Trending Games | Marvel Heroes | Elder Scrolls Online | Star Wars: The Old Republic | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,921,992 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,314,897
City State Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Development  (est.rel N/A)  | Pub:City State Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution: | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Camelot Unchained Forum » General Discussion » Poll: Bounty System (yes I said it)

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
34 posts found
  Smorak

Novice Member

What man is a man that does not make the world better?

2/24/13 1:06:50 AM#21
Again, we at ZK believe that the only way to implement a bounty system is make it a system-generated rewards program.  You can't allow players to post a bounty for everyone who ever wronged them in a video game based on PVP.  But if the system regulates how the bounties work, then it would flow smoothly.  It could reward players for kill streaks and reward other players for stopping those streaks.  That is pretty much how a few MOBAs works now.
  Ice-Queen

Hard Core Member

"Always borrow money from a pessimist. They won't expect it back."

2/24/13 2:44:30 AM#22
Originally posted by Xobdnas

(Puts flame resistant suit on)

We here at MMORPG know what I'm talking about. You lay dying on the ground after getting jumped from behind watching the guy with the obnoxious name spam emotes, tea bag you, and taunt you. It's the 5th time he got you. You think to yourself "doesn't he have anything better to do, isn't he bored of this yet, man I wish I could kill him or put a bounty on him so someone else can".

Lets discuss it, yay, nay, and/or ideas on it. I know it's something many of us have dreamed of, but never seen done correctly. SWG had one, EVE has one, neither work very well and got exploited.

Do I want one? Yes, it would add easy player created content and provide all of us with epic remember the time...stories that we haven't been experiencing in the theme parks of late.

Like all things in a MMO it needs meaning, consequence, and to be safe from exploitation.

(runs out of thread for fear of suit not being capable to withstand the heat)

I'm spiteful in mmorpg's. If someone attacks me while I'm killing mobs or tries to camp me, I camp them until they don't play that character again. My husband and I were on some alts once when we played WoW, we were low 40's and this 80 comes up and attacks us. He kills us the first time, we log in our 80's and stomp him continuously. I log into the other side with our son's account that played the other side, had him find what guild the guy was in, then got into his guild on that side with our son's alt. We then knew all the guys alts. So we killed and camped him and his alts for weeks on end everytime we knew he was on. The guy eventually after a few weeks told his guild he was going to transfer. We never saw him again.

I'd much rather go after someone myself with friends and family rather than giving that person the satisfaction and ego trip of having to have someone else come kill him. That's just me though. 

All that said, I'm not opposed to a bounty system where others could use it. It would give me more people to hunt down and camp.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
Dark Age of Camelot

Tierless

Apprentice Member

joie de vivre

OP  4/28/13 9:33:00 AM#23

I have been asking for a game with a good bounty system since I played SWG and they had a bad bounty system. After so many years, someone finally wants to make it happen, and make it a HUGE focus of the entire game! Skip to 4 minutes.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained/posts/465866

mmorpg.com/blogs/Xobdnas

Gdemami

Elite Member

4/28/13 10:45:18 AM#24

Originally posted by Tierless

I have been asking for a game with a good bounty system since I played SWG and they had a bad bounty system. After so many years, someone finally wants to make it happen, and make it a HUGE focus of the entire game! Skip to 4 minutes.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained/posts/465866

A game where you farm your alts for crafting mats...seriously...

Yet again it does not address the major issue of any bounty system - exploits.

Axxar

Hard Core Member

"See how I reward those who fail me!"

4/28/13 10:54:36 AM#25
A bounty system could be cool. I have no objection against it as long as it's interesting and difficult enough to exploit.

"Tiny clown, he got wet. I was talking to a psychic and I can't sleep in the ozone. There are too many different peanuts, looking sad.

meddyck

Advanced Member

4/28/13 11:54:10 AM#26
I'm not particularly interested in the lost soul/bounty system Mark was describing, but I would be okay if it was included as long as it is not required for the person who loses a piece of his soul to get it back before he can compete at full strength in RvR. It's easy to think of scenarios where it would be close to impossible to get it back (for instance the person who took it usually plays at a different time of day than you). Then you would be stuck forever in a weakened state and might as well delete and reroll. That would be a bad mechanic.

Camelot Unchained Backer
DAOC [retired]: R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R5 Healer

Niix_Ozek

Novice Member

4/28/13 12:01:04 PM#27
@tayah
Jesus Christ you need to get some help

Ozek - DAOC
Niix - Other games that sucked

SBE1

Advanced Member

4/28/13 12:03:10 PM#28

All of this stuff he has said in the videos doesn't mean any of it will actually make it in the game.  All you can count on is that there are a variety of ideas on what could be in the game.  But, until you start coding it and testing it, nobody knows if it would work or should even be part of the game.

I understand why MJ is doing it, so he can try to get people off the fence and fund it.  But really, all of this is just him spouting off ideas of what he imagines could be in the game.   If you have followed MMO development, you know developers always want this and that in the game, but when it's shipped they always deliver a fraction of what they promissed when the game was about 6 months from going live.   Those are from companies with working alpha-stage games.   This game isn't even in development...so what percentage of stuff is actually going to be in the game live?  30%?  10%?  Who knows.  Heck, even AoC promissed DX10 support on the box, showed screenshot and videos of the game running on DX10 but the game only ran on DX9 when shipped, so don't tell me anything about promisses by developers of MMOs.  

About the only thing you can count on is that it will be 3-realm PvP game with crafting.  If you think that's your kind of game, fund it.  Don't fund it because you like the stealth idea or the changing landscape idea or player bounties, because all of those specifics will change and most probably wont be in the final game.

Niix_Ozek

Novice Member

4/28/13 12:04:21 PM#29
As for the bounty system this isn't a needed addition to get players excited about killing a person
It's a pvp game that inherently comes with it...
There's no way he can implement this if it has any kind of negative for the player losing soul, he talked about the person burned brighter.. Seems silly

I think he forgets how much dyed and realm titles did already solve this

Ozek - DAOC
Niix - Other games that sucked

Axxar

Hard Core Member

"See how I reward those who fail me!"

4/28/13 12:27:06 PM#30
Originally posted by Niix_Ozek
@tayah
Jesus Christ you need to get some help

Sounds like it was the other guy who needed help, to be honest.

"Tiny clown, he got wet. I was talking to a psychic and I can't sleep in the ozone. There are too many different peanuts, looking sad.

Taldier

Novice Member

4/28/13 1:08:59 PM#31
Originally posted by meddyck
I'm not particularly interested in the lost soul/bounty system Mark was describing, but I would be okay if it was included as long as it is not required for the person who loses a piece of his soul to get it back before he can compete at full strength in RvR. It's easy to think of scenarios where it would be close to impossible to get it back (for instance the person who took it usually plays at a different time of day than you). Then you would be stuck forever in a weakened state and might as well delete and reroll. That would be a bad mechanic.

Based on the way he described it, I'm guessing that the soul would either eventually regenerate over time or there would be some other way to repair it to avoid creating the exact "quit point" that you mentioned here.

Tierless

Apprentice Member

joie de vivre

OP  4/28/13 2:02:21 PM#32

Originally posted by Taldier

Originally posted by meddyck I'm not particularly interested in the lost soul/bounty system Mark was describing, but I would be okay if it was included as long as it is not required for the person who loses a piece of his soul to get it back before he can compete at full strength in RvR. It's easy to think of scenarios where it would be close to impossible to get it back (for instance the person who took it usually plays at a different time of day than you). Then you would be stuck forever in a weakened state and might as well delete and reroll. That would be a bad mechanic.
Based on the way he described it, I'm guessing that the soul would either eventually regenerate over time or there would be some other way to repair it to avoid creating the exact "quit point" that you mentioned here.

I assume they have your soul but it degrades if they dont use it. And once they use it its also gone. I assume you recharge over time and I doubt you can lose your soul repeatedly in a short time frame resulting in you being too weak to fight.

mmorpg.com/blogs/Xobdnas

User Deleted
4/28/13 2:14:22 PM#33
Pointless feature. You will be ganked regardless of bounties. Put a bounty to ganker A, then how about ganker B, C, D, etc...?? Let the in-game players take care of the gankers.
  Gdemami

Elite Member

4/28/13 3:05:38 PM#34

Originally posted by BaltoBro

Let the in-game players take care of the gankers.

Because history proves how that works....

2 Pages « 1 2 Search