Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,738,148 Users Online:0
Games:714  Posts:6,176,973
City State Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Development  (est.rel N/A)  | Pub:City State Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution: | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Camelot Unchained Forum » General Discussion » (Poll) How many character slots per server ?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
23 posts found
  Ziftylrhavic

Apprentice Member

3/24/13 4:56:41 AM#21
Originally posted by WW4BW
Originally posted by Rhoklaw
Originally posted by MarkJacobs
Originally posted by sweetdigs

I'm sure you can also relate to the problem of FOTM classes in DAoC any every other MMO with high numbers of character slots. So, do you want a game where people complain of imbalances ( few character slots ) or a game where you have cookie cutter FOTM classes running around everywhere which = boring ( many character slots ).

Complaining vs. Boredom... its a tough choice

If all classes are interesting, but different, and also fairly balanced. Then you could have the best of both.

It is a tricky balance. But being able to play something different once in a while and to keep having fun, even if your favorite class has been temporarly overnerfed or is bugged, is important.

Sometimes you want to solo or duo play with a single friend.. log in your solo class.. 

Somtimes your guild shaman is away on holiday and someone else needs to fill that role.

When I played DAoC I had 9 shamans on 4 accounts. 4 for buffing 3 for healing and 2 cave shamans. 

I also had 3 different rune masters, 2 different spirit masters, 3 different shadowblades, and 3 different healers. 

Not to mention 3 Skalds, 2 berserkers, 2 thanes, 2 warriors, 1 bonedancer, 1 valkyrie and 2 hunters.

All so I could play differently if the mood struck me.

SWG had limited character slots. But any of those characters could keep changing their class.

Add to that than there will be new classes added later, but it doesn't mean you want to delete your main characters you spent so much time in just to be able to play something that seems more interesting. And personally, i don't really want to change server to play that new class, because i won't know anybody there.

EDIT: what does FOTM means?

WW4BW

Hard Core Member

3/24/13 5:16:33 AM#22
Originally posted by Ziftylrhavic

Add to that than there will be new classes added later, but it doesn't mean you want to delete your main characters you spent so much time in just to be able to play something that seems more interesting. And personally, i don't really want to change server to play that new class, because i won't know anybody there.

EDIT: what does FOTM means?

Flavour of the Month. A class or  "cookie cutter" spec that everyone uses because someone "pro" uses it and posted it on a website/forum, and it seems to be the best since the last patch, when the last FOTM got nerfed.

Cookie Cutter builds or specs are min/maxed for damage or perhaps tankiness, but are basicly the builds that get you the most out of limited specialty points, that you can find on fan sites with character builder.

Meaning everyone will be playing as kobolds runemasters specced 1 26 47 one month and the next they will all have rolled frostalfs and be specced for Darkness or something.. I pulled the example out of my posterior.. but its basicly that.. Thought now ofcourse you have all these kobold runemasters lying around.. so Im sure someone would respec them instead of rolling frostalfs.. since it did take a weekend of farming to get max level and l then a while longer to get RR.

Sorry it is hard to tell how much to explain when someone asks a question that I personally feel is obvious... 

Ziftylrhavic

Apprentice Member

3/24/13 5:36:13 AM#23

Thanks for the quick reply, i understand what you mean. I just didn't know what the FOTM letters standed for^^

And by the way, now with the battlegrounds quest i got a ranger from 1 to 50 in one day, with lunch and a few other break every couple hours, you just need to find a group^^

EDIT : it's like lfg, i knew what it meant for a long time but i had to wait to play on an english server to know that it was for "looking for group" (which btw is the name of a nice webcomic:)

2nd EDIT: i didn't know what FOTM meant unlike lfg, but i related to an expression in my language, so i understood after you told me

2 Pages « 1 2 Search