Trending Games | ArcheAge | Rift | World of Warcraft | Destiny

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,775,052 Users Online:0
Games:722  Posts:6,189,663
Portalarium Inc | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Development  (est.rel N/A)  | Pub:Portalarium Inc
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac Linux | Out of date info? Let us know!

Shroud of the Avatar Forum » General Discussion » PvP - official informations?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
28 posts found
  Mishre

Novice Member

3/24/14 4:42:24 PM#21

I think it's a bit early to claim anything about the risk/reward/openness of their proposed pvp system.  There are a lot of ways they can change things.  First, they can make it so pvp-only players only see other pvp-only players so it feels just like any open pvp game. That's how their selective multiplayer could work, it would be essentially like being on an open pvp server.

The risk/reward so far 1 item?  We can see about getting that changed and trying full loot options as we see how itemization in this game works.  back in the UO days you lost a full suit of GM equipment? no big deal, easy to replace. It also wasn't worth all that much, you were hoping to get a good score, like a rare, a key to a house, they were carrying something they shouldn't be, that sort of thing.  In this game if equipment is more difficult and time consuming to replace  you might not want to risk it all. 

They've listened to player feedback frequently already and if people want those options I have faith they'll deliver on them, but for now I assume they have good reasons for how they have designed it.

Violation419

Novice Member

PC ~ ps3/ps2/ps ~ wii/GC/nes/snes/n64 ~ xbox/xbox360 ~ I am the gamer.

3/24/14 5:08:39 PM#22

Seems like a lot of misunderstood information about the current plan for PvP in Shroud of the Avatar... here are the concepts that our Executive Producer has recently laid out:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/pvp-death-current-thinking-megapost.8247/

There is loot from pvp and there is a form of open pvp that you can opt into... also guild wars and other cool things... This post has information about some death plans as well.  Great read!

When will we get a UO style game with WoW dated graphics... Please see "Shroud of the Avatar" :)

Aragon100

Hard Core Member

3/24/14 7:09:28 PM#23
Originally posted by Violation419

Seems like a lot of misunderstood information about the current plan for PvP in Shroud of the Avatar... here are the concepts that our Executive Producer has recently laid out:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/pvp-death-current-thinking-megapost.8247/

There is loot from pvp and there is a form of open pvp that you can opt into... also guild wars and other cool things... This post has information about some death plans as well.  Great read!

There is no misunderstanding.

Since you can pay for all you would have lost with ingame money (insurance) there is no loot for the winner as long as the opponent have money in his bank.

Aragon100

Hard Core Member

3/24/14 7:16:24 PM#24
Originally posted by Mishre

I think it's a bit early to claim anything about the risk/reward/openness of their proposed pvp system.  There are a lot of ways they can change things.  First, they can make it so pvp-only players only see other pvp-only players so it feels just like any open pvp game. That's how their selective multiplayer could work, it would be essentially like being on an open pvp server.

The risk/reward so far 1 item?  We can see about getting that changed and trying full loot options as we see how itemization in this game works.  back in the UO days you lost a full suit of GM equipment? no big deal, easy to replace. It also wasn't worth all that much, you were hoping to get a good score, like a rare, a key to a house, they were carrying something they shouldn't be, that sort of thing.  In this game if equipment is more difficult and time consuming to replace  you might not want to risk it all. 

They've listened to player feedback frequently already and if people want those options I have faith they'll deliver on them, but for now I assume they have good reasons for how they have designed it.

What developers so far decided on PvP and death can be read in the proposed PvP system. That is what we know so far and can discuss. 

Sure things can change but nothing say it will go more hardcore.

If the game is gear based then it wont go full loot. UO had easily replacable gear and full loot worked like a charm.

Developers designed the game to please the PvE players, just about nothing the hardcore PvP players from old UO wanted is in the game.

Astrobia

Novice Member

3/25/14 3:42:08 AM#25
I should clarify for you the winner does still get loot, as it's not an insurance system so much as a ransoming system. So if for example the victim decides he simply can't afford to lose X item, he pays the ransom and the Victor gets a pay day. Which with item affinity (yeah gear gets stronger the more you use it, but only for you) will probably be more useful to them then the opponents gear anyway.
  Aragon100

Hard Core Member

3/25/14 3:16:21 PM#26
Originally posted by Astrobia
I should clarify for you the winner does still get loot, as it's not an insurance system so much as a ransoming system. So if for example the victim decides he simply can't afford to lose X item, he pays the ransom and the Victor gets a pay day. Which with item affinity (yeah gear gets stronger the more you use it, but only for you) will probably be more useful to them then the opponents gear anyway.

Some money i dont consider loot. Loot is something that slow down your opponent. He have to restock everything to become good in the field again.

Money loot is insurance just as Age of Shadows in UO was insurance. Age of Shadows killed off felucca and that is what SotA developers want to implement in their game and that say alot about how far into carebearism Richard Garriott have gone.

He created UO which to me today seem to be something he see as a mistake from his side, he dont seem to like that old game he created since SotA is nowhere close old UO. Makes you wonder who in the developer team for UO stood for the hardcore PvP parts? 

erponxaos

Novice Member

3/27/14 9:31:03 AM#27

Aragorn nobody in the team stood for the vets thats for sure.

The game is as good as finished for me.Just checking the release logs (just curious to see how much this theatre will go on) and waiting for the release to start searching for someone to sell the account.

At my eyes WoW is superior to this abomination in every way possible except from housing that is instanced and i cant think why PvE people dont to to play WoW.

If SoTA server isnt a ghost (like diablo 3 till newer patches which made it far better,better than SoTA  tbh ;p) that will be the real achievement of them.

Aragon100

Hard Core Member

3/27/14 12:49:47 PM#28
Originally posted by erponxaos

Aragorn nobody in the team stood for the vets thats for sure.

The game is as good as finished for me.Just checking the release logs (just curious to see how much this theatre will go on) and waiting for the release to start searching for someone to sell the account.

At my eyes WoW is superior to this abomination in every way possible except from housing that is instanced and i cant think why PvE people dont to to play WoW.

If SoTA server isnt a ghost (like diablo 3 till newer patches which made it far better,better than SoTA  tbh ;p) that will be the real achievement of them.

Yeah it is kinda sad to see someone you earlier saw as a hero among developers (UO) turn out to be nothing but another carebear developer.

And sadest part of it all is that they didnt listen to their pledgers, they didnt give the old UO veterans anything from their demands/wishes. They went 100% into pleasing the carebears.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search