Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,787 Users Online:0
Games:740  Posts:6,241,966
Pearl Abyss | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Development  (est.rel 2014)  | Pub:DAUM Korea
Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Black Desert Forum » General Discussion » Gender lock still on or dropped ?

7 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Search
130 posts found
  AceMaster

Apprentice Member

8/25/13 6:29:54 AM#21

i don't get what the fuss is about..

They did say they will have both female and male version variants for the same class.

Even if they play different they will probably have shared skills, etc, otherwise it won\t be same class.

From a guess, i would think 80-90% of skills will be the same. Even if theyr skill names will be diffrent, they should perform similar or the same way , no?

The only problem i see if  they split them. Forr example fire mages are male, and watter mages are females. Which i agree, i wouldn't like.

I actualy like the idea that a female archer will play different than a male archer.

In most. games, both female and male have same strengths, wear same armor (i can trade me armor which i wear as a female to a male character, and the male version has way more covarage lol) which is quite funny and it's not roleplaying

If you guys watch game of thrones,  in my opinion, for female to play equaly they would have to look like "Brienne of Tarth"

Well basically , more man like. Which i wouldn't like.

In one game, a guy was complaining in the forum, thats males can get + 1 to swordplay, while females could get + 1 sewing .I laughed so hard.the difference wasn't that big, it meant you had to work extra as a female to be better than a male in swordplay.

I'm not biased or anything, but females and males are DIFFERENT. If not everyone one of us would be gay lol.

Most games however ignore this, and thus you got used with it.

Chears

gotha

Advanced Member

10/24/13 9:53:16 AM#22

"PearlAbyss (????) We don't want to make it same and just look different.   Because we want to stick to a stupid 

aesthetic for no logical reason.  I mean god forbid our players actually make characters that represent them.

"

keithian

Hard Core Member

11/10/13 8:17:46 PM#23
Hopefully they change this direction but I can't  understand eliminating choosing a game over an aesthetic choice if you still like the aesthetics of everything else. If you like the beauty of the world, the way armor looks, customization opinions other than gender, etc it's disappointing but shouldn't be a total blow.

There Is Always Hope!

gurugeorge

Novice Member

11/24/13 10:50:22 PM#24
Originally posted by keithian
Hopefully they change this direction but I can't  understand eliminating choosing a game over an aesthetic choice if you still like the aesthetics of everything else. If you like the beauty of the world, the way armor looks, customization opinions other than gender, etc it's disappointing but shouldn't be a total blow.

Yeah exactly.  I'm a bit disappointed too, but game-breaking?  Over-reaction or hysterical fuss-making.

And on the other side, I quite like the idea of treating the sexes differently (e.g. the Brienne of Tarth point).  In many games in the past, females had different stats than males, e.g. males having higher STR, but females having higher DEX.  That seems sort of right and vaguely "realistic" (so far as an abstraction goes) -  a class could easily have gender variations like this, and it work well.

Although, going back to the "anti" side again, AoC tried that for a while and it didn't work well - but that's because they didn't do it right, and it was a bit of an oversight.

Whatever, the idea that choice is being removed when the choice between a female and male avatar actually counts for something and makes some sort of gameplay difference, and isn't just aesthetic, is nonsensical.

Otomox

Novice Member

1/04/14 9:18:09 AM#25
Only a vocal minority cares about this. Dont care if classes are locked by gender or not.
  Horusra

Elite Member

1/04/14 9:39:37 AM#26
So diversity is making everyone the same? Sometimes I do not understand people.
  Tecca

Novice Member

1/05/14 1:59:34 PM#27
Originally posted by Otomox
vocal minority

Best way to disregard people. Calling them vocal minorities.

UtukuMoon

Apprentice Member

1/05/14 2:11:58 PM#28
Originally posted by Horusra
So diversity is making everyone the same? Sometimes I do not understand people.

Same, no problem with it at all just like race/class restrictions.

Another feature that many don't know about Black Desert is that you don't actually quest to level up, most or nearly all quest do not give you xp.

Black Desert is not a quest based xp system.

That will give some in this thread a morsel to chew on lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8ymgFyzbDo

Margulis

Advanced Member

1/05/14 2:17:01 PM#29
The gender lock is no longer in effect, they decided to develop male and female of each class.  So relax guys it's a non issue now.
  UtukuMoon

Apprentice Member

1/05/14 2:20:13 PM#30
Originally posted by Margulis
The gender lock is no longer in effect, they decided to develop male and female of each class.  So relax guys it's a non issue now.

Green looks better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8ymgFyzbDo

issling

Apprentice Member

I have my rose tinted glass's at a full shine!

1/05/14 2:22:11 PM#31
I on a personal note have always thought gender locking and race locking went with the lore, and has always made more sense to me. But it doesn't surprise me that the western market is becoming a bunch of people that want everything the same, why haven't these companies figured out that the current group of mmo players would like a unisex char that can tank, dps, and heal:)
  Fearum

Hard Core Member

1/05/14 2:22:20 PM#32
I guess people just like homogenized everything now. Sad days.
  InporylemQQ

Tipster

1/05/14 2:29:48 PM#33
Originally posted by Margulis

Do you have a source for this?

ArcheAge, Black Desert and Bless videos InporylemQQ Youtube

Ehnoah

Apprentice Member

1/05/14 2:33:59 PM#34

Just to clear this up to finish the thread ;)

Genderlock is still in, but every class has a own Counter Gender. So the Summoner Girl get a "Summoner Boy" with different Skills etc. 

Hope you understand it.

Xaenex

Novice Member

1/05/14 3:40:03 PM#35
Originally posted by Ehnoah

Genderlock is still in, but every class has a own Counter Gender. So the Summoner Girl get a "Summoner Boy" with different Skills etc. 

Hope you understand it.

Tamer, Blader, and Giant will not have 2 gender versions. Warrior/Valkyrie is Sword and Shield Sorceress/Wizard is Mage and Male/Female Archer will be all that have versions for both genders.

Ehnoah

Apprentice Member

1/05/14 6:32:30 PM#36
Originally posted by Xaenex
Originally posted by Ehnoah

Hope you understand it.

Tamer, Blader, and Giant will not have 2 gender versions. Warrior/Valkyrie is Sword and Shield Sorceress/Wizard is Mage and Male/Female Archer will be all that have versions for both genders.

But they also will have different skills.

Hamger8

Advanced Member

1/21/14 1:32:01 AM#37
I don't find gender locking game breaking all though I really prefer to play a male so im hoping and praying they make a male version of the summoner girl since it my favorite type of class.
  g0m0rrah

Advanced Member

1/21/14 1:38:52 AM#38
I guess I am one of the few that actually likes gender locking to a point. When it follows a theme like Valkyrie, I would really prefer not to see males involved.  When there isnt a thematic reason then of course gender locking does not make sense.  I like both and I see no problem with both existing just like it did in DAoC with specific(few) classes being gender locked.
  Humphrie

Novice Member

1/21/14 5:32:06 AM#39
Originally posted by g0m0rrah
I guess I am one of the few that actually likes gender locking to a point. When it follows a theme like Valkyrie, I would really prefer not to see males involved.  When there isnt a thematic reason then of course gender locking does not make sense.  I like both and I see no problem with both existing just like it did in DAoC with specific(few) classes being gender locked.

Yeah, I have no problem with this either. There's this subset of the male gaming population that seems to still believe that if they play as a female character, there are issues with their manhood. Hell, I'm straight, and yet I can remember nearly 20 years ago when the 'girl' was my favorite character in Secret of Mana. When I had friends over to play, I always gravitated towards her. There's nothing wrong with wanting to play as a cool heroine.

People need to get over themselves. This kind of 'gender lock light' if fine. Play the class you're dead set on playing. Or, if that's too much for your little ego to handle, then find another you like.

Ekoazarak

Novice Member

2/23/14 5:48:14 PM#40

ARG!

genderlock is so facking dumb... this just sours it for me ;(

why why why must the most interesting games do SOO MUCH AWESOME and then RUIN IT WITH CRITICAL DUMB?!?

7 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Search