced Member

8/04/14 10:52:32 PM#84
Originally posted by evilized
Ryde, I don't think AI means what you think it means...
AI: artificial intelligence
Programming that dictates how in game mobs and NPC's interact with players, the environment each other. (In the mmo world)
You seem to be confusing factions with AI. While factions can play a part in how NPC'S and mobs interact with the player, the environment and each other, they are not the engine that drives every decision, they are just a small part.
If you are still having trouble understanding I don't know what else to tell you. Unless of course you are just trolling, in which case I would ask you to stop.

what the heck are you ranting about?  lmao

What rant? Just a simple explanation. I'm sorry if you can't understand it, I really can't make it any easier to understand.

Gallus85

Novice Member

8/05/14 12:09:32 AM#85

Thanks for the laughs..  Keep on dreaming..

It was great laughs wasn't it?

I laughed especially hard when I pulled an SOE Live video of the head devs specifically stating that I was correct and you were wrong.

I know I nearly fell out of my chair cackling like a hyena.

Legends of Kesmai, UO, EQ, AO, DAoC, AC, SB, RO, SWG, EVE, EQ2, CoH, GW, VG:SOH, WAR, Aion, DF, CO, MO, DN, Tera, SWTOR, RO2, DP, GW2, PS2, BnS, NW, FF:XIV, ESO, EQ:NL

ice-vortex

Novice Member

8/05/14 8:04:15 AM#86
People keep pointing to Guild Wars 2. The issue with Guild Wars 2 was never the combat nor even the lack of roles. It had three distinct roles: control, damage, and support. The problem with Guild Wars 2 was really lousy encounter and dungeon design.
  Gallus85

Novice Member

8/05/14 11:54:31 AM#87
Originally posted by Gallus85

Thanks for the laughs..  Keep on dreaming..

It was great laughs wasn't it?

I laughed especially hard when I pulled an SOE Live video of the head devs specifically stating that I was correct and you were wrong.

I know I nearly fell out of my chair cackling like a hyena.

YES.. great laugh.. you need to learn the difference between 4 weapon slot skills (that are NOT swappable) and 4 class skills  (that are swappable within limitations).. LOL   EQN's hot bar isn't going to be much different then GW2.. LOL   But you go ahead and keep on dreaming that you can have a "do it all" dolly to play with.. lol

Again, you seem to lack reading comprehension, because nothing I said was contradicted here.  The video I posted confirms exactly what I said, right from the dev's mouth.

Amana

MMORPG.COM Staff

8/05/14 11:59:32 AM#88
At this point, the thread is little more than snide slings at one another with very little content. Remember guys, the topic of a thread isn't each other. Even if some discussion remains, if every other post comes with a side of flaming, that's not going to work.

To give feedback on moderation, contact community@mmorpg.com

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 Search