Trending Games | Marvel Heroes | Elder Scrolls Online | ArcheAge | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,922,027 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,314,970
Pearl Abyss | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Development  (est.rel 2014)  | Pub:DAUM Korea
Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Black Desert Forum » General Discussion » Why aren't more people talking about this game?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
30 posts found
  RebelScum99

Apprentice Member

9/21/13 12:16:47 PM#21

RebelScum99

Apprentice Member

9/21/13 12:18:35 PM#22
Originally posted by bcbully
Originally posted by sudo

1. It looks like a Korean P2W game.

2. It doesn't yet have a release date and looking at Arch Age development cycle, we will only see this game in US/EU around 2025.

Better than an American p2p then f2p WoW clone.

Not really.  

Wizardry

Elite Member

Perhaps tomorrow will be better.

9/21/13 12:30:46 PM#23

The problem is that EVERY single game is just delivering the exact same game with a different face.Players need more than fresh art work,they need more than generic systems and cheap gimmicks.

Every single game has followed an identical game design full of yellow markers,instances,meaningless quests for xp,game design pointed at levels ant not aging.

So until Black Desert can prove that it is offering a game outside the cheap designs we have seen far too often,it will be considered just another game.I NEED to see detail on systems,crafting and how players will live out their life in the game.

I am still stuck playing FFXI,i wish to get out and experience a grander game but none exist.Every developer is just churning out more of the same old ,yellow markers,meaningless quests to aid speed leveling,instances almost nothing that would resemble a realistic game world.

If a game is going to give me more of the same,then i will just keep playing FFXI.

I could make a super easy list to expand and make games MUCH better and with little effort,so shows how little effort developers are actually putting into their game design.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Napolianboo#p/u/15/rCYLLQCNc1w
Samoan Diamond

moraelin

Novice Member

9/21/13 12:40:47 PM#24
Because the Asian MMO market has become so closed fisted about sending their games to NA that we'll probably never see it. Just like ArchAge and Blade and Soul. In the 90s they didn't used to be that way and it seemed like a new Korea based game came out every week. Not anymore.
  ragz45

Novice Member

9/21/13 12:51:18 PM#25
Because the only info we have video or screenshots of is the graphics.  The graphics are pretty, but lets get some other info & a timeline for a NA release.

free2play

Advanced Member

10/23/13 4:36:54 AM#26

I'm glad nobody is talking about it. It isn't creating any stigma about a game that is still in development.

DocBrody

Hard Core Member

10/23/13 4:45:00 AM#27

because it´s Korean? Does it even have a chance for a western publisher at this point? It looks very interesting though.

I always wonder why not more people talk about World of Darkness by CCP, but what to talk about if there are not many infos out

Classicstar

Advanced Member

10/23/13 4:59:25 AM#28

So in other words you don't know much yourself about the game, you saw some video's and now your asking us why not many talk about it or interested in the game lol.

Video i saw had legolas, gandalf and walking trees seems a LotR clone to me hehe.

And korea spew out almost everyday a new mmo which to me all look the same.

When lineage 2 was launched it was all rather new and not many mmo's around but korea these days have hundreds of mmo's on market its hard to keep track of them all.

MB:MSI Z97XPOWER AC
CPU:Intell Icore7 4790k
GPU:MSI 2x AMD 290X
MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
PSU:Corsair AX1200i

soratta

Novice Member

10/23/13 5:00:43 AM#29
Originally posted by free2play

I'm glad nobody is talking about it. It isn't creating any stigma about a game that is still in development.

At this point, we'd end up hyping something that isn't entirely sure to come out, if at all, in English. Not gonna waddle through Korean jargon to play it, pretty or not.

gurugeorge

Novice Member

11/24/13 11:26:13 PM#30

I've only recently clocked this, and in terms of promised sandboxiness it does look good, and may be great if it lives up to its promises.  So far, from the beta vids, while the graphics look fantastic, as hyped, the combat looks so-so (actually it reminds me of the so-so-ness of TSW's combat vids, which never really changed all that much at release), although the Sorcerer looks quite cool.

However, I have a feeling they're going to release this in the West fairly quickly.  Why do I say that? Because the art design, the general aesthetic, is so obviously aimed at a Western sensibility. 

One of the big reasons the Asian MMOs have never done that great in the West has to be because of the aesthetics.  Apart from the minority who like manga, most Western players just don't groove with the pretty boys, the giant swords, the loli tendencies, and the mish-mash of historical European fashion styles. 

This game looks far more restrained and more tightly focussed in aesthetic terms (it looks much more consistently mediaeval and "gritty"), and I don't think that's an accident.  It's stil got an Asian feel, but it's at a level where I think I could see myself playing it without cringing.  Just like I can tolerate the bits of Asian aesthetic in GW2 (which are themselves so obviously aimed in the other direction). 

If I were to tip the developers, I'd say make the combat aesthetic more restrained, as restrained as the fashion and design aesthetic already are.  Give the animations more weight and "realism", especially in transitions, and ease up on the "weightless" ultra-fast transitions from one position to another - that's so characteristic of a certain old school arcade/console influence, and exists throughout Asian MMOs in general.  Make the combat a bit slower, but more "weighty" feeling, a bit like NWO, which I think has the balance between speed and rooting/fx just right atm.

IOW, if you're doing the same thing a hundred times a day, it has to be satisfying aesthetically and viscerally, and they don't seem to be quite there yet with the combat from what I've seen.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search