Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,775,056 Users Online:0
Games:722  Posts:6,189,675
Snail Game | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 06/20/14)  | Pub:Snail Game
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Black Gold Forum » General Discussion » Black Gold Bussines Model

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search
46 posts found
  Wraithone

Hard Core Member

If you can't kill it, don't make it mad.

12/07/13 10:33:16 PM#21
That business model works for me.  You don't have to play the game if you don't like it.  These games cost tens of millions to create. I have no problem with the Dev's wanting to make a profit off of their work.  It remains to be seen how the game will play. Until we know that, I'm going to reserve judgement.
  Torvaldr

Elite Member

12/07/13 10:38:26 PM#22
It doesn't really sound like the kind of payment model I would like, but I would have to try it to know for sure. If I didn't like the way they charge then I wouldn't play it. That's all assuming I like the game play in the first place.

I think a mind wipe so people could play an mmo like it was their first time again, would be easier to build than a new mmo people here would actually like. - DamonVile

Leiros

Hard Core Member

"mmorpg.com forums: Where SWG vets go to die."

5/07/14 6:24:36 PM#23
Sounds more like "Pay to Win" to me... which really kind of ruins games IMO.

kaiser3282

Tipster

5/07/14 6:48:33 PM#24

Here is a description of their payment model from the game site itself: http://bg.snailgame.com/news/view/23

It sounds like a really weird system. Not too sure what to think of it. Obviously theres the bad side of having to pay to get your good loot, but at the same time depending on what the costs are, how important gear is, how often you need to upgrade, what the differences are between basic and rare stuff, etc it may not be such a bad thing. Are we talking cents here per file? A few dollars? How often will the average player need to even use the system?

TBH it doesnt sound all that different to me over systems where you generally only get basic gear, but then can buy upgraders from a cash shop. The difference being that in this case youre paying for the item which is already rare, rather than paying to upgrade a basic to a rare. I agree both systems do sound like P2W (but can't say for sure without seeing all of the details and how much of a power gain there is in game), but this may not actually be all that different than already existing systems, just a different implementation.

I plan on trying out the beta starting in a week, so will have a chance to see just what sort of impact this system has when playing free vs having to buy save files. Until then, I cant really say just how bad such a system is. It's something different, and different tends to scare people and cause knee jerk reactions before actually learning how things truly work.

Vinmo

Novice Member

5/07/14 9:09:49 PM#25

Taken from their info page:

"There will be two separate buttons: you can buy the save directly, or select “try your luck” to have a chance at reducing the credits required or even obtain loots without any cost! This is a fun little option to maximize player benefits."

1. Why should anyone ever buy the loot directly if you have a chance to get it for free or at a reduced price? Might there be a max of how often you can use the "try your luck" button?

2. Sounds really really wierd. And unless the chance for free loot is at  about 10% the game will be frustrating as hell. Even 10% would be annoying. Find the item you want 10 times and you get it once, with luck.

Kilrain

Apprentice Member

5/07/14 9:21:32 PM#26
Originally posted by rojo6934

Whoever pays for loot unlock will always beat you.

HAH people who jump to conclusions like this are fucking hilarious. I'll reserve judgement for later and if I get my ass kicked by every person who pays for loot (assuming I pvp) then it's p2w, if not then it isn't.

Though I will say this type of model with the added subscription with no limitation sounds pretty good to me .. hmm more thinking required.

professional web programming and design.

Gdemami

Elite Member

5/08/14 2:47:19 AM#27

It all depends on whether you can trade items with other players. In that case, it is not much different from Age of Wushu.

I think it's awesome.

Muppetier

Apprentice Member

5/08/14 3:15:16 AM#28

I have no problem with games giving an advantage to those you are prepared to pay.

The problem with this pay for loot system is that the more you pay the more advantage you get. At that point P2W fails.

farfanugon

Novice Member

blaw blaw blaw

5/08/14 3:35:24 AM#29

Myself , I Love This Business Model ,

Im Paying To Support A Game , There Is No Way In Hell A Free Loader Should Ever Have Better Gear Than Me ,

I Have No Problem With The Free Loaders Being Able To Play.. But They Should Never Have A Chance To Be A Top Player .

The Carrot Should Be Dangled In Front Of The Free Loaders Faces Until They Just Cant Take It Any More ,And Support The Game That Brings Them Hours Of Entertainment For Weeks On End

xardas80

Novice Member

5/08/14 6:39:11 AM#30

Usually those who put money into the game have better gear than those who do not put money in the game, or their  faster than others... idk, 

Now do not be rude and do not discriminate against those who do not put money in game.

oboc

Novice Member

5/08/14 3:29:37 PM#31
Who is sitting around thinking this crap up ? I must need some stronger meds to understand this system. 
  BadOrb

Apprentice Member

5/08/14 3:32:46 PM#32
Originally posted by Robokapp

No subscription, No cash shop and no limitations. 

a pay wall.

I don't get it.

who built the wall. the f2p'ers, the b2p'ers or the p2p'ers ?

Roger Waters built The Wall.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing.
"SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

Uhwop

Elite Member

5/08/14 3:38:28 PM#33
Originally posted by Myrdynn
Originally posted by Tuchaka
Ya I stopped playing AOW because of the way they run their cash shop, not because its a bad game. Looks like I won't be playing this game either, players need to avoid games like Black Desert or we are encouraging worse and worse cash shop policies.

this is Black Gold, dont confuse it with Black Desert

So glad you pointed that out.  

Made the same mistake myself.  

falkonas

Novice Member

5/10/14 4:02:59 AM#34

P2W fail.  Enough said. 

Torvaldr

Elite Member

5/10/14 4:07:56 AM#35
Originally posted by BadOrb

No subscription, No cash shop and no limitations. 

a pay wall.

I don't get it.

who built the wall. the f2p'ers, the b2p'ers or the p2p'ers ?

Roger Waters built The Wall.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?

I think a mind wipe so people could play an mmo like it was their first time again, would be easier to build than a new mmo people here would actually like. - DamonVile

MadDemon64

Hard Core Member

Why is it that fantasy trolls are vulnerable to fire, but internet trolls thrive on flame wars?

5/13/14 11:30:03 AM#36

Actually, that model is for the chinese version.

This is the version we are getting: http://bg.snailgame.com/news/view/25

Basically, we get what equates to unlocked lockboxes with random loot (based on a table) that can be opened once every hour.  Depending on what we do, the table improves and we can get better loot, and we have the option of not opening the box in order to do more stuff and get better loot (I think).  We can do it twice a day for free, but for people who play more, in order to get more boxes, we need to pay.

A much better system if you ask me, but I have no idea if it will work.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

kaiser3282

Tipster

5/27/14 7:34:07 AM#37
Originally posted by MadDemon64

Actually, that model is for the chinese version.

This is the version we are getting: http://bg.snailgame.com/news/view/25

Basically, we get what equates to unlocked lockboxes with random loot (based on a table) that can be opened once every hour.  Depending on what we do, the table improves and we can get better loot, and we have the option of not opening the box in order to do more stuff and get better loot (I think).  We can do it twice a day for free, but for people who play more, in order to get more boxes, we need to pay.

A much better system if you ask me, but I have no idea if it will work.

Wanted to follow up on this. That is basically how the system works, and to clarify you DO get all of your actual loot drops from mobs & treasure chests. This system is just for some additional items.

As you kill mobs, do quests, loot treasure chests, etc you build up something called Treasure Points. Each hour the game saves and allows you to purchase a Sands of Time item which has a quality dependant on the nuber of treasure points you earned. It works in tiers where X treasure points moves you up to the next grade of sands of time. Higher tiers give higher level & quality items. For example the lower tiers give level 13 equipment, the next tier gives level 21, then 30, then 40. If you get high eough you will be able to get items called prototypes, which are used for upgrading end game equipment to better versions with improved stats.

You also have the option of either getting the equipment / items mentioned above, or refining the sands of time for different types of items like gems to put into sockets of your equipment to increase their stats.

Also, each time you purchase a sands of time, you also gain a bit of the currency called Black Gold. which is used for things like exchanging for Carrier Points ( to fuel, repair, and upgrade your mechs / beasts), trading through the auction house, recharging points used for the teleport system, and a few other things.

I'd say the system is definitely not P2W as it is now considering as I mentioned, actual drops do not need to be unlocked using this system. The only thing you need to use it for end game really is to get the prottypes for upgrading, which you can still get 2 of per day for free. So may take slightly longer than a paying player, but can be done fairly easily for free.

Ragnar1337

Hard Core Member

6/17/14 7:54:24 AM#38
Either way this sounds like a dumb system. Either it is a complete pay to win or if it can be successfully done for free easily how the hell do they make any money off of this? Sounds like a lose/lose situation to me. 
  Allacore69

Elite Member

6/18/14 1:23:56 AM#39

Originally posted by GwapoJosh

Originally posted by Myrdynn lol, that is awful, snail games sucks already  
Snail games sucks balls and so does their Wushu.. One thing is for sure though, If you say something bad about Wushu, Bcbully will report you..

Oh god he'll report you if you say anything bad about any game he posts to.

Allacore69

Elite Member

6/18/14 1:26:03 AM#40

Originally posted by Torvaldr

Originally posted by BadOrb

Originally posted by rojo6934  No subscription, No cash shop and no limitations.  a pay wall.
I don't get it. who built the wall. the f2p'ers, the b2p'ers or the p2p'ers ?
Roger Waters built The Wall. Cheers, BadOrb.
If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?

You, yes you behind the grey shed, stand still laddy!

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search