Trending Games | Trove | Elder Scrolls Online | Darkest Dungeon | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,769,102 Users Online:0
Games:720  Posts:6,186,876
City State Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Development  (est.rel N/A)  | Pub:City State Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution: | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Camelot Unchained Forum » General Discussion » The most critical feature!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
29 posts found
  UOlover

Novice Member

5/11/13 4:41:09 AM#21

I would say I turn the helm graphic off 99% of the time but that's only becaus the helm graphic is hideous 99% of the time. I have high hopes michelle and the other artists can change this.

mhoward48

Novice Member

5/11/13 12:50:50 PM#22
Agree!!!LoL!!

http://s36.photobucket.com/user/mhoward48/media/OnwYv97.jpg.html

Delavega86

Novice Member

5/23/13 11:00:52 AM#23

agree with OP.

anyone saying otherwise, cause "it wouldnt be realistic"... /facepalm.

option to hide helm, cloak, shoulders.

and i suppose there will be some sort of item dyeing and remodeling, but please, have a way to prevent "clown"-looking characters.

Tumblebutz

Novice Member

5/23/13 11:53:23 AM#24
I think the best way to eliminate "clown" looking toons is to not provide them with items that look clownish... like shoulder pieces the size of Texas, swords that look like helicopter blades and helmets that resemble geological formations.  In other words, whatever Wow did graphically, do the exact opposite.

Emeryc Eightdrakes - Ranger of DragonMyst Keep - Percival

RED IS DEAD!

Issiea

Novice Member

5/23/13 12:05:49 PM#25

I would like to have the option to hide the helm/cloak as well.  

The only time I don't like wearing the helm is when it doesn't match the rest of the armour set.  Some can end up looking really weird, especially if you only plan on wearing it short term for an upgrade later I hate being stuck with something that looks awful.

BeansnBread

Hard Core Member

5/23/13 12:15:54 PM#26
Originally posted by Tumblebutz
I think the best way to eliminate "clown" looking toons is to not provide them with items that look clownish... like shoulder pieces the size of Texas, swords that look like helicopter blades and helmets that resemble geological formations.  In other words, whatever Wow did graphically, do the exact opposite.

Too late for this one. Hungry monster bellies and giant shoulders are in. I prefer it, but if you don't... well, you're going to have to live with it.

SWTOR is the greatest mmo ever!

Tumblebutz

Novice Member

5/23/13 12:43:00 PM#27
Originally posted by colddog04

Too late for this one. Hungry monster bellies and giant shoulders are in. I prefer it, but if you don't... well, you're going to have to live with it.

Oh, that's not what I'm talking about at all.  I like all the concept art and models, so far.  I think everything is in proportion... the same certainly cannot be said about WoW models...

Emeryc Eightdrakes - Ranger of DragonMyst Keep - Percival

RED IS DEAD!

Delavega86

Novice Member

5/24/13 8:34:54 AM#28
Originally posted by colddog04

these arent that bad!

at least the weapons are regular size, and there's no flames, lightning, and glowy spikes anywhere.

CommoX

Advanced Member

5/26/13 1:40:23 PM#29

Style is based on individual preference.

I personally prefer my arms/armor to actually look like weapons from the Dark Ages and not some crazy looking unwieldy stuff we've seen in other games. While enchants and small characters with larger than average weapons is ok, example being a Dwarf known for strength dual wielding large 2 handed axes.

Here and there some of the crazy stuff looks neat but some of the intensity of it gets out of hand.

Perhaps, since we are discussing features to a lighter point, a toggle button for in town armor/cloths that displays when you are crafting, in your house, in town and such, but as soon as you enter combat you revert back to combat dress.

Also as far as gear/looks are concerned, I would really love to see the option of where to place my weapons on my person, and if I can use multiple weapons, have them all displayed on my person. I always loved having a dagger on my left hip, 1 handed hammer on my right and a 2 handed axe and shield slung across my back/shoulders.

Some weapons look better on your back, other on your hip, this would be a nice option.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search