Trending Games | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Guild Wars 2 | EverQuest | Landmark

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,920,565 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,311,900
Sony Online Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Development  (est.rel 2014)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

EverQuest Next Forum » General Discussion » We expect something next month

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
44 posts found
  SupaAPE

Novice Member

7/27/14 9:36:55 AM#41
Originally posted by ReallyNow10

I just farted.

And I'm sorry.

healthy.

Rydeson

Elite Member

7/28/14 5:06:30 AM#42
Originally posted by azzamasin
Originally posted by ReallyNow10
Originally posted by flizzer
Expect what?   This game is nowhere near complete;hell, it is only in the advanced concept phase.  Don't expect a beta until late next year , probably 2016.

I could be drooling and wearing Depends by the time this thing comes out.  Seriously, 2016!!!!

2016 at the earliest but I'd wager on closer to 2017.  Remember they scrapped EQN less then 2 years ago and most Triple-A MMO's take a minimum of 5 years to develop.

Agreed..  I viewed Landmark as SOE's personal "kickstarter" program to make money as they develop down the road..  They are still in the early phases of designing.. They haven't even begun implementing the NPC world yet.. Everything we see and hear now is only about world design and character movement and some actions.. I estimate we are still 2 years away from any possible "public" release..  (not beta)..

ice-vortex

Novice Member

7/30/14 4:50:27 AM#43
Originally posted by azarhal

The Forgelight engine only support map of the size 8km x 8km (16km2). Landmark island are 8kmx8km (half of it is water). Planetside continents are 8km x 8km. H1Z1 playable map was announced to be 8km x 8km.  EQNext was announced to be a fully seamless world larger than EQ1 and EQ2 combined. 8km x 8 km is too small for that...

Larger map size have been on Planetside 2 roadmap for ages and EQNext requires it. This mean SOE put effort into making the necessarily modification to the engine. It received an update recently and it now support seamless 128km x 128km map (16384 km2) . We will see that update in Landmark first I believe, when they put all the island on the same map separated by water.

Going by all the pieces falling together, I personally expect EQNext beta early next year (the playable race workshop will end in December) and the game going live in Fall 2015. No alpha. Landmark is the alpha.

I think we'll see the new Forgelight engine in H1Z1 first. Though I guess it's possible that is going to be one of the things they show off for Landmark at SOE Live.

mbrodie

Hard Core Member

7/30/14 5:05:54 AM#44
Originally posted by Allein
Originally posted by SuperNick

This is a game that is supposed to be close to beta stage, not some "proof of concept" phase.

Like I said, it seems to me they decided Landmark and H1Z1 were more profitable ventures and are currently focusing their efforts there.

The fact Landmark is not even called "EQ Landmark" anymore says a lot - it means they want to draw as much attention away from EQN as they can.

An official response I got on the EQN Facebook page about EQN:

Hi Nick - This game is still in development. We're involving players in the development process through the workshop in Landmark the Game. We just recently published concept art for Kerrans. [Dexella]

Not only is it incredibly vague, she tries to shift my attention to Landmark again? I asked about what happened to EQN and why we've seen nothing and got that as a response.

Who said it is supposed to be close to beta stage? Landmark is essentially EQN's pre-Alpha.

How you could think LM/H1Z1 could be more profitable now or in the near future is a mystery to me.

They are using Landmark as a place to improve on what they are doing behind closed doors.

As in "Here is a peak at the Kerrans and what we are going for, what do you think fans?" We then go "Aweseome" "Terrible" "This is better idea" and they take it back to the studio. Players are directly influencing EQN's development.

They have 5+ hours planned for EQN at SOE Live next month. Not sure why some people have such a hard time connecting the dots between Landmark, EQN, and the process of game development.

Edit: They are live streaming in ~10 min (4pm PDT) and will be talking about what people have done so far with the Kerran concept builds. Kerrans have zero to do with Landmark, yet everything takes place in Landmark. But feel free to keep thinking that EQN is canceled, on hold, all a lie, getting zero attention, yadda yadda.

i agree with this.. i been saying since the unveiling that landmark is a testing ground for the EQN engine.. to see what it can handle in terms of player numbers, land size, destruction wise etc... everything they do in Landmark is testing to see what the engine is capable of in EQN

and also whats this "we expect" business... you'll get it when they're ready to give it i honestly dont expect to see any kind of beta program opening up until late 2015 at best.. maybe a paid alpha a couple of months earlier... but i wouldnt expect this to launch until mid 2016 if that.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search