Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | Star Wars: The Old Republic | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,644,284 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,077,951
Pearl Abyss | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Development  (est.rel 2014)  | Pub:DAUM Korea
Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Black Desert Forum » General Discussion » Finally a game that deserves to be on the hype meter

8 Pages First « 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » Search
142 posts found
  Grailer

Advanced Member

5/24/13 8:22:12 PM#121

I love how this is the #2 highest ranked game on this site on the hype meter in a very short time and I can see it going #1 once more information comes to light .

Like I predicted , this will become the best MMORPG ever created .

Mkilbride

Spotlight Poster

5/24/13 8:49:35 PM#122

I'm happy about this.

It's making us CU backers look better by comparison. ^^

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

asrlohz

Apprentice Member

Alea iacta est, beloved Doomsayers.

5/25/13 6:01:41 AM#123
Originally posted by Mkilbride

I'm happy about this.

Black Desert seems to atleast have some sort of established mechanics, design and gameplay laid out. CU is sadly just making the transition between being a concept and being developed. 

On the other hand, City State Entertainment are a lot more open about there progress so the backers will atleast know where their money and hype is going so it is hard to claim that it is unjustified hype.

Mkilbride

Spotlight Poster

5/25/13 6:44:49 AM#124

Originally posted by asrlohz

I'm happy about this.

Black Desert seems to atleast have some sort of established mechanics, design and gameplay laid out. CU is sadly just making the transition between being a concept and being developed. 

On the other hand, City State Entertainment are a lot more open about there progress so the backers will atleast know where their money and hype is going so it is hard to claim that it is unjustified hype.

I didn't mean the game.

I meant the fans of this make, makes us CU Backers look better by comparison. I mean, this topic kinda  proves that, doesn't it?:P

Every game has hype, doesn't mean anything. Look at GW2. Hyped to hell and in the end a very well done themepark, but still a let down for fans of GW1. No one I knew who played GW1, still plays GW2, or played it for any length.

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

asrlohz

Apprentice Member

Alea iacta est, beloved Doomsayers.

5/25/13 7:15:55 AM#125

Originally posted by asrlohz

I'm happy about this.

I didn't mean the game.

I meant the fans of this make, makes us CU Backers look better by comparison. I mean, this topic kinda  proves that, doesn't it?:P

Every game has hype, doesn't mean anything. Look at GW2. Hyped to hell and in the end a very well done themepark, but still a let down for fans of GW1. No one I knew who played GW1, still plays GW2, or played it for any length.

I didn't mean the game either. I meant the fans. But I agree with the majority of what you said.

loulaki

Hard Core Member

5/25/13 1:07:11 PM#126

i follow their facebook page for almost 9 months their works is awesome and their respond to the community very good, also i love that their posts are also in english and not in koreans like other MMOs (ArcheAge f.e. )

also on their youtube you can see awesome videos and yes its the closest medieval-fantasy game which looks like EVE in sci-fi genre, if you see how their economy works you will understand, there is huge depth ..!

for Asia they have already found publishers and they want to come to West also, so i hope everything will go fine : )

the visuals are awesome, their story is average and yes their battle systems looks like Tera or Gw2, the only negative for me is the professions which looks like other fantasy games and they probably will be linear evolved, i would prefer more steampunk style with engineers, alchemists and gunners ...! anyway

also their system with the NPCs sounds extraordinary and reminds D&D ..!

also i have concerns about the houses and the tax system, cause the example of ArcheAge shows that easily could be a mess and a negative experience ...

hatbox

Novice Member

5/26/13 9:42:50 PM#127
Originally posted by JimmyYO

Forbes wrote several articles on Rift too. I guess Rift and Trion is just the bestest company ever right? Sorry bro, the game looks pretty mediocre no matter how much you want to slander anyone who disagrees with your opinion.

The game looks mediocre as opposed to what? Please enlighten us with what non mediocre MMO you're playing.

Also please feel free to link a  Forbes Rift article that is even comparably praiseworthy to the Black Desert one.

Rift/Trion is mediocre?  Compared to what??!  NeverWinter?? LOL. PLEASE.  The people at NeverWinter should go take a few lessons on many things from Trion, including customer service and how to make a game.  

I think Black Desert and ArchAge both show promise.  Can't wait to try them.   I gave NeverWinter a chance, invested in their game. Character to lvl 45. Until the old/new exploit/cat thing. I was out.  Here's the thing. If it doesn't interest you. move on, but why slam something that's not even out yet?  Go find something you think is the "bestest"

duuude007

Novice Member

5/26/13 9:51:54 PM#128
Originally posted by JimmyYO

Long overdo to be introduced to the west I preset to you: Black Desert or what ArcheAge should've been. These devs would die before they let a race car drive around in this world. In case you someone missed the amazing promo video, here you are:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhYVY6Ttt7o

The sad part is this game has more of a Dungeons and Dragons feel then Neverwinter ever will.

It is pretty clear that they borrowed heavily from FFXIV and LoTRO.

Ichmen

Advanced Member

hatred enriches.
life is a prison, death a release.

5/26/13 9:55:19 PM#129

oh yes lets all bandwagon another random game that no one has ever heard of or even played in english >>" cause that makes alot of sense.... 

if games actually lived up to their trailors fk... MO and other such games would be rocking it AAA titles right now....

CPU: Intel Core i7 CPU 860 2.8GHz
Evga GeForce 670 FTW
Evga P55 SLI

<

Pivotelite

Apprentice Member

5/27/13 3:52:05 PM#130
Originally posted by cura
Originally posted by psiic

yea love how this game came out of nowhere and over one hour goes from not even being discusses on these forums to being #1 on the anticipated games. 

Personally I call bullshit.

Hahaha perfectly this. People are ridiculous

Black Deserts pre-alpha trailers were so good they generated a cult following, people who were hyped about AA dropped that when the trailer came out and started following Black Desert because it has the depth of archeage with better combat and graphics.

The trailer videos have hundreds of thousands of views already.

The game will have player trade routes/NPC trade interaction, parkour, housing, sieges, action combat, mounted combat, amazing graphics, real-time weather system/storm system/day and night cycle that influences the game, etc, etc. That usually generates hype.

Grailer

Advanced Member

5/27/13 4:00:20 PM#131
Originally posted by Pivotelite
Originally posted by cura
Originally posted by psiic

yea love how this game came out of nowhere and over one hour goes from not even being discusses on these forums to being #1 on the anticipated games. 

Personally I call bullshit.

Hahaha perfectly this. People are ridiculous

Black Deserts pre-alpha trailers were so good they generated a cult following, people who were hyped about AA dropped that when the trailer came out and started following Black Desert because it has the depth of archeage with better combat and graphics.

The trailer videos have hundreds of thousands of views already.

The game will have player trade routes/NPC trade interaction, parkour, housing, sieges, action combat, mounted combat, amazing graphics, real-time weather system/storm system/day and night cycle that influences the game, etc, etc. That usually generates hype.

I've watched the trailers at least 10 times . Watching the trailer is better than playing any of the failed MMO's currently available most of which are now free to play.

duuude007

Novice Member

5/27/13 5:02:10 PM#132
Too bad there isn't anything original about this title. Like WoW, it is just borrowing ideas left and right.
  Grailer

Advanced Member

5/27/13 5:56:31 PM#133
Originally posted by duuude007
Too bad there isn't anything original about this title. Like WoW, it is just borrowing ideas left and right.

Total misconception . In fact its totally different from WOW . Therefore you must be wrong.

WOW is tab targeting while BD is more like TERA / Vindictus

Does WOW allow you to hire workers and you control them all via overhead 3d map which even displays the weather?

I think not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbF6YCva7sU

yeah definitely stole from WOW

duuude007

Novice Member

5/27/13 6:44:50 PM#134
Originally posted by Grailer

Total misconception . In fact its totally different from WOW . Therefore you must be wrong. 

I did not say they borrowed ideas from WoW... Just like WoW borrowed ideas from other MMOs, so has Black Desert.

But nice try.

From what I can see, they were heavily influenced by FFXIV and LoTRO

Yaevindusk

Advanced Member

Logic, reason and fact do not supersede human nature. Ignorance reigns without justice.

5/27/13 6:56:20 PM#135

I did not say they borrowed ideas from WoW... Just like WoW borrowed ideas from other MMOs, so has Black Desert.

But nice try.

As an avid 1.0 and future 2.0 FFXIV player, I don't really see anything from that game in this one.  The same goes with LoTRO, of which I also played for a time.

That is not to say that the game didn't borrow ideas, as today it's all about iteration and perhaps doing something that worked in the past but hasn't been used in the last decade.

I'm keeping my excitement down on this title simple because so many things can go wrong and I don't want to be as disappointed as I was when I had the opportunity to play Archage.  All we really know is that it will have real estate much like Ultima Online had, has fairly goof combat/animation from what was shown and an average if not above average housing system with how you can put anything anywhere in your house (not to mention plop down a tent anywhere in the world).

It's enough to keep an eye on it, but to me, not enough to really say it will be "good" or "bad", as I'm sure many people here are trying to relay to those saying it's "going to be the best" (paraphrased).

The one thing I DO really appreciate is how it all looks like it could be real; the construction of the cities and the landscape, matched with the graphics and aesthetics really hits home with my historian side and love for games based on history.  They aren't just some little hub, but rather have actual buildings you can buy / make into shops / Hire npcs to manage/sell/guard things.

That alone fills me with hope for a Sandbox MMO that isn't just based on a linear story or the essence of a themepark.  Looking forward to look into the windows of houses in town on different servers and see who owns them and how different they are from other servers.  Maybe even climb up buildings and just look at the nice sunset / weather / landscapes.  xD

When faced with strife or discontent, the true nature of a man is brought forth. It is then when we see the character of the individual. It is then we are able to tell if he is mature enough to grin and bare it, or subject his fellow man to his complaints and woes.

Nikopol

Novice Member

Brought to you by... The Spirit of Nikopol.

5/27/13 7:05:23 PM#136

Looks way too realistic to me. If I wanted realistic medieval visuals I'd build a time machine and go back to medieval times.

Betaguy

Hard Core Member

Some folks are like Slinkies, totally useless but great fun to watch when pushed down stairs

5/27/13 7:28:39 PM#137
I hope this is released in North America but I have my doubts they can pull this off.

Rewhymo

Novice Member

5/27/13 7:37:26 PM#138

just watched the video on the website. Sweet really sweet. 

It looks like it may have a good system built in for RolePlayers which is the thing im looking for.

Other then that its looks nice, the combat looks smooth and dynamic and i like the clothing already.

im so goign to be an archer

Squeak69

Apprentice Member

cheese cheese wheres da bloody cheese

5/27/13 8:25:59 PM#139

But nice try.

you must be new to the whole MMO thing, i would like you to point out a MMO that dose not borrow from, or appear similair to another MMO.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used to
Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

duuude007

Novice Member

5/27/13 8:29:10 PM#140
Originally posted by Squeak69

But nice try.

you must be new to the whole MMO thing, i would like you to point out a MMO that dose not borrow from, or appear similair to another MMO.

I started with EQ, spent years in AO and FFXI, WoW and now in FFXIV. Try again.

You could easily pull up XIV and LoTRO gameplay videos and note numerous gameplay factors, art style, even combat which is very familiar to the OP release video. It isn't even a challenge.

8 Pages First « 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » Search