Trending Games | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2 | WildStar | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,787,353 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,193,332
Portalarium Inc | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Development  (est.rel N/A)  | Pub:Portalarium Inc
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac Linux | Out of date info? Let us know!

Shroud of the Avatar Forum » General Discussion » New housing decoration video

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
29 posts found
  InsaneMembrane

Apprentice Member

9/22/13 8:35:21 PM#21
Originally posted by Neo_Viper

This makes me even more worried about the "pay to win" housing system.

Housing will definitely be a major part of this game, notably for crafting.

Pay to win? How do you win from buying a house and then decorating it or storing useless shit you'll never use there?

I suppose it does depend on what you both consider to be pay, and what you consider to be win. For me, I win by finding little home owners out in the woods crafting chairs for their house and ganking their sorry asses.

Naral

Apprentice Member

9/23/13 6:25:33 AM#22
Originally posted by InsaneMembrane

Pay to win? How do you win from buying a house and then decorating it or storing useless shit you'll never use there?

I suppose it does depend on what you both consider to be pay, and what you consider to be win. For me, I win by finding little home owners out in the woods crafting chairs for their house and ganking their sorry asses.

I think the pay to win aspect comes from the crafting/merchant perspective. If you own a house, from my understanding, you have a tremendous advantage in the marketplace from someone who does not. 

To me, this is just another butchered MMORPG. Announce features, take away the really cool things and make you buy  them back. If you want to get everything this game has to offer, prepare to pay big.

A lot of games offer detailed player housing as PART of the normal purchase price.

tom_gore

Apprentice Member

9/23/13 7:11:40 AM#23

I don't think you can do that in this game, though.

GungaDin

Apprentice Member

9/23/13 8:21:52 AM#24

LOL

Neo_Viper

Novice Member

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

OP  9/23/13 8:52:36 AM#25
Originally posted by Naral

I think the pay to win aspect comes from the crafting/merchant perspective. If you own a house, from my understanding, you have a tremendous advantage in the marketplace from someone who does not. 

To me, this is just another butchered MMORPG. Announce features, take away the really cool things and make you buy  them back. If you want to get everything this game has to offer, prepare to pay big.

A lot of games offer detailed player housing as PART of the normal purchase price.

Someone who understands. Thanks.

And about "ganking wood chair crafters", two things:

1) It won't be possible in this game unless they are willing to (aka turned PvP on), and it's a good think. It will keep a specific type of player out of this game.

2) Crafters will also craft your weapons and armor... think twice before ganking one.

My computer is better than yours.

InsaneMembrane

Apprentice Member

9/23/13 9:31:05 AM#26

The game has just started making progress, they haven't taken anything at all let alone "really cool things" and then force you to buy anything. God. Housing is a choice, you do not need a house to play this game. It is also not a MMORPG.

Hanthos

Apprentice Member

PROUD P2P Elitist...

9/23/13 9:50:44 AM#27

The game has just started making progress, they haven't taken anything at all let alone "really cool things" and then force you to buy anything. God. Housing is a choice, you do not need a house to play this game. It is also not a MMORPG.

Your opinion is obviously not shared by many other people. I do not consider housing to be a 'choice', it is a feature that a developer needs to include as a part of the core game mechanics. No bashing, just showing my displeasure with the way they are running the system.

InsaneMembrane

Apprentice Member

9/23/13 10:10:35 PM#28
Originally posted by Hanthos

Your opinion is obviously not shared by many other people. I do not consider housing to be a 'choice', it is a feature that a developer needs to include as a part of the core game mechanics. No bashing, just showing my displeasure with the way they are running the system.

It is part of the core game mechanics, its not like they have sold this stuff and aren't going to have it until patch 100 or something. I think what you mean is they should be handing this out for free, and I don't know why you feel entitled to stuff for free for any reason, game or not.

It is how it is. The housing is contained within the persistent gaming world, due to that and at this moment in the game's pre-pre-pre-beta stage that is how it will stay. All you get to do with it is display the fact that you have one[mod edit]. The fact that people do not require a house to finish the game, and don't yet get anything other than convenience by owning one, it is not a "win button" "core gaming feature" or any other lame "help help I'm being repressed" term you can come up with for it.

Neo_Viper

Novice Member

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

OP  9/28/13 5:30:07 AM#29

Their "house for money" thing doesn't seem to work that well...

It's stuck at 147 of 200 left for over a week now.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=9085

My computer is better than yours.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search