Trending Games | Pirate101 | ArcheAge | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Wasteland 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,860,073 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,245,434
Pearl Abyss | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Development  (est.rel 2014)  | Pub:DAUM Korea
Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Black Desert Forum » General Discussion » Gender lock still on or dropped ?

7 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Search
130 posts found
  reeereee

Advanced Member

2/23/14 5:52:53 PM#41
Originally posted by Ekoazarak

ARG!

genderlock is so facking dumb... this just sours it for me ;(

why why why must the most interesting games do SOO MUCH AWESOME and then RUIN IT WITH CRITICAL DUMB?!?

Wouldn't worry about it too much, considering how many years it takes most Korean games to get an NA/EU version up the issue might be resolved by then.

flizzer

Elite Member

2/23/14 5:55:04 PM#42
I find this totally fascinating. Personally, I dont understand how this matters in the slightest.  Does this mean you want to play a female character and can't or you have to play a male character?   I guess I am missing something.   Is this all about staring at large breasts on your avatar?    
  reeereee

Advanced Member

2/23/14 6:08:37 PM#43
Originally posted by flizzer
I find this totally fascinating. Personally, I dont understand how this matters in the slightest.  Does this mean you want to play a female character and can't or you have to play a male character?   I guess I am missing something.   Is this all about staring at large breasts on your avatar?    

Could easily be the opposite and they're upset about having to play a female character to play the class they want.

ikcin

Apprentice Member

2/24/14 11:53:15 AM#44
It's RPG. It shall be gender locked. You want all characters to have same abilities, to choose only skin, and to play. This is not role-playing. The game shall be class locked, gender locked and race locked. And shall not be armor or weapon locked. I can't understand you. This game is unique, but you want PA to make it like any other stupid ??? we have these days. This game has a soul. It is not a mish-mash with pirates, aliens, knights and cowboys - something to everybody, and nothing on the whole. This game has aesthetic. This game is different. There is not underwater combat, flying, or some other ridiculous actions. But seems you want one more themepark game. So don't play BDO. Go play ESO or GW2. Or accept the difference and enjoy it.

Ekoazarak

Novice Member

3/12/14 8:35:57 AM#45
Originally posted by ikcin
It's RPG. It shall be gender locked. You want all characters to have same abilities, to choose only skin, and to play. This is not role-playing. The game shall be class locked, gender locked and race locked. And shall not be armor or weapon locked. I can't understand you. This game is unique, but you want PA to make it like any other stupid ??? we have these days. This game has a soul. It is not a mish-mash with pirates, aliens, knights and cowboys - something to everybody, and nothing on the whole. This game has aesthetic. This game is different. There is not underwater combat, flying, or some other ridiculous actions. But seems you want one more themepark game. So don't play BDO. Go play ESO or GW2. Or accept the difference and enjoy it.

so basically BD has soul and aesthetic because its gender locked? rofl

bad logic. your post is confused and unconnected.

dumb.

Mr.SeriousGuy

Apprentice Member

3/18/14 3:26:48 AM#46

this video has dialog thats not i n english but its from march and if you skip to the end you will see some of the alt gender versions of the archer and warrior at 3:50 in the video . even if its a anti version of the other class its remarkable similar appearance and im willing to bet not so different game play wise .  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA-SNTA9D0A

Maquiame

Hard Core Member

Power without perception is spiritually useless and of no true value

3/18/14 3:51:38 AM#47
I don't care if its gender locked. I just want to be able to make a black guy and not have him automatically  be the giant.

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

Dauntis

Spotlight Poster

3/18/14 4:11:42 AM#48

Man so many genres I just want to play a male version of all the female only classes.

Amazons

Black Furies

Daughters of Cacophony

Ahermine

Llamia

Valkyrie

I have wanted to live out my fantasies ever since I was denied being a Hooters Girl.

Cuz screw any kinda of story or anything that would make classes more unique, every race and gender should be able to be anything. Oh and don't even consider having races that are androgynous!

I would like to give an opinion on this post, but if I agree I will offend people who disagree. While if I disagree my comment will be seen as inflammatory. Either way I will get banned by this site full of the most delicate flowers in online gaming. Ban people for giving honest opinions... beautiful. Unfortunately I still like the articles.

Reehay

Apprentice Member

3/20/14 11:43:58 AM#49
Originally posted by Dauntis

Man so many genres I just want to play a male version of all the female only classes.

Amazons

Black Furies

Daughters of Cacophony

Ahermine

Llamia

Valkyrie

I have wanted to live out my fantasies ever since I was denied being a Hooters Girl.

Cuz screw any kinda of story or anything that would make classes more unique, every race and gender should be able to be anything. Oh and don't even consider having races that are androgynous!

I know right?!

well good thing that Black Desert has supergeneric races - human, elf, dwarf, giant, hobbit with nothing to do with any story!!! but dont worry Mr. Hooter, you can still make a dwarf with a beard and tuck it as you apply ur lipstick and call urself a pretty lady with Gimli's voice. it'll be alright.

JimmyYO

Apprentice Member

3/20/14 11:46:35 AM#50
Gender locks are a dumb move no matter what game it is but it doesn't even close to undo the amount of potential Black Desert has.
  Nihilist

Advanced Member

4/10/14 3:40:41 PM#51

Its just straight up lazy/cheap design. Fewer character models = less art assets and animations, especially in an action oriented game.

Its lame because it means people cannot make the character they want to play and because everyone is virtually a carbon-copy of everyone else within their chosen class.

ikcin

Apprentice Member

4/10/14 4:06:48 PM#52
This is the MMORPG with the best design till now, with the most various character customization system, and one of the games with most various armor and weapon systems.

gimmiblackdesertnow

Novice Member

4/10/14 4:17:03 PM#53

Only few classes are locked in a reasonable way. If this is a huge bummer to you, then that's sad and ridiculous at the same time.

Certain genders are much more equipped for particular roles in our society in real too. Why make it so different in a game?

VikingGamer

Advanced Member

The strong are sometimes wrong but the weak are never free.

4/10/14 4:25:02 PM#54

I think this is great. I like the idea of having gender locked classes. It makes gender impactful and not just a cosmetic quality. That is why it add diversity and not just simply more possible combinations, because only women will be able to bring certain abilities to the group and only men will be able to bring other abilities to the group. They will need to work together a compliment one another to achieve the goal. That is real diversity.

Making everybody capable of all the same things. Now that is boring.

All die, so die well.
Join SOLA in ArcheAge.

JimmyYO

Apprentice Member

4/10/14 4:30:46 PM#55

it's a stupid decision no doubt but why is it such a deal breaker?? It basically has the best character customization known to man and a very immersive looking world. if you passed that up because of gender lock classes it's totally your loss.

When almost every new game has such watered down classes it's a stretch to even call them classes it's kind of silly to make a big deal out of gender locks. Where are all the complaints for half the classes in FFXIV feeling similiar and/or watered down? But hey at least they aren't gender locked! /sarcasim

InporylemQQ

Tipster

4/10/14 7:30:09 PM#56
I don't really see why every game has to be a 1:1 copy of something else I kinda like the fact that different genders of each class has a different kind of gameplay.

ArcheAge, Black Desert and Bless videos InporylemQQ Youtube

Shaigh

Hard Core Member

4/10/14 9:20:01 PM#57

There are male and female versions of warrior, mage and archer, they are similar but not mirrors. The human female tamer and the male half-giant berzerker is gender exclusive (at least it looks that way). I think the people looking to play female half-giants berzerker is in the extreme minority, and I am not sure that its really bad that there are no male tamers.

The reason why so many korean action-MMOs remove the gender option is so that they can put more focus on combat animations, something that actually matters a whole lot more than gender.

I feel bad for all those players that really wanted to play male valkyries, female half-giants and male tamers but for all the others you are just complaining for the sake of complaining. Men and women aren't physically identical, why is it so bad that male and female warriors, mages and archers are different as well.

Zeblade

Novice Member

4/10/14 9:23:46 PM#58
Yeah they are more in to looks and grind. They love to work at what they want. So killing 10-20 to like Elder Scrolls and kill 2-5..
  doragon86

Apprentice Member

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

4/10/14 10:47:33 PM#59
As long as the gameplay is top notch, I can live with gender locks. 

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
~Lord George Gordon Byron

TheReDKinGXX

Novice Member

4/11/14 10:05:25 AM#60
Originally posted by AceMaster

i don't get what the fuss is about..

They did say they will have both female and male version variants for the same class.

Even if they play different they will probably have shared skills, etc, otherwise it won\t be same class.

From a guess, i would think 80-90% of skills will be the same. Even if theyr skill names will be diffrent, they should perform similar or the same way , no?

The only problem i see if  they split them. Forr example fire mages are male, and watter mages are females. Which i agree, i wouldn't like.

I actualy like the idea that a female archer will play different than a male archer.

In most. games, both female and male have same strengths, wear same armor (i can trade me armor which i wear as a female to a male character, and the male version has way more covarage lol) which is quite funny and it's not roleplaying

If you guys watch game of thrones,  in my opinion, for female to play equaly they would have to look like "Brienne of Tarth"

Well basically , more man like. Which i wouldn't like.

In one game, a guy was complaining in the forum, thats males can get + 1 to swordplay, while females could get + 1 sewing .I laughed so hard.the difference wasn't that big, it meant you had to work extra as a female to be better than a male in swordplay.

I'm not biased or anything, but females and males are DIFFERENT. If not everyone one of us would be gay lol.

Most games however ignore this, and thus you got used with it.

Chears

couldnt agree more really :) 

that sums out about every single thing :) 

7 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Search