Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | Star Wars: The Old Republic | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,922,576 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,315,437
Pearl Abyss | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Development  (est.rel 2014)  | Pub:DAUM Korea
Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Black Desert Forum » General Discussion » Character Creation. WOW!

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
51 posts found
  Keitaro333

Advanced Member

4/08/14 11:52:55 AM#41
Originally posted by Burtzum

I really like the muted palette and natural lighting of this game.  I wish more western MMOs would go that direction instead of gaudy saturated colors with a heavy film of color-grading over top.  

The characters look ridiculous though.  They're way too pretty and prissy.  They look like they're ready for a photo shoot for some glamour magazine or something.  For inspiration for their characters' faces they should look at Game of Thrones, not Jersey Shore and 90210.

:D  You have a point. The creator is pretty extensive but they really need a face texture/complexion change, it drastically changes how a face looks. Also a few more eye and mouth types. Theres only so much you can do with scale sliders.

Bigdaddyx

Elite Member

4/08/14 11:57:20 AM#42
Originally posted by DMKano
Originally posted by JimmyYO
It's crazy how much better this game looks then everything else on the market. Still looking for a catch but not finding one.

Not in actual gameplay - it looks very average in actual gameplay.

here look at the latest CBT2 in game video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2p-YyHkQt0

Doesn't look all the spectacular.

Game looks fantastic in character creation - but it doesn't look like that in gameplay.

Did we see the same video? it looks fantastic in gameplay and world.

cheyane

Hard Core Member

4/08/14 12:02:40 PM#43

Really good I am confused though is it optional PvP or not ?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

KingLlama

Apprentice Member

4/08/14 12:05:54 PM#44
Looking good.

Playing - WoW
Character Name - Thefiend

Wizardry

Elite Member

Perhaps tomorrow will be better.

4/08/14 12:10:32 PM#45

I am very interested to see the release of this game to see what it has to offer but....

Character creation in games is almost completely meaningless.The ONLY part that really matters is racial and class abilities and stats,that is what defines your player.The only thing your going to see is the face,the rest of the body will look identical to others with gear on,perhaps 100% identical if the game is not using several different  player models to which i do not know yet.

WE are still in the infancy of character creation,hair is still  non movement stick-ons and no facial expressions,albeit if i am not mistaking EQNext was claiming to finally introduce those.

Bottom line for me is nothing superficial,the end result of the game is what i am looking for.I want to see in depth systems,there is no way in hell i am going to get myself involved in another connect the dots questing game with a race to end game grinding.

I also want to see some real meaning in crafting,i hear TESO is trying to break some ground there but geesh ,why can't we have a 100% complete game from one developer.Anyhoot,i hope Black desert can do more than look good,that is the REAL information i am waiting for.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Napolianboo#p/u/15/rCYLLQCNc1w
Samoan Diamond

gimmiblackdesertnow

Novice Member

4/08/14 12:19:21 PM#46
Why am I the only one enraged by the fact that western publishers don't give a shit about this game? What the hell is going on? I'm not going to wait 2 years for this, russians are getting it already... -.-
  Bigdaddyx

Elite Member

4/08/14 12:22:40 PM#47
Originally posted by gimmiblackdesertnow
Why am I the only one enraged by the fact that western publishers don't give a shit about this game? What the hell is going on? I'm not going to wait 2 years for this, russians are getting it already... -.-

You can learn decent amount of Russian in 6 months time. Why wait 2 years? 

Kattycake

Novice Member

4/08/14 7:44:39 PM#48
I just saw this on reddit. I have no words!

xoxo

Dullahan

Advanced Member

Death to Themepark.

4/10/14 11:06:47 PM#49
Originally posted by Bigdaddyx
Originally posted by DMKano
Originally posted by JimmyYO
It's crazy how much better this game looks then everything else on the market. Still looking for a catch but not finding one.

Not in actual gameplay - it looks very average in actual gameplay.

here look at the latest CBT2 in game video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2p-YyHkQt0

Doesn't look all the spectacular.

Game looks fantastic in character creation - but it doesn't look like that in gameplay.

Did we see the same video? it looks fantastic in gameplay and world.

Agreed.  I thought it looked beautiful and I liked the fact that he was unable to push the horse beyond his riding capabilities (due to either the horse or his riding skill).  Reminds me of mortal online when you first start riding.

I think we've become accustomed to graphics and character models being so alike, but if they start to vary and become more unique, people will begin to notice again.  I know when I was playing ESO recently I put quite a bit of time in creating my character and always took the time to look at how other players decided to customize their own.

Played EQ, UO, DAoC, AO, WoW, EQII, Vanguard, Ryzom, Darkfall, Warhammer, Rift, MO, Tera, DFUW, Age of Wushu, NW2, ESO, ArcheAge and many others I don't remember or care to admit.
-
Awaiting The Repopulation, Camelot Unchained & Shroud of the Avatar.
-
Don't be ignorant. Get an MMO education!

RebelScum99

Apprentice Member

4/10/14 11:15:42 PM#50
Originally posted by Kattycake
I just saw this on reddit. I have no words!

Neither do I .  I simply can't believe they made it so you can make your pupils different shape.  Talk about a useless, idiotic feature.  

Seriously, aside from that, the character creation looks really good.  I just can't get over why they thought having star-shaped pupils was necessary.  

Fdzzaigl

Advanced Member

4/21/14 10:38:14 AM#51
Damn, I think ima need a new computer when this comes out... :p

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search