Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | The Crew | Black Gold

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,775,834 Users Online:0
Games:722  Posts:6,191,036
Sony Online Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Development  (est.rel 2014)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

EverQuest Next Forum » General Discussion » The biggest question of them all...

19 posts found
  Amaranthar

Advanced Member

OP  8/23/13 11:53:40 AM#1
Can you sit?

Once upon a time....

tom_gore

Apprentice Member

8/23/13 11:54:36 AM#2
...on chairs?
  Tygranir

Novice Member

8/23/13 11:55:20 AM#3
There are no chairs in Norrath.

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
Referral link
7 day subscriber level access
Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

vidiotking

Apprentice Member

one in the bush is better than one in the hand.

8/23/13 11:55:45 AM#4

My daughter hates it when your character can't sit, or lay down... She loves to have my avatars sleep and such....

Good question.

Kwansei

Apprentice Member

8/23/13 11:55:50 AM#5
..without being forced to look at a spellbook?
  Drakynn

Novice Member

8/23/13 11:56:16 AM#6
Originally posted by Tygranir
There are no chairs in Norrath.

Till you import them from Landmark.

Amaranthar

Advanced Member

OP  8/23/13 12:20:46 PM#7
Originally posted by tom_gore
...on chairs?

Which brings up the question of various race sizes. I'd like to see chairs for the various sizes, and if a race doesn't "fit" inside the arms of a chair they simply can't sit there. And if the chair is too large, you sit on it like sitting on a ledge, feet dangling. Or make the large races sit in low chairs as a racial thing, I guess.

Once upon a time....

Cragfire

Novice Member

8/23/13 12:38:01 PM#8
Originally posted by Amaranthar
...on chairs?

Which brings up the question of various race sizes. I'd like to see chairs for the various sizes, and if a race doesn't "fit" inside the arms of a chair they simply can't sit there. And if the chair is too large, you sit on it like sitting on a ledge, feet dangling. Or make the large races sit in low chairs as a racial thing, I guess.

Or since everything is made of voxels, a large creature sitting in a small chair simply crushes the chair to bits.

I guess that would be a form of griefing, if a large ogre went around sitting, and crushing, all the chairs in Norrath. hah.

Dewm

Spotlight Poster

Players come for the game, but they stay for the people- Most Devs have forgotten this.

8/23/13 1:18:10 PM#9
Originally posted by Cragfire
...on chairs?

Or since everything is made of voxels, a large creature sitting in a small chair simply crushes the chair to bits.

I guess that would be a form of griefing, if a large ogre went around sitting, and crushing, all the chairs in Norrath. hah.

hahaha oh for the lulz

Xthos

Hard Core Member

8/23/13 1:39:26 PM#10

I would bet money the answer will be yes, I am sure they know people find things like this to be important, especially in the style they are going towards.

Rydeson

Advanced Member

8/23/13 2:38:27 PM#11
All I want to know from Georgiepoo is .. Can I snare, root and kites mobs to death.. and Can I charm mobs to be my pet for a spell... IF NOT, this game is FAIL before it even starts.. 
  Vidir

Novice Member

8/23/13 2:40:26 PM#12
Can sit and am not holding my breath.
  malrats

Novice Member

8/23/13 2:44:20 PM#13
...on chairs?

lolol perfect!

Amaranthar

Advanced Member

OP  8/24/13 11:41:32 AM#14
...on chairs?

Well, imagine that the chair is "owned" by someone (PC or NPC) and that breaking it is a crime, similar to theft. And the Ogre gets flagged for breaking the chair, with accumulating "punishment" for every chair he breaks. Until NPC guards or players extract the punishment, anyways. Would that be griefing then, or game play?

Once upon a time....

Deolus

Apprentice Member

8/24/13 11:52:15 AM#15
...on chairs?

Well, imagine that the chair is "owned" by someone (PC or NPC) and that breaking it is a crime, similar to theft. And the Ogre gets flagged for breaking the chair, with accumulating "punishment" for every chair he breaks. Until NPC guards or players extract the punishment, anyways. Would that be griefing then, or game play?

The advanced AI would kick in then and the npc owner would start buying reinforced chairs or hire a bouncer.

Rydeson

Advanced Member

8/24/13 11:57:37 AM#16
Originally posted by Deolus
...on chairs?

The advanced AI would kick in then and the npc owner would start buying reinforced chairs or hire a bouncer.

So chair breaking is the new taunt?

Amaranthar

Advanced Member

OP  8/24/13 1:15:29 PM#17
Originally posted by Rydeson
...on chairs?

So chair breaking is the new taunt?

'xcept you don't have any backup. Unless your friends want to go criminal too, of course.

Once upon a time....

Torvaldr

Elite Member

8/24/13 1:21:28 PM#18
...on chairs?

Or cause her to ban all ogres from their establishment.  That would be awesome.  It could open up a quest chain for just ogre characters to redeem their race with the owner of the establishment (or house, whatever the case may be).  Something even cooler could be connected to that quest chain.  That is one thing I love about EQ2, some of the intricate interwoven quest chains. Imagine the possibilities with a more advanced AI.

I think a mind wipe so people could play an mmo like it was their first time again, would be easier to build than a new mmo people here would actually like. - DamonVile

Amaranthar

Advanced Member

OP  8/24/13 7:53:16 PM#19
Originally posted by Torvaldr
...on chairs?

Or cause her to ban all ogres from their establishment.  That would be awesome.  It could open up a quest chain for just ogre characters to redeem their race with the owner of the establishment (or house, whatever the case may be).  Something even cooler could be connected to that quest chain.  That is one thing I love about EQ2, some of the intricate interwoven quest chains. Imagine the possibilities with a more advanced AI.

Yes.

"Bring me 10 broken Ogre chairs." 

Once upon a time....