Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | EverQuest | World of Warcraft

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,902,206 Users Online:0
Games:753  Posts:6,275,618
Sony Online Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Development  (est.rel 2014)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

EverQuest Next Forum » General Discussion » Players can make "sci fi" stuff in EQ: Landmark

2 Pages 1 2 » Search
21 posts found
  Bidwood

Novice Member

Joined: 2/26/13
Posts: 555

 
OP  9/04/13 9:36:27 PM#1

Georgeson mentioned "sci fi hover platforms" in the context of types of things people can build and tag for like-minded players to find.

 

Cool. So I think as long as you aren't creating stuff that's hateful or offensive, you can probably make whatever you want!

 

http://www.eqhammer.com/interview/dave-georgeson-tells-us-why-everquest-next-landmark-fully-fledged-mmo

  zevni78

Novice Member

Joined: 12/02/10
Posts: 1121

9/04/13 9:46:26 PM#2
Yes, you can build anything, but are limited to fantasy only within the "Norrath" zone.
  Zorlofe

Novice Member

Joined: 2/10/07
Posts: 189

It's all just pixels...

9/04/13 9:58:32 PM#3
This is going to be really interesting to see what people come up with. I can't wait!
  Magicabbage

Novice Member

Joined: 1/12/11
Posts: 95

9/04/13 9:59:57 PM#4

Is there a release date yet?

 

  Bidwood

Novice Member

Joined: 2/26/13
Posts: 555

 
OP  9/04/13 10:15:11 PM#5
I also can't wait. This could easily surpass EQ Next in awesomeness, especially if they include some interesting PVP options. =)
  Kyllien

Novice Member

Joined: 3/22/13
Posts: 315

9/04/13 10:19:27 PM#6
This was put out at SOE Live during the reveal.  The only release date info given is this winter.
  Kyllien

Novice Member

Joined: 3/22/13
Posts: 315

9/04/13 10:20:54 PM#7
Originally posted by Bidwood
I also can't wait. This could easily surpass EQ Next in awesomeness, especially if they include some interesting PVP options. =)

There won't be any combat so any PVP would simply be multiple players getting together to build something.

  Karteli

Apprentice Member

Joined: 7/09/12
Posts: 2704

9/04/13 10:23:57 PM#8

You can't build a floating UFO essentially.  Everything you create in Landmark needs approval before it can be copied into EQN.  Although, I suppose you could have a UFO prototype in Landmark.

 

I expect to see many "unapproved" phallic symbols in EQ:Landmark.  I'll LMAO .. but I expect SOE to be more professional and just ignore whats going on (as long as people pay). $5 for a 1 acre penis shrine is going to be a steal.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

  Bidwood

Novice Member

Joined: 2/26/13
Posts: 555

 
OP  9/04/13 10:25:13 PM#9
you sure there won't be any combat? I thought I heard Georgeson say something about that...

anyway... what kind of stuff are you folks tempted to build?
  arieste

Novice Member

Joined: 10/11/04
Posts: 3310

9/04/13 11:26:54 PM#10
Originally posted by Karteli

You can't build a floating UFO essentially.  Everything you create in Landmark needs approval before it can be copied into EQN.  Although, I suppose you could have a UFO prototype in Landmark.

You can BUILD a planet full of UFO's  firing lasers at futuristic cities.  You just can't transfer those into EQN.   In Landmark, you can build whatever, it's not restricted to fantasy stuff.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2
Currently Playing: EQ2, Firefall

  Kyllien

Novice Member

Joined: 3/22/13
Posts: 315

9/04/13 11:42:07 PM#11
Originally posted by Bidwood
you sure there won't be any combat? I thought I heard Georgeson say something about that...

anyway... what kind of stuff are you folks tempted to build?

If anything PVP hasn't been discussed.  It has bearly been mentioned.  The whole purpose of Landmark is to create and build.  There will only be one class: Adventurer. 

EverQuest Next is the game that you are thinking of that will have combat and PvP and questing and 40+ classes ...

  Kyllien

Novice Member

Joined: 3/22/13
Posts: 315

9/04/13 11:46:31 PM#12
Originally posted by arieste
Originally posted by Karteli

You can't build a floating UFO essentially.  Everything you create in Landmark needs approval before it can be copied into EQN.  Although, I suppose you could have a UFO prototype in Landmark.

You can BUILD a planet full of UFO's  firing lasers at futuristic cities.  You can't transfer those into EQN.   In Landmark, you can build whatever, it's not restricted to fantasy stuff.

Anything built on Norrath has to be built within Norrathian standards.  Anything built on other continents can be whatever style that customer service allows.  Therefore you will be able to build UFOs in Landmark, just not on Norrath.

  svann

Novice Member

Joined: 12/06/06
Posts: 1634

9/05/13 1:33:06 AM#13
Im thinking rotating sphere with internal 3d maze.
  tom_gore

Apprentice Member

Joined: 2/27/09
Posts: 1804

9/05/13 3:30:28 AM#14
Originally posted by svann
Im thinking rotating sphere with internal 3d maze.

Considering that we haven't seen any moving structures so far and considering how difficult it would be to pull off in a voxel environment, it could or could not be possible at all.

  Redfeather75

Novice Member

Joined: 7/08/05
Posts: 182

9/05/13 11:14:39 AM#15

I just call them magic platforms. Because when asked how they work... "they be magic". And when asked what that type of behaviour can lead to... "it's up to the imagination of magic".
Go forth and create!

  Mr.Kujo

Novice Member

Joined: 5/23/12
Posts: 392

“Discussion is impossible with someone who claims not to seek the truth, but already to possess it.”

9/05/13 11:21:22 AM#16

I really hope that it won't be too strict in Norrath, and player will still be able to have some variety, not only a set of textures and items that fit into story etc.

Is it known, if Landmark will be a separate game even after EQN release, or is it just something made for promotion and to help build the world for the main game?

  Enrif

Apprentice Member

Joined: 8/06/13
Posts: 145

9/05/13 12:41:25 PM#17
Originally posted by Mr.Kujo

I really hope that it won't be too strict in Norrath, and player will still be able to have some variety, not only a set of textures and items that fit into story etc.

Is it known, if Landmark will be a separate game even after EQN release, or is it just something made for promotion and to help build the world for the main game?

Its a seperate MMO on its own

  Grahor

Apprentice Member

Joined: 5/08/11
Posts: 854

9/07/13 2:57:04 PM#18

In the same sense as Second Life is a MMO. It's a building tool, not any kind of game. It's like Steam Workshop. I mean, all y'all people who can't wait - surely you all have spent countless hours of your life building and creating in Second Life and Steam Workshop? Landmark would have the same excitement!

 

What? Suddenly it isn't as exciting as it seemed? It actually seems boring? I mean, none of you created anything in Steam Workshop, did you?

 

Yeah, that's what I thought.

 

You'll be bored of Landmark in an hour.

  Neanderthal

Advanced Member

Joined: 2/14/05
Posts: 1613

9/07/13 4:36:22 PM#19
Originally posted by Grahor

In the same sense as Second Life is a MMO. It's a building tool, not any kind of game. It's like Steam Workshop. I mean, all y'all people who can't wait - surely you all have spent countless hours of your life building and creating in Second Life and Steam Workshop? Landmark would have the same excitement!

 

What? Suddenly it isn't as exciting as it seemed? It actually seems boring? I mean, none of you created anything in Steam Workshop, did you?

 

Yeah, that's what I thought.

 

You'll be bored of Landmark in an hour.

 

Heh, well you're just a big meany.  I bet you like telling little kids that Santa isn't real also.

  Grahor

Apprentice Member

Joined: 5/08/11
Posts: 854

9/08/13 5:43:16 AM#20
Originally posted by Neanderthal
Originally posted by Grahor

 

 Heh, well you're just a big meany.  I bet you like telling little kids that Santa isn't real also.

If the child in question is at least 12 and still thinks Santa is real, it is a duty of every sane person to explain to him what is what. 

 

I don't think a lot of people here are below 12... despite the evidence of their posts.

2 Pages 1 2 » Search