Trending Games | ArcheAge | Pirate101 | Wasteland 2 | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,860,215 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,245,893
City State Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Development  (est.rel N/A)  | Pub:City State Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution: | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Camelot Unchained Forum » General Discussion » Balance PVE with PVP

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
27 posts found
  Zinzan

Advanced Member

9/25/13 3:02:15 PM#21
Originally posted by ReallyNow10
In the original DAOC, you could play PVE, PVP, or both, as these were all viable long-term options.  It somewhat distresses me that CU infers only a PVP-centric design philosophy.  I would like to see a healthy PVE experience all around in this game.

You clearly don't understand a single thing about CU, i suggest you read a bit more before posting.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

Jetrpg

Novice Member

12/28/13 10:57:27 AM#22
People really want daoc 2.0 . but we will never get it.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

nennafir

Apprentice Member

1/12/14 12:52:37 PM#23

I want some scenarios but feel it will be all open world pvp.  The main problem I have with open world pvp is that it is basically no skill.  Yes, it involves a lot of "pride of the realm" and esprit de corps and etc etc, but I tend to have more fun in scenario settings.

I actually loved WAR scenarios.  I also liked GW1 pvp.  Both of these balanced things for a more fun game.

I know this isn't really the direction CU is taking, and that's fine.  I'm sure it will still have some fun things.

Laetitian

Apprentice Member

2/03/14 6:49:52 PM#24
Originally posted by nennafir

I want some scenarios but feel it will be all open world pvp.  The main problem I have with open world pvp is that it is basically no skill.

Untrue. I enjoyed that you pointed out that you understood the intentions of Camelot Unchained's developers, but even in the face of your acceptance, this statement is not true.

I have been playing Champions of Regnum for more than six years, and have often found myself in eras when my realm was dauntingly underpopulated, as well as such when it constantly overwhelmed the enemy [And similarly, even more often, there could always be extreme majorities/minorities amongst all realms]. On frequent occasions, I have experienced a lack of coordination amongst our ranks, or unorganised rushes of opponents cause battles to be lost rather hopelessly by those clueless hosts that were actually superior in number. The same obviously happens as a result to other deficiencies of the players's skill, but group-organisation seems to be the most significant factor, to me.

There is no way the developers of CU would not provide for similar chances for smaller groups in their game. And even if this kind of hope was not sufficient for such players that are being zerged, those always have to remember that, while the zerg's gameplay might not require any skill, accumulating those masses in the first place can very often do so. As a consequence, rationally thinking players that are not too occupied with having their pride offended by being killed, will just understand the want of improvement in their own abilities of uniting their allies for their cause.

And now this realisation is the one that I think some PvE-oriented players just do not want to make. I honestly think it is because they do not find content interesting that does not instantly provide them action - which is certrainly justified; but they will have to understand that others will find this kind of content empty of the players' own commitment, and therefore would prefer worlds that encourage their players to participate in the only kind of action they can consider genuine, because it is initiated by them.

Hoping to have fortified your trust in sieges and battles in open worlds (at least to the point where you want to endeavor to make the system fun for you),

Laetitian. =)

WellzyC

Novice Member

Ceaseless

2/04/14 12:53:58 PM#25

My knee jerk  reaction is to agree that pve and pvp need to be 50:50.

But then when I think back to playing daoc, I only gridnded so I could either play in a BG, or hit 50 for Emain.

Levling bacame and means to an end.

I think it would be cool to have to PVP to level in order raid. I know that is not the case here, but that would be a cool diea.

End game raids, but you have to pvp to cap level to get to them.

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, Linear Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

otacu

Novice Member

2/05/14 6:41:48 AM#26

There is nothing to balance.

They've already stated that the game will be 99:1 Pvp:Pve

That 1% is just the Depths :)

Addikted

Novice Member

2/05/14 9:59:45 AM#27
Originally posted by nennafir

I want some scenarios but feel it will be all open world pvp.  The main problem I have with open world pvp is that it is basically no skill.  Yes, it involves a lot of "pride of the realm" and esprit de corps and etc etc, but I tend to have more fun in scenario settings.

I actually loved WAR scenarios.  I also liked GW1 pvp.  Both of these balanced things for a more fun game.

I know this isn't really the direction CU is taking, and that's fine.  I'm sure it will still have some fun things.

How is open world = no skill?  Are you saying that having an 8man group take on 40+ people in open world takes no skill?

I loved DAOC's open world battles vs multiple groups.  I loved 8v8 and 8v8v8 with adds. And this is what i am looking forward to in CU.

I liked scenarios in Warhammer, but i am not a fan of instances in MMORPG games.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search