Trending Games | Landmark | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade | Camelot Unchained | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,919,522 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,309,898
Bungie | Official Site
MMOFPS | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 09/09/14)  | Pub:Activision Blizzard
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: XBox 360 PS3 Playstation 4 Xbox One | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Destiny Forum » General Discussion » Will this be playable on the PC ?

13 posts found
  Shadanwolf

Apprentice Member

OP  6/16/13 11:55:53 PM#1
Thanks for the help.
  ElRenmazuo

Hard Core Member

6/16/13 11:58:56 PM#2
They havent said anything about the game coming out for PC. 

https://33.media.tumblr.com/262c40940b3181ade1001120dd379aaa/tumblr_nfrzn853rR1rz64nto6_r1_400.gif

Ramonski7

Spotlight Poster

"A wise man has something to say, but a fool just has to say something."

6/17/13 12:00:20 AM#3

Yes it's coming to the PC as well.

~edit for link~

You can read about the PC version here.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

Vasel

Advanced Member

5/28/14 10:35:17 PM#4
A hint article is no the same as "yeah its coming to PC" its not listed as one of the release formats on their website. Which I am not sure why its on this website. I suppose that MMORPG isn't a PC exclusive genre any more. 
  fascism

Advanced Member

5/28/14 10:44:21 PM#5
No
  Rhoklaw

Elite Member

$500 Backer to 2015's Top New MMO... The Repopulation!

5/28/14 10:46:08 PM#6
While it is currently exclusive to console systems, I highly doubt they would alienate the PC market. Give it some time, I'm sure a PC version will get published.

zanfire

Novice Member

5/28/14 10:49:39 PM#7

last i remember hearing was that it WAS NOT comign to PC because of the sad little excuse bungie gave of basically "we have it on so many platforms, we dont want to stretch ourselves more"

Always seem kind of dumb when a game is on so many platforms...and built on a PC (and its not like they havent done PC ports)  is not coming to whats now one of the biggest platfroms (since stuff like steam and an overly long console gen)

It may happen eventually, but like we have seen with the halo ports it will be a LONG while...

http://gamerant.com/destiny-no-pc-version-explanation/

“The console SKUs are really important for us and that’s what we’re focusing on. We’re doing it all internally ourselves. That’s a huge endeavour. That’s not something we’ve ever done before.

“So when I’m playtesting and I’m trying to play PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PS3, that’s a lot of work. Adding another thing on there is just crazy. It’s crazy to think of right now.”

rojoArcueid

Advanced Member

"It is double pleasure to deceive the deceiver". - Niccolo Machiavelli

5/28/14 10:56:40 PM#8
Originally posted by zanfire

last i remember hearing was that it WAS NOT comign to PC because of the sad little excuse bungie gave of basically "we have it on so many platforms, we dont want to stretch ourselves more"

yeah pretty lame excuse. The game should be out for Next (current) gen consoles AND PC. Forget about old consoles already. They put too much limitations on game development and when a game eventually port them to PC they look terrible. Ill gladly buy Destiny on PS4 even if it comes to PC but i do think PC should have been the option instead of the older consoles.

zanfire

Novice Member

5/28/14 11:01:49 PM#9
Originally posted by rojo6934

yeah pretty lame excuse. The game should be out for Next (current) gen consoles AND PC. Forget about old consoles already. They put too much limitations on game development and when a game eventually port them to PC they look terrible. Ill gladly buy Destiny on PS4 even if it comes to PC but i do think PC should have been the option instead of the older consoles.

It all comes down to the huge install base the old systems have, devs dont seem to have faith in their products that they just have to shove on as many consoles as possible. If your game is so great, not only will the already like 10mil next gen console players grab it, it will get people to pick up the new systems just to play it..

rojoArcueid

Advanced Member

"It is double pleasure to deceive the deceiver". - Niccolo Machiavelli

5/28/14 11:13:39 PM#10
Originally posted by rojo6934

It all comes down to the huge install base the old systems have, devs dont seem to have faith in their products that they just have to shove on as many consoles as possible. If your game is so great, not only will the already like 10mil next gen console players grab it, it will get people to pick up the new systems just to play it..

exactly. Something really bad must be holding them back that they dont seem to make killer apps anymore. Its basically the similar scenario we have had with mmos for years. Nobody wants to take risks to evolve because its easier to chase WoW's old ways.

loulaki

Advanced Member

6/16/14 7:25:01 AM#11
here we have an interesting update about the possibility of Destiny for PC ..

gervaise1

Elite Member

6/16/14 4:26:02 PM#12
Originally posted by loulaki
here we have an interesting update about the possibility of Destiny for PC ..

Not currently scheduled for release on PC as stated above. Also whilst the article talks about a 10 year 10 game deal unless there has been a new contract it is a 10 year 10 game plan and a 4 game presumably 4 year contract.

However - as mentioned - Bungie in April talked about the desire but also complexity of adding the PC platform as did Activision a couple of days ago; but again the talk was of both the desire and the added complexity.

And it will be complex. They will have to agree between themselves who funds the port, what percentage each party gets if it sells well and who pays if it all goes wrong!

mazut

Advanced Member

7/09/14 6:55:23 AM#13
If its successful it will probably come for PC. Time will show.