Trending Games | The Crew | Landmark | Neverwinter | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,849,235 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,223,164
Sony Online Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Development  (est.rel 2014)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search
62 posts found
  Jean-Luc_Picard

Elite Member

There... are... four... lights!

6/30/14 2:52:51 PM#21
Originally posted by ReallyNow10

In five years, the platform may not even be PC. 

They better release a new console generation then, because the actual one is in no way powerful enough to run a full smoothed voxel engine like EQN's.

Originally posted by Tyggs

PS4 and XBONE support mouse and keyboard.... Also they are much cheaper than a gaming PC. I love gaming on TV and consoles, so no bias here. just giving you a couple facts.

You get what you pay for. Gaming PCs are much more powerful than any current generation consoles, which are quite a few years behind PC performance.

My Core I7 4790K and Radeon 290x laughs at the playstations and other xboxes...

"If you predict how hardware evolves at the current speed of evolution, and then take consumer pricing evolution, already two years ago you could see [that] whatever [console] launches in 2013 or 2014 or 2015 will never beat a PC again," - Cevat Yerli, Crytek CEO. And you can be sure the guy is quite unbiased, since his company makes games for both platforms.

Playing now: Archeage, WoW, Landmark, GW2

Top 3 MMORPGs played: UO, AC1 and WoW

Honorable mentions: AO, LotRO and GW2.

"The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn. After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that neither does the ability to write.

nariusseldon

Elite Member

6/30/14 3:05:50 PM#22
Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard

PS4 and XBONE support mouse and keyboard.... Also they are much cheaper than a gaming PC. I love gaming on TV and consoles, so no bias here. just giving you a couple facts.

You get what you pay for. Gaming PCs are much more powerful than any current generation consoles, which are quite a few years behind PC performance.

Plus, you can game on a large TV with a PC. Many has standard HDMI output. And PCs support xbox controllers. I play most games on my gaming laptop, and aside from console exclusives, you are not missing anything, but gains performance, and a lot more flexibility.

Allein

Elite Member

6/30/14 6:14:14 PM#23

I'm highly optimistic. While I'm not a blind fanboi, I do think SOE has the potential to make something great with what they have going so far. The design plan sounds better then anything else on the horizon or out, just a matter of them making it a reality.

So far, Landmark has been pretty much as described, hoping EQN follows as well. SOE Live should turn some doubters around if SOE actually shows some "real" game footage, but we'll see how it goes.

I do believe it is a good ways off and unless you are bored and not playing any other mmorpgs (myself), not really worth "following" currently.

Unless they totally throw what they've said out the window and all the promises are total hype lies, even if it isn't perfect, I doubt it could be worse then what else is available. Seems many will only be happy with their individual perfect game, which will never happen. I'll settle for a great experience overall, doesn't have to nail my 58 point list of demands for a game not to suck.

SupaAPE

Apprentice Member

7/02/14 12:40:17 AM#24

this thread is hilarious :) 

just wait until SOE live, then speak

"My Core I7 4790K and Radeon 290x laughs at the playstations and other xboxes..."

my PC is even more powerful, but the new consoles, inspecific PS4 are designed better than all previous generations. These new consoles are powerful and CAN and WILL MOST likely run MMORPG's. True 8 core physical processors, 8GB RAM, AMD hardware designed around future mantle API implementation & optimization is nothing to laugh at.

strykr619

Hard Core Member

7/02/14 12:58:01 AM#25
Most core system's are being tested in Landmark btw. Having been in Landmark for a while now all I can say is, EQN is going to be great. 
  Gallus85

Elite Member

8/01/14 12:42:38 AM#26
Originally posted by Adamantine

In five years, the platform may not even be PC.  [...]

ROTFL

Yeah, right.

Because we all have much too much money, in order to waste them on buying the half of douzen or so proprietary consoles that are around.

And we all just love exchanging keyboard and mouse for more primitive input devices, because the games are SO much more fun with less options.

Not to sound like a PC master race lord here, but PS4 and Xbone are $399.

Each game has a +$10 licencing fee tacked on to it (That's how they subsidize their low hardware costs).

Xbone and PS4 render their games at 790p - 1080p, at 30 to 60fps depending on the title. Tom's System Builder Marathon Q1 this year proved you could get the same FPS, resolution and visual quality for about $600 - $700.  Now you say "Hey that's still +$200 - $300!" 

You're right, but then I counter with:

Steam Sales, at least 2 times a year PC gamers are getting huge discounts on a massive number of big name and indie titles.

F2P games.  PC has far more F2P games than consoles do.

Indie games.  PC has far more indie games to choose from, many of which are great fun at a fraction of the cost of console games.

PC gamers don't have to pay that +$10 licensing fee on most AAA games.

Over the course of a gaming PC's life, if you retain the same console-level visual quality (790p - 1080p / 30 - 60fps, no AA, high-settings ) you don't need to upgrade, the hardware will keep up.

You can also hook up the PC to a TV and play on the couch using wireless xbox controller (or other wireless gamepads) with no issues at all.  Hell you can even set it to boot into steam big-picture mode upon start up and treat it like a pure console if you want.

So in the long run, 10+ steam sales, not paying licensing fees, indie games, F2P games..... in the end, PC is vastly cheaper than consoles.

This isn't to say "Don't buy consoles! rawr!". (I own 3 gaming PCs *one for my wife, one for me and a HTPC in the living room for controller friendly games to be played on my 120" projection screen*, as well as a Wii U, PS4, Xbone, Shield portable, Shield tablet, 3DS XL, etc etc.)......  I'm simply stating from an objective point of view, PCs are only slightly more of an investment upfront than consoles are, but over the long run are objectively cheaper over the life cycle of the system.

Legends of Kesmai, UO, EQ, AO, DAoC, AC, SB, RO, SWG, EVE, EQ2, CoH, GW, VG:SOH, WAR, Aion, DF, CO, MO, DN, Tera, SWTOR, RO2, DP, GW2, PS2, BnS, NW, FF:XIV, ESO, EQ:NL

Markn

Hard Core Member

8/01/14 12:56:19 AM#27
Originally posted by Adamantine

In five years, the platform may not even be PC.  [...]

ROTFL

Yeah, right.

Because we all have much too much money, in order to waste them on buying the half of douzen or so proprietary consoles that are around.

And we all just love exchanging keyboard and mouse for more primitive input devices, because the games are SO much more fun with less options.

Much cheaper ?  Lets use PS4 for example.

Console - $399 + tax

Another controller $59.99 + Tax

every single game new $59.99 + tax

Battery for your controller $10-20+ tax

Even your average AMD CPUs with your mid tier AMD GPUs can smoke either console in power and graphics.  You can build one for $600.  With either console you're getting what amounts to a $99 bottom tier AMD CPU.  They wouldn't come close to touching the power of an I7 or even AMDs 9370

Someone listed all the positives comparing the consoles and PCs and the PCs win out hands down.  Consoles only became relevant because the PC industry did not innovate and get people using TVs as monitors.   Seriously why do people continue to pay the $10 licensing fee on top of every single console game when most of them come out on the PC also for cheaper ?   You can guy a cheap wireless adapter to use your Xbox controller or PS3/4 one with your PC.

Dauntis

Spotlight Poster

8/01/14 12:59:43 AM#28

I heard they added a new tag line to the website.

EQ Next: Your grandkids are going to love this!

I would like to give an opinion on this post, but if I agree I will offend people who disagree. While if I disagree my comment will be seen as inflammatory. Either way I will get banned by this site full of the most delicate flowers in online gaming. Ban people for giving honest opinions... beautiful. Unfortunately I still like the articles.

Markn

Hard Core Member

8/01/14 1:03:31 AM#29
Originally posted by SupaAPE

this thread is hilarious :) 

just wait until SOE live, then speak

"My Core I7 4790K and Radeon 290x laughs at the playstations and other xboxes..."

my PC is even more powerful, but the new consoles, inspecific PS4 are designed better than all previous generations. These new consoles are powerful and CAN and WILL MOST likely run MMORPG's. True 8 core physical processors, 8GB RAM, AMD hardware designed around future mantle API implementation & optimization is nothing to laugh at.

These consoles could easily run MMOs though the old generation ran FFXIV just fine and SOE has Planetside 2 in alpha/beta and it's running just fine.

Rydeson

Elite Member

8/01/14 3:23:30 AM#30
Originally posted by Myrdynn

vaporware

they sold the hype of EQN and turned into a boring Landmark game, hoping people would help them build the world.  We have seen zero progress, and nothing but "roundtables" since the EQN big reveal

Kind of my thoughts, too.  I know, I know they must be making some design progress on the game, but the entire Landmark thing seems like blands-ville to me.

I'm thinking WOW is going to be it for a long time to come, and that's too bad.

My thoughts as well..  My crystal ball tells me that EQN is going to be a flop..  And I was truly hoping for a legitimate sequel to EQ1 (since EQ2 failed)..  But hey, EQN is suppose to be F2P right?  And I'm sure they'll have some huge ass cash walls..  lol  The last I heard is that EQNext is getting 2 hours of love at SOE Live.. Only 2 blooming hours.. Really??? I guess they don't have much to talk about still..

Allein

Elite Member

8/01/14 6:43:50 PM#31
Originally posted by Rydeson

vaporware

they sold the hype of EQN and turned into a boring Landmark game, hoping people would help them build the world.  We have seen zero progress, and nothing but "roundtables" since the EQN big reveal

Kind of my thoughts, too.  I know, I know they must be making some design progress on the game, but the entire Landmark thing seems like blands-ville to me.

My thoughts as well..  My crystal ball tells me that EQN is going to be a flop..  And I was truly hoping for a legitimate sequel to EQ1 (since EQ2 failed)..  But hey, EQN is suppose to be F2P right?  And I'm sure they'll have some huge ass cash walls..  lol  The last I heard is that EQNext is getting 2 hours of love at SOE Live.. Only 2 blooming hours.. Really??? I guess they don't have much to talk about still..

No offense, but why do you post in this forum if you seem to not only have zero faith in the game but don't like anything about it? I admit I waste too much time talking about a game that isn't close to coming out, but I can't imagine myself wasting any time for things I'm not interesting in. Is it just so when it flops you can come back and say you told everyone it would?

They have 5 hours of EQN panels plus several more for Landmark which relates directly to EQN despite those that can't accept what the people making the game say. Don't think I've every watched 5 hours worth of "talk/hype" for any game before EQN.

Rydeson

Elite Member

8/02/14 2:56:17 AM#32
Originally posted by Allein

vaporware

No offense, but why do you post in this forum if you seem to not only have zero faith in the game but don't like anything about it? I admit I waste too much time talking about a game that isn't close to coming out, but I can't imagine myself wasting any time for things I'm not interesting in. Is it just so when it flops you can come back and say you told everyone it would?

They have 5 hours of EQN panels plus several more for Landmark which relates directly to EQN despite those that can't accept what the people making the game say. Don't think I've every watched 5 hours worth of "talk/hype" for any game before EQN.

So Al.. Why come to the forums praising and promoting something that doesn't exist yet?  I have just as much right to be cautious and reserved to "HYPE", as you do believing that EQNext is the second coming of holy MMOhood..  I have lived long enough and seen more hype on games then one should..  I have yet to play ONE game that ever met the hype the devs and fans talked about prior to release..   You are waiting for EQN with anticipation like it's Christmas Eve, as I sit here and wait and see what happens.. 

My eyes are on a game called Elite Dangerous, and I hope it turns out to be just as wonderful as the original that came out 30 years ago.. YES, I am that old to remember that game on the Commodore computer systems.. But, I don't hype it..  I like playing the "wait and see" position, as it often doesn't lead to disappointment..  Try it sometime..

Allein

Elite Member

8/02/14 9:38:47 AM#33
Originally posted by Allein

So Al.. Why come to the forums praising and promoting something that doesn't exist yet?  I have just as much right to be cautious and reserved to "HYPE", as you do believing that EQNext is the second coming of holy MMOhood..  I have lived long enough and seen more hype on games then one should..  I have yet to play ONE game that ever met the hype the devs and fans talked about prior to release..   You are waiting for EQN with anticipation like it's Christmas Eve, as I sit here and wait and see what happens.. 

My eyes are on a game called Elite Dangerous, and I hope it turns out to be just as wonderful as the original that came out 30 years ago.. YES, I am that old to remember that game on the Commodore computer systems.. But, I don't hype it..  I like playing the "wait and see" position, as it often doesn't lead to disappointment..  Try it sometime..

I come here to constructively discuss a game I'm waiting for. With little info, we can go down a couple roads, "Yay that looks good" "Meh not impressed" or "....." and post nothing because of zero interest.

Such as Elite Dangerous. I have zero interest in it. Looks like another Star Citizen or whatever other Scifi flight sim in development. Unlike you though, I don't go to the forums and say it looks like a copy of other games coming out or been there done that or whatever other comments that don't really add to the conversation. Being dismissive is extremely easy to do.

Been online gaming for 18+ years. I've had my fair share of heart breaks and days where I wouldn't leave my bed because a dev didn't give me what I wanted...Or I'm a sane person and don't care that much if a video game is good or bad. Would love for EQN to be amazing, but if not, oh well. Sadly I find talking about it more entertaining then any of the games on the market currently.

You seem very far away from being "cautious and reserved" "sitting here waiting to see what happens" you are coming off as knowing better then those of us excited and actively trashing on what the devs have said and what many of us are hoping for and talking about.

Could be a 50 page thread of "Yay this looks awesome" "Woohoo hope it's great" then you "meh they don't know what they are doing, hype train failure." Sure it's your opinion and you are free to it, but what did you really add?

Guess unlike you, I've grown out my pessimistic stage of life, at least in gaming. If something lets me down or doesn't live up to my expectations, too bad. Doesn't mean I can't hope and get excited for things. Very happy there are new Star Wars movies coming out. In the back of my mind I know they can and might totally blow, but still have hope that they can do. Better then going "screw that, will never watch another SW film ever!"

Nothing you've said is based on any more facts or real info then any of our hype. Yet you talk down to "AI fans" as if we are blind fanbois. I personally don't need to be taught a lesson or have my eyes opened by your great wisdom.

Again, that's your right, but guess I just don't get the point of coming here being so negative. Would be something else if you had hopes for XYZ but W looks bad to you, but you seem to dislike EQN across the board. Just seems odd to me and I know I've probably said this before when you appear for a few days and rain on everyone's parade and move on. Maybe it's just this site with all the grumpy folks, probably why I discuss EQN on reddit mainly.

Oh well, continue on, I hope you are incorrect in your assumptions, but still some time to go.

Edit: I think this is your issue. I've played plenty of games that lived up to the hype (EQ, UO, AO, Aion, WAR, DAoC, SWG, WoW, GW2, etc). Were they perfect? Heck no. But they still provided lots of entertainment for me and many others. Maybe you take dev hype too serious or used to and have been burned too many times? Anyone that thinks a game is going to be "perfect" or exactly as imagined in our own mind is silly. I don't live in lala land myself, I realize only so much is possible, yet I have hope that companies can push the envelope and move forward. Doesn't mean it will work 100% exactly as promised or that I'll even enjoy it if it is exactly what I hoped for, but doesn't mean I'll be all doom and gloom beforehand.

azzamasin

Elite Member

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality.

8/02/14 9:48:29 AM#34

vaporware

It was more then a year ago that they said EQN will undergo a transformation and that we could get a taste of it by winter.  They have been true to their word and even released a Minecraft game for people who enjoy that sort of thing.  With that being said, the game is fairly new in development and is only a couple years into development after a complete overhaul so of course we're not going to get anything substantive other then the basics.  Give it a rest with your negativity.

If your idea of a Sandbox is open FFA Full Loot PvP, full crafted world with minimal support for anything combat then your sandbox ideas are bad! Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

azzamasin

Elite Member

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality.

8/02/14 9:55:09 AM#35
The negative in this thread.  At least the unwarranted negative and unproductive negativity is why most MMO's don't reveal much substance in their first few years of development.  Sad state of affairs that SOE decides to buck the trend and produce a game to satiate player's appetite and get dismissed by the haters right away.  I mean it's one thing to hate on a game that's in beta or has all the known information about it but it's extremely disheartening to hear all the negativity of a game that is barely a year into development.  Most games at this state would still be hidden away and nothing known about.  Oh well I suppose that is why we have the internet meme "hater's gonna hate".

If your idea of a Sandbox is open FFA Full Loot PvP, full crafted world with minimal support for anything combat then your sandbox ideas are bad! Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Pepeq

Elite Member

8/02/14 10:14:27 AM#36
Originally posted by azzamasin
The negative in this thread.  At least the unwarranted negative and unproductive negativity is why most MMO's don't reveal much substance in their first few years of development.  Sad state of affairs that SOE decides to buck the trend and produce a game to satiate player's appetite and get dismissed by the haters right away.  I mean it's one thing to hate on a game that's in beta or has all the known information about it but it's extremely disheartening to hear all the negativity of a game that is barely a year into development.  Most games at this state would still be hidden away and nothing known about.  Oh well I suppose that is why we have the internet meme "hater's gonna hate".

SOE should never have even mentioned EQNext until it was within a year of release.  I blame them for starting the flame wars... and that was exactly their intention, to start a flame war.  We don't need to know a damn thing about the game other than it's genre, generic premise, system requirements, purchase price, and release date.  All the other crap is purely to incite forum wars, nothing more, nothing less.  It rarely makes the game a better game, it almost certainly creates a short played game.

I don't need to be in on the design phase of some car I might buy 10 years down the road.  Build the damn thing and if I like it, I will buy it when it's sitting on the lot.  The less you know, the better.

Rydeson

Elite Member

8/02/14 12:51:17 PM#37
Originally posted by Pepeq

SOE should never have even mentioned EQNext until it was within a year of release.  I blame them for starting the flame wars... and that was exactly their intention, to start a flame war.  We don't need to know a damn thing about the game other than it's genre, generic premise, system requirements, purchase price, and release date.  All the other crap is purely to incite forum wars, nothing more, nothing less.  It rarely makes the game a better game, it almost certainly creates a short played game.

I don't need to be in on the design phase of some car I might buy 10 years down the road.  Build the damn thing and if I like it, I will buy it when it's sitting on the lot.  The less you know, the better.

+2..    SOE wanted to start drama, it's perfect marketing and hype that might have a negative impact..  But I do agree, they should just shut up, make the game, and put it on the shelves for sale..  However, my gut tells me Landmark is their version of kickstarter for EQN, so they needed to do what they did to get $$$$$ to finance their game..

azzamasin

Elite Member

8/03/14 11:37:03 PM#38

Many studios release details of upcoming MMO's.  In fact many Triple-A games have been announced 2-3 years out.

Gallus85

Elite Member

8/05/14 12:19:34 AM#39

Many studios release details of upcoming MMO's.  In fact many Triple-A games have been announced 2-3 years out.

Ya Azz, other companies announce games 2-3 years out, but SOE is "evil" so anything they do is shitty in their tiny minds.

Had they announced it 1 year out, they'd be complaining that they didn't get any community feedback while making the game.

You can't win with these kids.

Legends of Kesmai, UO, EQ, AO, DAoC, AC, SB, RO, SWG, EVE, EQ2, CoH, GW, VG:SOH, WAR, Aion, DF, CO, MO, DN, Tera, SWTOR, RO2, DP, GW2, PS2, BnS, NW, FF:XIV, ESO, EQ:NL

Hokie

Elite Member

Hey Devs, just so you know. The more you give us to play with, the more we play.

8/05/14 12:30:29 AM#40

They are promising or had promised a lot.

And truthfully I dont think they will be able to deliver on 1/2 of it. I think we may get some shallow or shadowed version of some of those things, but not truly the vision they promised.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search