Trending Games | ArcheAge | WildStar | Landmark | Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,851,174 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,224,733
Pearl Abyss | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Development  (est.rel 2014)  | Pub:DAUM Korea
Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Black Desert Forum » General Discussion » MMO To Watch In 2014: Black Desert Online

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
36 posts found
  Ender4

Advanced Member

1/03/14 11:12:41 AM#21

I can tell from that video that I'm not interested no matter what features they put in the game. Clunky animations and sluggish movement are a game breaker for me, you simply cannot succeed with them.

keithian

Hard Core Member

1/31/14 2:26:25 AM#22
I've been sporadically following this game and I could have sworn in a recent interview in the late fall or maybe it was a video they stated probably not 2014 for the West. I highly doubt we will see it this year. I do think its a beautiful looking game, but seriously? You compared shooting a bird out of the sky to sandbox? Lol. It would have been nice to hear about true sandbox features if they really exist. Though you used the words Super Excited a lot, it was not encouraging to hear how the PVE isn't anything to be excited about. Hopefully you'll be wrong. I did like how they are handling the gender classes. Finally a Wizard versus a Scorcerer :-). I guess a lot more men will be playing women more than they already do.

There Is Always Hope!

Mr.SeriousGuy

Advanced Member

3/22/14 6:29:34 AM#23
Originally posted by keithian
I've been sporadically following this game and I could have sworn in a recent interview in the late fall or maybe it was a video they stated probably not 2014 for the West. I highly doubt we will see it this year. I do think its a beautiful looking game, but seriously? You compared shooting a bird out of the sky to sandbox? Lol. It would have been nice to hear about true sandbox features if they really exist. Though you used the words Super Excited a lot, it was not encouraging to hear how the PVE isn't anything to be excited about. Hopefully you'll be wrong. I did like how they are handling the gender classes. Finally a Wizard versus a Scorcerer :-). I guess a lot more men will be playing women more than they already do.

2015 release in NA probably but...

it cant be any more boring than the task bar and tab to target systems . the game will probably be better to play with a controller . left click / right click tap or holding them and pressing toward a enemy or away has different effect and q will block/dodge and f kick (think it's non weapon attack for some classes not specifically kick) for example . . its combo based so just hitting left click would probably just do the same thing over and over

http://www.black-desert.com/control/    

on gender locking from what i understand sorcerer isnt gender locked just like ranger and warrior . wizard and valkyrie are separate gender locked classes  like predator and probably tamer when ever they add tamer in  . the following explains that some classes are gender locked some are not . its in races because if you have different races people may wonder what classes the different races can play as (since in some mmorpgs races are class locked aswell)  

http://www.black-desert.com/races

i wouldnt say black desert has everything but its probably better than 99.6% of the other stuff on this site and gloria victus may have the worst combat in the history of mmorpgs right now (they say they will fix it but time will tell) and the mix of things black desert has versus ESO just makes bethesda look dumb for not making ESO them selves (even then TES isnt know for having great combat) . by the time it comes out people will be bored with wild star , ESO , and EQN though EQN would be expected to still hold some of the mine craft players attention (those guys will play anything) 

Kyleran

Bitter Vet™

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

3/22/14 7:09:16 AM#24
Won't be released in the West in 2014, might not even make 2015. Even then we'll likely be on some older version that's a couple behind Korea, which is annoying to me.

Not impressed yet.

"In these forums 'honest' seems to be a symonym for 'hates the game just like I do'" - ohioastro
Kyleran - Bitter Vet ™ since 2006
"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

LisaFlexy22

Novice Member

3/22/14 7:40:58 AM#25
very impressed by some of what I've seen from this game but we won't see it here in 2014
  lizardbones

Elite Member

I've become dependent upon spell check. My apologies for stupid grammatical errors.

3/22/14 8:50:14 AM#26

I was hopeful, but this isn't the Steampunk one, so now not so much.  Meh.

How can people say the genre is dying when there are so many new games coming out that the names are starting to run together?

For every large, complex problem, there is a simple, clear solution that also happens to be absolutely wrong.

InporylemQQ

Tipster

3/23/14 3:05:21 PM#27
Hoping to see a lot of improvement on the engine in cbt2.

ArcheAge, Black Desert and Bless videos InporylemQQ Youtube

SirBalin

Warmonger

3/23/14 10:22:29 PM#28

I played Korean beat, you can see my vid here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAPxdxyGG_o

Game is a blast, but don't expect it till 2015

Incognito
www.incognito-gaming.us
"You're either with us or against us"

Nightlite

Advanced Member

3/23/14 10:33:21 PM#29
Facebook page is very English friendly, but Korean games have a track record making it to NA. Realistically we most likely will never see this game.
  SirBalin

Warmonger

3/23/14 10:35:07 PM#30
Originally posted by Nightlite
Facebook page is very English friendly, but Korean games have a track record making it to NA. Realistically we most likely will never see this game.

Lol..they are currently looking for an NA publisher...

Incognito
www.incognito-gaming.us
"You're either with us or against us"

kairel182

Elite Member

3/23/14 10:45:27 PM#31

I like the concept of the game and visually it's not bad like most Korean games (bright, flashy, cartoony, etc)...

BUT.  Why do all Korean games have to do the "freeze when hit" and "clang" when melee attacks land, causing mobs to flash and your character to stutter freeze while hitting them?  You know, you swing a sword and it freezes for a brief second with each hit of a target?

I've never understood why they all do this and make all the animations so jerky, especially when you walk.  You go from walking straight to 45 degrees without ever seeing your character move and it looks like you just warped.

Maybe it's just me, but this drives me up a wall.  I don't mind simple animations but it's just an eye-sore when I see Korean MMO's do this.

sync8

Novice Member

4/06/14 5:48:51 AM#32
We'll see when it gets here.
  User Deleted
4/06/14 10:08:30 AM#33

Unfortunately, the only thing to watch about this game are the years going by as I wait for a publisher to bring it to my country.

handlewithcare

Apprentice Member

4/06/14 10:25:48 AM#34

has been in my radar but archeage I played the beta and I will not buy the game it should be free no game price or sub.

its a A game not AAA GW2 is better.

everquest next is AAA and TITAN is going to be AAA with no sub.,i don't know where these cheap eastern games think they can compete.

Rhypo

Advanced Member

4/06/14 10:41:57 AM#35
Like EQ next doesn't look like a damn disney movie...give me a break with the western AAA mmo's, most of them are crap as well.
  gimmiblackdesertnow

Novice Member

4/08/14 12:21:31 PM#36
Originally posted by Rhypo
Like EQ next doesn't look like a damn disney movie...give me a break with the western AAA mmo's, most of them are crap as well.

^^this

2 Pages « 1 2 Search