Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,737,820 Users Online:0
Games:714  Posts:6,176,886
Portalarium Inc | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Development  (est.rel N/A)  | Pub:Portalarium Inc
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac Linux | Out of date info? Let us know!

Shroud of the Avatar Forum » General Discussion » SotA moderators allow this but not the word carebear

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
50 posts found
  neorandom

Novice Member

10/12/13 11:36:11 PM#41
Originally posted by Aragon100
Originally posted by RebelScum99
Are you saying a carebear hurt your feelings?  

Nah i dont take it personal but i'm surpriced that the moderators over at SotA allow a carebear to call others mentally sick cause they enjoy a different playstyle.

well then obviously the mods/devs are hardcore carebears (like having a singalong and everything on mumble while pveing)

InsaneMembrane

Apprentice Member

10/12/13 11:41:02 PM#42
Originally posted by neorandom
Originally posted by RebelScum99
Are you saying a carebear hurt your feelings?  

Nah i dont take it personal but i'm surpriced that the moderators over at SotA allow a carebear to call others mentally sick cause they enjoy a different playstyle.

well then obviously the mods/devs are hardcore carebears (like having a singalong and everything on mumble while pveing)

There is a clear difference guys in the amount of people who use c-bear as a straight out troll and personal attack. The sicko thing that Magick has posted is also a bit too much,[mod edit]

When I use the world cbear, I'm trolling hard. So you can understand why they have banned its use, to prevent trollers like me from trolling.

neorandom

Novice Member

10/13/13 12:07:32 AM#43

carebear isnt a trolling, its a term for eve players that hide in full law systems of 8-10 to avoid piracy.

while eve wasnt a fun game due to its horrible lack of interactive combat, it did have pvp that would have been great if the combat was fun.  it had relatively "safe" areas where people were only going to attack you in disposable crap because the law was going to annihilate them seconds after they fired.  low sec, which they would take a hit in faction for fighting with you, but nobody was going to attack them back except other players.  and no sec space, where the only law was might makes right.

high and no sec were very often combat free, other then the occasional gate camp in no sec and of course invasions of pirates bases by other pirates (the big pirate clans).

the real question we should be asking, is why anyone on a no budget, crap game like shroud of avatar even cares about carebears and pvp?

InsaneMembrane

Apprentice Member

10/13/13 12:20:06 AM#44
Originally posted by neorandom

carebear isnt a trolling, its a term for eve players that hide in full law systems of 8-10 to avoid piracy.

while eve wasnt a fun game due to its horrible lack of interactive combat, it did have pvp that would have been great if the combat was fun.  it had relatively "safe" areas where people were only going to attack you in disposable crap because the law was going to annihilate them seconds after they fired.  low sec, which they would take a hit in faction for fighting with you, but nobody was going to attack them back except other players.  and no sec space, where the only law was might makes right.

high and no sec were very often combat free, other then the occasional gate camp in no sec and of course invasions of pirates bases by other pirates (the big pirate clans).

the real question we should be asking, is why anyone on a no budget, crap game like shroud of avatar even cares about carebears and pvp?

Cos there are all different kinds of players?

azmundai

Novice Member

10/13/13 12:49:24 AM#45

Originally posted by syriinx I like the use of the word carebear.  Because once i see it I know that the post is worthless and to not even bother reading it anymore.
So why did you read this then?

Do you also like it when players that enjoy non-consensual PvP are described as sociopaths that need medical help?

if as your original post says, there have been studies to prove sociopathical behavior, then I have a lot less of a problem with that then a word like carebare which is just derrogatory slang.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

reploidx

Advanced Member

10/13/13 12:52:45 AM#46

Actually had a chuckle about this, it seems like you got kicked from there and you are now crying here about this guy. It looks like he has you pegged though, you are acting like this is an insult to you, but you are insulting him and claiming innocence. Don't act like your shit don't stink.

And since no one posted this. U MAD BRO?

ianicus

Novice Member

punch it chewie! RAAAAAAWR!

10/13/13 1:11:47 AM#47
as long as you decide to group a segment of players under the "carebear" label, there will be folks who do the opposite, how about let people play the way they like, and if its not nice? shut yer trap.

psiic

Advanced Member

10/13/13 1:28:32 AM#48
Come on give them a break they just trying to keep the bears out they don't wanna risk no pedobears sneakin in
  neorandom

Novice Member

10/13/13 1:34:31 AM#49

so i went to the website of this game to see what all the fuss was.

its not an mmorpg.

its not even a pvp rpg.

its diablo via lord brittish.

it has single player and mall group play, and the ability to lobby pug group play.

and its chargeing a fortune for rent free houseing (base package for a shitty rent free house lot is $550) and theres no sign of pvp.  not that there could be much in the way of  pvp in a game world that isnt hosted online in a persistent open fashion in the first place.

nope, if you want to burn peoples houses down and whatnot in this one, youll have to hit the data centers.

Galadourn

Hard Core Member

10/13/13 2:08:05 AM#50
I don't know wheter the 'non-consensual PvP crowd' are sociopaths, but I sure as hell do know that the gameplay they like is boring beyond belief. I used to play Darkfall and what it all boiled down to was clans sieging ad infinitum each other for the sake of sieging. There was no purpose in PvP, I swear Battlegrounds in WoW had more meaning.

http://kck.st/Xo38HT

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search